Okay so- terrible day yesterday.

Kathryn.fr

But it got better towards the end/dinner time. I had to go to DHS officer about food stamps, my other trans friend went with me, and there was this desk guy there. A little back story on him, he is a transphobe/homophobe. The very first day I went it a month ago to renew my card which had no money on it, he clocked me and addressed me as sir the entire time. NOT cool, I thought it was a harmless misgender, happens you know. I was sad, but I remember all day I never got misgendered. But yesterday when I had to go up to him he called me up by going "Hello senor " Right then I knew what he was doing. He knows my gender identity, my preferred pronouns, and my name and kept addressing me out loud by the complete opposite. He called me senor, dude, brother, guy, buddy. Even after I asked him to please, between him and me to use my preferred pronouns. It's potentially dangerous to call me out like that for everyone to hear. He told me to come back next Tuesday to see him about my card, my friend grabbed me a descrimination form because it says in it that they can't descriminate me based on my gender identity. He made it perfectly clear to anyone else in the room that I was just a dude dressed like a lady. Unacceptable. I went back to Outside In and my case manager found me and I told him and now he's going to try to take care of that guy. Then I had a physical so I can get into the housing program and they had check boxes for my gender and such, and I had to put my birth name as well that was cool, but the doctor guy kept calling me "he/his/him" along with calling me Kat or Kathryn, like wtf... insensitive. Then the lady that had to release me was trying to list me in their records as male and doing the same thing. So there is an orientation today for the employee's that they need to fix this stuff. Tday I'm hoping goes a little better.

DeadmanWalking

I'm so sorry about that. Have you filled out that discrimination form yet? You really need to, in my opinion. What that desk guy did was not only uncalled for, but he was really being a d*ck to you for no good reason. As for the doctor, well, I say wait things out and see how he does if you have to go meet him again. I hope things go better for you today too:).

Kiwong

That guy was rude, he can't treat customers like that. With anxiety I suppose it is hard enough to go to the office in the first place, let alone have someone being insenstive on top of that.

Section_31

im really sorry to hear that Kathryn :(.

People like that and their bigotry are unfortunately what keep our species from making progress. The human animal can be so cruel sometimes.

I hope your doing ok. *hug*

Aletheia

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that.

I find bureaucracy stressful enough as it is, without any bigotry on top of it.

Hope today treats you better.

KiaKaha

Banned
Wow, what are we... living in the 19th century? Blatant rudeness. That would of upset me too if I was in your position. What a dick.

Srijita52

I'm so sorry you had to go through this Kathryn. That guy seems like a complete jerk. Hope today is way much better for you :)