Nicest things people have said to you..

Lei

I was going through a really painful time in my life where I was trying to shed my persona and be who I felt I truly was inside. I basically felt like an ugly, raw, open wound most of the time, just struggling to get through each day. A woman I knew just kind of blurted out one day, "You live such an honest life. You are who you seem to be." You could have knocked me over with a feather. She saw the real me and it made all the pain I was going through so worth it.

kuhtreen

I just read this comment my sister left me on my music myspace...it made me feel really good and the first thing I thought of was, "I should share this on the forum!" Haha.

"HOLY CRAP!!!!! YOUR SONG IS BEAUTIFUL.
WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME YOU PUT ONE UP?!?!?! wowowowowowow so good catty i am honored to be your sister and be in your presence everyday I LOVE YOU!!!"

How sweet is that? :)

worrywort

what a lovely thread!

I made a friend once, and when she told her friend about me her friend apparently thought I might have been her guardian angel!!!!

that made me feel good!....I told her "maybe I am ;)"

Disco

I agree this is such a lovely thread. Ive been told loads of nice things but I used to tend to not want to believe the things being said. Being told that I am the kindest, most caring, loving spirit was one of the ones that really had an effect on me. Being told that I am a beautiful person inside and out to.

My favourite thing though is when I get fantastic comments on my (secret) youtube musician account. When im told such lovely things about my voice it gives me confidence and hope.

rockinrollinman

Let' see... I think the nicest thing anyone ever said to me was "I don't think you realize how smart you are". That was a serious confidence booster for a long time.

SpartanEL

I can't remember the last time someone said something nice to me seeing as how I've lived a hermit lifestyle for the past several years.

However, I am going to school right now and taking prereqs to apply for an accelerated nursing program that starts next September. In my microbio class, I somehow got the nerve to strike up a conversation with 3 girls near my seat. I asked if they were also taking the class as a prereq for nursing and one of them said "no are you? I'm going to just take the same classes as you and follow you around campus". Ha, I guess that was a nice comment and I think she likes me. She always sits down next to me and starts talking, etc.

The problem is, I'm 30 and she is like no older than 21. Anyway, she invited me to a party at her house this Friday night. The last time I went to a house party, DMX was big and cargo pants were in style :lol:

Reholla

Alexx said:
To be honest, nothing.

that seriously cant be-- nothing at all??! Do you compliment other people? if you do, some one has HAD to have said a compliment back! that happens like 50% of the time.
and if your answer is still no, try it, and see if some one says something nice back.

I just remembered some more:

One of my FAVorite professors of all time (he was more a friend/mentor, hes one of the most awesome men ive ever met-- and i dont like him like that! haha but you know what i mean) Just so you get his personality, the first days of class he said: "I've found the only good thing that comes from pressure is crap ...... on the throne!!" &
"Just to let ya know, I have a real sensitive BS o meter. So don't even try stringin pieces of regurgitation together and callin it a paper." -
Anyway, i would have questions on a paper due and he would just respond with detailed answers... and i would ask questions about his class and just LIFE and he would take the time to respond, and we would have nice chats before/after class. I just realllly love him as a person. we're now friends on facebook :D haha...anyway, one email i wrote i explained that i was going to have to miss class that day, and how i was worried about completing the deadline having this horrible virus. and was like, "if you have what my wife has, you must not be doing very well. Short of having a note from a doctor, though, the college won't let me budge on the turn-in date, I'm sorry to say. However, you have a great deal of intelligence and dedication working in your favor" also, one day after class we were talking and he just said, "you are a very smart girl." just in the most genuine way. hes just so sweet and everything a teacher should be, encourages people EVERY day. I really miss seeing him every week.

Alright sorry that was really long-

lol anywaysss...

the other one is just i went to this new haircut lady, one my grandmother recomended.. and she told my grandmother that i reminded her of a movie star. : )

Some_guy

Being called funny, pretty, etc.

Though what pleases me the most is when people think I'm good at the art form I do. :wink:

Walk

"You are extremely cute"

I swear, I'm average looking, but this one hottie in hs thought I was really something. She said it while she had a bf though. And in those days... man, I was just full of shyness/anxiety; there's no way I could've led the situation to anything.

Helyna

I love this thread. It makes me feel so good!
Well, I've had a lot. Some of my teachers have said that they wish every kid was like me. Everyone thinks I'm super smart (it's intelligence + a good memory + the ability to actually work). I know people must think I'm pretty, but I don't get that much except for the occasional "I love your hair/eyes/eyelashes" (my eyelashes are really long). But some of the best - the sponsor for my school club said that he had faith in me. A friend I met on fanfiction.net has said twice that one of the best things she had ever done was to PM me. And I've gotten a lot of wonderful compliments on two of the stories I put there. ("I couldn't stop laughing after that! It was priceless!" "Wow. This is really good. You pull emotions perfectly, I really love it." "Amazing, awesome, spectacular, stupendus, interesting, and unexpected.") And there are others... but those are some of my favorites.

Danfalc

Banned
Probaly stuff my gf says to me... :) I dunno why but even daft little things she says make me so happy... or go totaly like awrrr and all soppy :D When she tells me she loves me,not because ive said it or she's saying it because she thinks I need to hear it but when she just says it.When she tells me she misses me despite us only speaking a day ago lol.The nicest thing tho is probaly when she just laughs... cos thats all i need to know thats she's happy and enjoying herself and then I feel happy aswell :oops:

Ive had some really nice stuff said to me by online friends aswell... not that forced sorta polite compliments,but kinda off the wall stuff... its hard to put into sentances.. but just moments like when you make each other laugh that hard you spit ya brew out ya nose or sommat haha :D

FesterA7X

I Was Shopping

i was shopping the other day with my family and there was this women about mid 30 - 40's i think.
and she had some shoppin but no basket or trolley and she dropped a box of corn flakes and i picked them up for her and took them over to the counter.
i got a few other things off her which she was holding cause she couldnt manage and she said
"aww thank you very much you are a real gentleman" and i smiled and said your welcome and ty
and she said to the women on the counter "you dont get many gentleman these days do you" and the women on the counter said said "no you dont" and then she smiled at me :)
i had a smile on my face all day long :)

ioanna

today someone said to me you are a very good girl and have beautiful
eyes.i didnt say anything,just smile

ChrisAtHome

My main boss who rarely I get to see came by my work place Sat evening and when he saw me he told me that I was looking good. I appreciate him for his positive support in my life; he even is paying the bill for me to receive counselling each Monday.

Lotrsfan

Uhm..there are others but i can't remember them!!! :)
My dad sometimes says nice things to me like "You know your a funny little thing sometimes or sometimes instead of funny it's 'sweet'.

And there's someone who i met at this jobsearching group thing and i was talking with a guy at lunchbreak and then on IM one time, he told me how nice it was to have talked to me then and he's always saying i'm beautiful LOL