Not cut out to be different

Bo592

Does anybody else seem to have a passion that you can`t seem to shack off. or something that you enjoy doing that not really popular with the people around you. MY main goal in choosing a hobby was so it would help me meet lots of friends. My weird hobbies are playing video games and writing spec scripts. which may seem strange to a lot of you to consider this as being weird But it is form where I live Nobody in the state of Indiana seem to share my interest in video games or spec scripts.

Which I can`t really see how their could every be a tape of a group for these things. The truth is that I am different but not cut out to be different. I can`t handle the respondsibility of being different form everyone else around me. I am tried of always feeling disconnected form everyone else. When I find people who like the same game as me it always the same problem they like it for a different reason than me.

I can`t handle being different . I can`t handle that I have to agree with everyone all the time that I am weird. Then they walk away because we can`t share a connection. I hate that talking can`t come natural to me and I have to force myself to enjoy a topic that I am not interested in to try and hold up a conversation. I can`t connect to the normal things like sports and drinking. The truth hear is I am not cut out to be different and not cut out to be same. Being different you have to be able to understand that what your doing is not understandable by alot of people So you have to excuse people for being mean to you. The truth is I am very exhausted of following this rule I feel sick of all the things I enjoy doing because I don`t think I will every find anyone who will except me. I just wish I could be around people I could share in there passion more.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
If you don't mind my asking, what's a spec script?

And, if it's any comfort to you, my love of playing the guitar or comic books isn't shared by anyone around me. I used to play video games, but I don't have the concentration for 'em. Used to when I was younger. It also sound like you live in a small town, like I do.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Does anybody else seem to have a passion that you can`t seem to shack off. or something that you enjoy doing that not really popular with the people around you. MY main goal in choosing a hobby was so it would help me meet lots of friends. My weird hobbies are playing video games and writing spec scripts. which may seem strange to a lot of you to consider this as being weird But it is form where I live Nobody in the state of Indiana seem to share my interest in video games or spec scripts.

Which I can`t really see how their could every be a tape of a group for these things. The truth is that I am different but not cut out to be different. I can`t handle the respondsibility of being different form everyone else around me. I am tried of always feeling disconnected form everyone else. When I find people who like the same game as me it always the same problem they like it for a different reason than me.

I can`t handle being different . I can`t handle that I have to agree with everyone all the time that I am weird. Then they walk away because we can`t share a connection. I hate that talking can`t come natural to me and I have to force myself to enjoy a topic that I am not interested in to try and hold up a conversation. I can`t connect to the normal things like sports and drinking. The truth hear is I am not cut out to be different and not cut out to be same. Being different you have to be able to understand that what your doing is not understandable by alot of people So you have to excuse people for being mean to you. The truth is I am very exhausted of following this rule I feel sick of all the things I enjoy doing because I don`t think I will every find anyone who will except me. I just wish I could be around people I could share in there passion more.

Oh, and another thing, my family say I'm weird. But I've got used to hearing that of me, it doesn't bother me. But it sounds like you're caught between not being like everyone else as far as interests and kinda wanting to fit-in in some way. Correct me if I'm wrong? It just reads that way to me. :idontknow:

Maybe, find another hobby? :question: But don't give up the scripts and video games. Personally, I don't think you'll be too happy with yourself if you force yerself to take up a new hobby solely to make friends. That might just be me, though? Does that make sense? Also, is there not an internet forum which would be tailored to your interests? If you can't find people with similar interests in your town? Sorry for the back-to-back posts, these suggestions just came to me after my initial reply.

Sacrament

The only wrong kind of different is if you're a murderer or a rapist (or similar abhorrences). Plus, video gaming is most people's hobby nowadays, I'm sure you'll find a bunch of people while gaming whom you can be friends with.

It's not about being different, it's about liking whatever you like and being proud of it. If your hobbies aren't compatible with some people, then look for other people they're compatible with.

theoutsider

I was thinking along similar lines on my drive home today. How can I use my hobbies to meet like minded people. I like writing, it's my main outlet as I get to be creative and I find it relaxing (although I admit I don't know what a spec script is). The problem with that is writing doesn't exactly invite interaction with others unless you want to meet with people and discuss the art of writing or what you're currently working on. Not exactly what I had in mind and would most likely turn into the type of social scene where I'm largely ignored as per the norm. I guess what I'm trying to say here is you are not alone (if that helps).

My only suggestion would be to try to think of other things that may interest you that you are not currently pursuing and give it a try, particularly if there are groups you can join and participate in. I'm considering taking up hiking and seeing if that'll work out. It's always sounded like a good thing to do but I can't say how passionate I will be about it.

Zelazek

Hi, Bo592. I can relate very much to what you are saying. Thanks for your post. What I would suggest is this: Don't take up a hobby just because you think it will bring you into contact with lots of people and you'll find friends. Stick with the hobbies you are passionate about. When you talk about those hobbies you will then speak knowledgeably and easily and with confidence. One thing that attracts friends is confidence. One thing that will repel people is if they pick up that you don't really know much about the hobby but are just desperate to make friends.

Like the others I don't know what spec scripts are but I presume they involve writing of some kind. I think you may have a talent for writing. When you say, "I'm not cut out to be different and not cut out to be the same", I start to think that might be a great first line in a poem.

I hate to be pessimistic here but in my experience just because you find people who share the same passions doesn't mean you are going to like them. I used to love acting in amateur drama but I couldn't stand my fellow actors. I used to be a member of a writers' group that met every month but most of them were bores who were wrapped up in their own self-important worlds. An online writers' group I joined was a bit better for a time - but I ended up falling out with them. (My own fault. I was far too rude about a fellow member's work.)

I have sometimes thought that it is perhaps not shared interests but shared temperaments and outlooks that are important when bringing people together in friendship. But maybe that's a topic for another time.

ozley62

Enjoy and celebrate your uniqueness! I don't care to be like everyone else, I like being me and also enjoy alone time and could care less if I don't fit in.
I look at it as others don't fit in with me instead of the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ljj77700

I can relate to a lot of what you wrote here. I feel lonely on a constant basis. It sucks to go through that. I go to a community college. Sometimes, the experience there sucks. Stereotypically, community college is notorious for having for an anti-social atmosphere. At CC, the stereotype is that it is harder to make friends because there are no dorms, no one lives on campus, most of the people go there to get their education and come home. So it is harder for social interaction to come about.

In terms of hobbies, I guess. I have a *slight* autism problem, a mild case of OCD, and some social awkwardness. So I tend to not have a easy time making friends. Making friends is now something that I'm aspiring to do.

Sometimes, I feel different from the crowd. Even when I'm in a room dancing to energetic music and having fun, there are still tiny bits of loneliness that I feel lonely. I feel lonely on a constant basis. But I'm trying to change that by making friends. I signed up for a few clubs so hopefully, I make some friends.

I have occasional moments in which I don't feel "in sync" with everyone. I think everyone has experienced that feeling at least once, if not, more.

Don't feel bad. Try to stay positive if you can.

Ljj77700

I was thinking along similar lines on my drive home today. How can I use my hobbies to meet like minded people. I like writing, it's my main outlet as I get to be creative and I find it relaxing (although I admit I don't know what a spec script is). The problem with that is writing doesn't exactly invite interaction with others unless you want to meet with people and discuss the art of writing or what you're currently working on. Not exactly what I had in mind and would most likely turn into the type of social scene where I'm largely ignored as per the norm. I guess what I'm trying to say here is you are not alone (if that helps).

My only suggestion would be to try to think of other things that may interest you that you are not currently pursuing and give it a try, particularly if there are groups you can join and participate in. I'm considering taking up hiking and seeing if that'll work out. It's always sounded like a good thing to do but I can't say how passionate I will be about it.

I also love to write.

Kiwong

My passions are really solitary pursuits in many ways. I enjoy them most in my own company. I do connect with other people who share my interests but mostly indirectly.

On the few occasions I shared my time with others, the enjoyment is often diminished.

Bo592

EXT.Bo592 home - night

Bo592 just got done watching a walking dead rerun and then walk over and sat down at his computer to write to people across the world
at socialphobiaworld.

GRAEME1988

( TEXTING )
If you don't mind my asking, what's a spec script?

And, if it's any comfort to you, my love of playing the guitar or comic books isn't shared by anyone around me. I used to play video games, but I don't have the concentration for 'em. Used to when I was younger. It also sound like you live in a small town, like I do.

Bo592

(TEXTING)
yes, I do live in a small town. It get hard their no nearby places where people go. The only place I find was a small chruch I thought that was going to help me out but then when I walk in there was only a small group of people and Everyone acted like I did not belong their.It was weird to have that feeling at a chruch. A spec script is a form of writing that movie stars study for acting.

Graeme1988

(TEXTING)
Oh, and another thing, my family say I'm weird. But I've got used to hearing that of me, it doesn't bother me. But it sounds like you're caught between not being like everyone else as far as interests and kinda wanting to fit-in in some way. Correct me if I'm wrong? It just reads that way to me.
Maybe,find another hobby? But don't give up the scripts and video games. Personally, I don't think you'll be too happy with yourself if you force yerself to take up a new hobby solely to make friends. That might just be me, though? Does that make sense? Also, is there not an internet forum which would be tailored to your interests? If you can't find people with similar interests in your town? Sorry for the back-to-back posts, these suggestions just came to me after my initial reply.

Bo592

(TEXTING)
yeah I don`t feel like everyone else.I do have the feeling of wanting to fit in more. I am wanting to fit in more so talking don`t feel like a struggle.

Sacrament

(TEXTING)
The only wrong kind of different is if you're a murderer or a rapist (or similar abhorrences). Plus, video gaming is most people's hobby nowadays, I'm sure you'll find a bunch of people while gaming whom you can be friends with.

It's not about being different, it's about liking whatever you like and being proud of it. If your hobbies aren't compatible with some people, then look for other people they're compatible with.

Bo592

(TEXTING)
I am hoping to find a group that I can relate to. I am always
feeling left out and disconnected from everyone else. I am just
tried of how much time has pass and still nothing, nobody still show
up.

theoutsider
(TEXTING)

My only suggestion would be to try to think of other things that may interest you that you are not currently pursuing and give it a try, particularly if there are groups you can join and participate in. I'm considering taking up hiking and seeing if that'll work out. It's always
sounded like a good thing to do but I can't say how passionate I will be about it.
Bo592

(TEXING)
A spec script is a form of writing where movie director
make for actors to study to know their lines. I wanted to write novels. But my ideas did not come out very emotional by the time I thought of the perfect way to word my ideas I already forgot of
the rest of thoughts.

Zelazek

(TEXTING)
Hi, Bo592. I can relate very much to what you are saying. Thanks for your post. What I would suggest is this: Don't take up a hobby just because you think it will bring you into contact with lots of people and you'll find friends. Stick with the hobbies you are passionate about. When you talk about those hobbies you will then speak knowledgeably and easily and with confidence. One thing that attracts friends is confidence. One thing that will repel people is if they pick up that you don't really know much about the hobby but are just desperate to make friends.

Like the others I don't know what spec scripts are but I presume they involve writing of some kind. I think you may have a talent for writing. When you say, "I'm not cut out to be different and not cut out to be the same", I start to think that might be a great first line in a poem.

I hate to be pessimistic here but in my experience just because you find people who share the same passions doesn't mean you are going to like them. I used to love acting in amateur drama but I couldn't stand my fellow actors. I used to be a member of a writers' group that met every month but most of them were bores who were wrapped up in their own self-important worlds. An online writers' group I joined was a bit better for a time - but I ended up falling out with them. (My own fault. I was far too rude about a fellow member's work.)

I have sometimes thought that it is perhaps not shared interests but shared temperaments and outlooks that are important when bringing people together in friendship. But maybe that's a topic for another time.

Bo592

(TEXTING)
yes I know what you mean that I got to find a hobby
that I truly enjoy that not held together by fake emotions
Maybe I just need to explore their might be a hobby that
I am unaware of.

ozley62

(TEXTING)
Enjoy and celebrate your uniqueness! I don't care to be like everyone else, I like being me and also enjoy alone time and could care less if I don't fit in.
I look at it as others don't fit in with me instead of the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bo592

(TEXTING)
cheers !!!

Ljj77700

(TEXTING)
I can relate to a lot of what you wrote here. I feel lonely on a constant basis. It sucks to go through that. I go to a community college. Sometimes, the experience there sucks. Stereotypically, community college is notorious for having for an anti-social atmosphere. At CC, the stereotype is that it is harder to make friends because there are no dorms, no one lives on campus, most of the people go there to get their education and come home. So it is harder for social interaction to come about.

In terms of hobbies, I guess. I have a *slight* autism problem, a mild case of OCD, and some social awkwardness. So I tend to not have a easy time making friends. Making friends is now something that I'm aspiring to do.

Sometimes, I feel different from the crowd. Even when I'm in a room dancing to energetic music and having fun, there are still tiny bits of loneliness that I feel lonely. I feel lonely on a constant basis. But I'm trying to change that by making friends. I signed up for a few clubs so hopefully, I make some friends.

I have occasional moments in which I don't feel "in sync" with everyone. I think everyone has experienced that feeling at least once, if not, more.
Kiwong

(TEXTING)
My passions are really solitary pursuits in many ways. I enjoy them most in my own company. I do connect with other people who share my interests but mostly indirectly.

On the few occasions I shared my time with others, the enjoyment is often diminished.

theslowesthand

(TEXTING WITH A LINK )