People who sweat a lot and spend their lives worrying about said sweat and trying to

Rexus

stop the sweat. I really backed out to see the picture from a non hh ridden point of view and it hits you--these people are really weird, why don't they just let it be? ... This condition is just weird, but do we really have to call it a condition. Why don't we just live with the idea that we are people who sweat more than others, in areas that people don't sweat much from, etc. Wouldn't that idea itself put us much more at rest? And just sip down a glass of wine with it and life looks so much better. lol

i seriously don't know. I think I worked out too much and feeling kind of ecstatic.

Rexus

AND, this is more interesting than the previous post that barely makes sense, I just found out my 18 year old brother's palms SWEAT JUST LIKE MINE, and he doesn't whine about it :s it's frikin weird, he is super popular and people love him a lot, so seriously... what the hell? To tell you the truth, he really makes me think, how many people with hh out there don't even think much about it? I was scouting the gym and I think I found at least 3 people with facial hh and one with overall hh. Taking our poor social skills and a pool of around, let's say, 100 people at that gym, 5% (I'm at the gym no?) have a form of hh! And that's the ones I know of. Plenty more probably have it as well!

What do you think?

Do we happen to be people who have a mental problem that overthink things (maybe OCD) and so we overthink our hh problem?

Really guys, think about it, it starts to make you feel better.

And sip a cold drink and sit under the air condition while u do it... life seems sweet no?

Rexus

And I always hear people don't know anyone with hh, but seriously? My sister's friend's hands drip sweat, I had an xgf who had HH (can you believe it!? and I had very few gfs), I only had like 5 true friends at university and one of them had palmoplantar hh! (he didn't care much about it) and I had around 5 true friend back at high school and TWO of them had really sweaty hands! >.>

Don't my posts make you think? Like, really think? hmmmm

Rexus

Tell you the truth, right this moment I am thinking that I'll grow out of my hh (weird thinking), and just by thinking that, I'm believing it will happen 100%. I'll just shut up now and go take a bath. Make this a sweet conversation, and really guys, don't whine much and be more positive. Let's make this the positive sweaty people thread. Sweaty people can be cool. Girls actually find my body sexy when it's dripping with sweat. they go mmmm mmmm mmmm and whistle lol

Mr_Drips

This is similar to what I was trying to say in my latest thread. We should just accept it, and get over it. It will make everything so much better for us, even though it's really tough to achieve that kind of thinking. Although, if we were to stop caring so much, it would DEFINATELY make me sweat less because I'm not anxious. Ofcourse, it's easier said than done.

I have random periods of dryness throughout the day, and I feel like slowly, I'm gaining a bit more control over it, or maybe it's all in my head. I really don't know. I've also become better at getting dry, by doing certain things. For instance, I notice I am dry for a bit after I have a shower. Totally dry. Drinking helps. Cigarettes help. Avert, etc. And ofcourse, having a nice AC is always a plus.

gg1101

I have never let my HH stop me from doing anything I want to do.

If the chick I'm scheming on thinks I sweat too much, I just remind her of how great really sweaty sex is.

In the summer, I buy a lot of those towels from the automotive section of Wal-Mart. They are white, cheap, and used to detail cars. I carry one around with me everywhere and use it to wipe me face off.

I prefer to do outside activities in the summer, because if everyone is sweating, it doesnt matter that I am too.

The only time I've found that HH may affect me negatively is in the courtroom, if my client is shady and I'm sweating a lot, the judge might think I'm nervous because I am not being truthful.

Sure, I wear a lot of colored clothing that hides sweat, but no one has ever mistaken me for a goth or a golfer (my golf game is getting better, and those golf polos conceal sweat very well).

ycbaby6191

i don't care at all about the HH on my hands & feet. all i have to do is rub them on my pants or something wow big deal. but i hate it on my face (above my lip & forehead) ima girl so i cant even wear makeup now :( it IS a big deal!!

mattbarneswillkillu

i've got to agree w/ ycbaby6191. there's not much worse than your face dripping like you just ran a marathon in Africa in the middle of the summer, just when someone suprises you for a kind hello. i might have over exaggerated a bit but when your in the middle of a convo and beads start rolling, it gets hard to stay upbeat. you lose eye contact because they're in amazement of the faucet that formed on your face & quickly wrap up the convo. i probably sound like -nancy, sorry. I haven't let it stop me from doing much of anything, it's just annoying.

ycbaby6191

i've got to agree w/ ycbaby6191. there's not much worse than your face dripping like you just ran a marathon in Africa in the middle of the summer, just when someone suprises you for a kind hello. i might have over exaggerated a bit but when your in the middle of a convo and beads start rolling, it gets hard to stay upbeat. you lose eye contact because they're in amazement of the faucet that formed on your face & quickly wrap up the convo. i probably sound like -nancy, sorry. I haven't let it stop me from doing much of anything, it's just annoying.

Well im jealous, i wish it wouldnt interfere with my life but it has :( i don't ever go out anymore because ill look crazy from all the unnecessary sweat! Its even caused me to have social anxiety

hyp-hi

It's hard to just ignore it and not let it bother you. When you sweat so much that you can feel it physically and see it visually, you can't help but think about it.

Sprawling

I guess it takes a very strong person to overlook the sweating and move on with their lives. I'm not one of them.

RolloTomasi

The main problem is the whole "Get over it" point of view is that it simply doesn't work in today's society. Even if someone has the strength to do a mental and emotional 180 degree turn and decide they don't care about it any longer, eventually someone out in the world is going to be a big enough jerk to make a sarcastic comment and draw attention to it.

It's like the old saying in boxing; everyone has a plan until they get hit.

mattbarneswillkillu

The main problem is the whole "Get over it" point of view is that it simply doesn't work in today's society. Even if someone has the strength to do a mental and emotional 180 degree turn and decide they don't care about it any longer, eventually someone out in the world is going to be a big enough jerk to make a sarcastic comment and draw attention to it.

It's like the old saying in boxing; everyone has a plan until they get hit.

haha yes, I was hit today!

when you all sweat does your breathing patterns become irregular or dissappear? I was trying to be as concious of it as possible in class when I raised my hand to answer a question (got it right), then the teacher called on me to read a paragraph. I thought that i'd exhale too infrequently or something. could this be a reason? does any1 else notice how they breathe?

medlam

This guys an ******* no way you can compare palm hh to full body hh. 'Just get on with it' is a stupid thing to say this **** ****s peoples lives up and you expect people to go around like nothings wrong well something is wrong this ain't normal this ain't the way life is meant to be lived !!! ****ing idiot

fitftw

I hate when I walk into class with my forehead soaked and my back dripping in sweat when everyone else is dry as a rock. Especially in the summer when any shirt I wear is just completely drenched at all times. Then I just say to myself "oh well" and I just don't look at anyone once I'm seated.

DaaaBulls

It's hard not let it get to you when I don't feel comfortable in my own body. It is uncomfortable when I can sit in an air conditioned room and watch as my hand drips beads of sweat on the ground.

For me, it makes it hard to have personal relationships with the opposite sex. First impressions mean everything and if I cannot be comfortable around someone because my hands are dripping with sweat than a relationship just isn't going to form.

There are by far way more debilitating conditions in the world, but for me this is the one that is effecting ME and so it makes it the most debilitating condition in the world.

gg1101

I've gotten to the point where I just pretty much talk openly about it with anyone and everyone who makes a comment about it. At first I would be slightly embarrassed to say "I have a medical condition." Now, I just say it like its not a big deal, and say that I take meds for it but they don't always work well. Truthfully, even though I don't let it stop me, I ****ing hate it.

On a side note, ycbaby6191 you look pretty smoking hot in the profile. If I ever make it out to San Diego I'll buy you are drink and let you show me your favorite bar that has the best ocean breeze (or air conditioner).

Head

I can understand what the point of the thread is and in theory its a great idea. Lots of the time I sweat because I'm thinking about sweating, its like a vicious cycle. I'm sure that if I wasn't so self conscious and I could just get it out of my mind, it would be much easier.
I do try to be positive, because it does help, but some people just don't understand how hard that is to do.

woofytalk

The thing is, it's hard to move past the whole sweating thing because Hyperhidrosis isn't just a physical problem that can be ignored. It becomes a psychological problem in the sense that it brings on social anxiety. A lot of people treat excessive sweating from a purely physical perspective - which is great.

However, there are tons of cases where HH is multiplied by anxiety and a general nervousness by the sufferer. If we could all disregard this problem like water off a duck's back (or sweat off a duck's back ;) ) it would be great. Unfortunately - that's not usually the case.

Bravo, however, to the originator of this post for taking such a grounded attitude towards this problem.