Not growing up

jimmy75

Does anyone else here feel like they're not truly grown up? What I mean is that I'm an adult, I can vote, drive, drink, marry, fight in a war, and smoke. However I don't feel like an adult. I don't want to do any of those things I've just listed, it's pathetic but I'd be perfectly happy for the rest of my life just to watch cartoons all day and get tucked into bed by my mother at night. I don't have any of that any more, and I miss it. What I'm saying is because I've been so socially isolated my whole life I haven't grown up properly.

Anyone else feel like this, like they're a kid in an adult's body? Is it selfish for me to think that I shouldn't make any contribution to society at all?

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Does anyone else here feel like they're not truly grown up? What I mean is that I'm an adult, I can vote, drive, drink, marry, fight in a war, and smoke. However I don't feel like an adult. I don't want to do any of those things I've just listed, it's pathetic but I'd be perfectly happy for the rest of my life just to watch cartoons all day and get tucked into bed by my mother at night. I don't have any of that any more, and I miss it. What I'm saying is because I've been so socially isolated my whole life I haven't grown up properly.

Anyone else feel like this, like they're a kid in an adult's body? Is it selfish for me to think that I shouldn't make any contribution to society at all?

I would never go back to live with my parents even if you paid me, but I know how you feel. I don't feel like an adult either, especially because I work with a bunch of young careerist when I in the meantime don't give a single **** about my career and just want to go play outside.

I also miss watching cartoons and eating cereals on saturday morning. I still do on rainy saturday mornings sometimes just for old time's sake.

I miss the simplicity of being a kid, most of all. I feel like being an adult here is getting more and more complicated. And I do feel immature as well, but I'm not sure why.

About contributing to society, I thought I had something smart to say about it but it doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe I'll try later if an intelligible sentence happens to take form in my brain.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Does anyone else here feel like they're not truly grown up? What I mean is that I'm an adult, I can vote, drive, drink, marry, fight in a war, and smoke. However I don't feel like an adult.

What I'm saying is because I've been so socially isolated my whole life I haven't grown up properly.

Aye, ah feel the same way. :)

lyricalliaisons

I'm 32 and I feel no more than 16-17. That's progressed from just two to three years ago when I felt 12. I know how you feel.

Rawz

I always feel 14-17 in most ways. I look in the mirror, and I don't see a 21 year old adult, I see a teenager. I think it's mostly because I was homeschooled all through school and as a result spent most of my time at home by myself. I didn't have any other influences on me or peer pressure, didn't socialize much, and so I have grown up much slower.