no friends

davidburke

i'm 21 and i have never had a friend ever ::(: not one, its so depressingly lonely ::(: if i even had one or two good friends. I don't really know how to or what it means to have a friend.

how many of you have never had any friends? and those of you who who have friends how did you make them?

I wish we could all get together and be friends in real life

Danedo

25 with no friends either. I don't think it will always be like this, however.

It is a somewhat 'reversible' situation, considering how malleable the brain is, and it just takes time and the proper cultivation.

So don't beat yourself up. The important thing is to take steps to change. What steps you need to take I don't know, but that would make a great first step :)

Aussie_Lad

I currently don't have any friends, but in the past here are some methods that have worked.

- There was one fellow in high school who asked to be friends on the first day
- When I was a child, parents introducing themselves to neighbours who had kids.
- In college, a mature aged student in our class, would talk to us and invite us to hang out.
- Someone introduced me to a network marketing opportunity, and then would invite me to do stuff with him.

I am never one to pass up an opportunity, so I almost always say "yes" when people have asked me to go somewhere with them.

sevenroses

I can relate. I had two good friends but one moved away and the other one is really busy in University so I don't really think he's available too much. It's been years since I've actually seen either one of them. It does make you feel a little miserable though :(

fitftw

I'm 26, no friends, but it's my fault. I prefer spending every single night holed up in my room alone.

sevenroses

I'm 26, no friends, but it's my fault. I prefer spending every single night holed up in my room alone.

Sorry to hear. Same goes for me. I know I'm so introvert. I love my privacy and I'm addicted to my alone time but I guess we all need that special balance even if it's just a little human interaction to stay sane.

krs2snow

There's some things we can change and some things we can't. For example If you have Kidney failure- there isn't much you can do about it other than radiation treatments or seek out alternative medicines. However, if you have no friends- I'm sorry to say- but the problem lies entirely with you. You are the only one standing in the way and you are the only one who can change things. This may seem depressing, since you probably already know that you're the one creating the problem but it doesn't have to be. It could just be a time for you to WAKE UP and realize that this is your life! You are in charge! Not your mommy. Not your daddy. But you! Put yourself out there on a limb and see if you fall. I guarentee it will be the most exhilerating feeling you've ever felt, no matter what the outcome. You must put as much effort into being happy as you put into being depressed.

AGR

i'm 21 and i have never had a friend ever ::(: not one, its so depressingly lonely ::(: if i even had one or two good friends. I don't really know how to or what it means to have a friend.

how many of you have never had any friends? and those of you who who have friends how did you make them?

I wish we could all get together and be friends in real life

its been a long while since I had a close friend,maybe you could find a hobby where there are a lot of people or you interact with them,even if you dont make friends it will distract you and there will be a lot of small talk about the hobby etc.