People are compassionate

laure15

I agree. This forum has allowed to be honest about my thoughts and feelings which made me feel better. Earlier this year, I also made my feelings clear to a classmate. I did an online class with her before, and I came off as happy and bubbly, but really I'm not. This semester, we were in the same online class as well and she emailed me saying that maybe we could work together. I was going through severe depression and mental chaos at that time, and the last thing I want to do is socialize with someone. So, I emailed her back saying I had depression and anxiety and was looking for help. I was nervous about her reaction to this, but she emailed me back with a positive message.

Nanita

You´re right.
Nowadays it´s easier for me to be honest and actually say to people that I have social phobia (or maybe I will say it in other words, like "I often get extremely nervous around people") and it´s absolutely much better than completely hiding it.

but how do you come out saying that u do have social phobia? im thinkin it would be easier for girls to come out with it than guys too right?

Nanita

but how do you come out saying that u do have social phobia? im thinkin it would be easier for girls to come out with it than guys too right?

I don´t know "how". I just say it. But it took many years of never saying it or explaining to others how I am.
Okay I don´t say it every single time I´m with people. But then again I am not with people very often these days.

MikeyC

I don't think it's any easier for girls to admit it. It's something nobody really wants.

crazycatlady27

i will freely admit to what i have and how it started and take any help i can get to make my life that little bit of normal again
i think hiding it can possible make it worse and i know there are people who just dont get it, my in laws are like that i have tried to explain it to them and they were mean and cruel about to my husband, i have banished those people from mine and my kids lives !!!

you never know what someone will say until you tell them :)

I don't think it's any easier for girls to admit it. It's something nobody really wants.

Exactly, nobody likes to admit that they're scared. Even less so admit what they're almost chronically scared of to what they're scared of.

It's like.. having thee with the dragon that has been terrorizing the village.