Nicest things people have said to you..

kuhtreen

A few days ago I was getting coffee at the cafe in Barnes and Noble and the guy who made my drink said, "I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you are stunning."
It definitely made my night. :)

VioletTears

I forgot one... At my wedding shower my brother who has schizophrenia told me that when he was really sick I was the only person that he didn't feel judged by... That meant a lot to me and made me feel really good.

kuhtreen said:
A few days ago I was getting coffee at the cafe in Barnes and Noble and the guy who made my drink said, "I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you are stunning."

These all made me smile :D

Maybe next time I see a girl I think is stunning or has a nice smile I'll actually tell her so.

RedRibbons

VioletTears said:
I forgot one... At my wedding shower my brother who has schizophrenia told me that when he was really sick I was the only person that he didn't feel judged by... That meant a lot to me and made me feel really good.

Ah that is really sweet. It's good you were there for your brother, and gave him a light through his sickness. :)

Rodox

VioletTears said:
Damn,that is nice :D.

kuhtreen

FakenameMcAlius said:
kuhtreen said:

These all made me smile :D

Maybe next time I see a girl I think is stunning or has a nice smile I'll actually tell her so.

You definitely should! I think compliments (especially from strangers, since they're unbiased) can impact someone a lot more than we think they will. It could be just what that person needed to hear. :)

x000x

VioletTears said:
I agree about the kid thing... With adults I never know if they're genuine.

For me, seeing and hearing my little guy running towards me yelling "mama!" with dancing eyes is the best thing ever.

Also, being told by kids at work that they love me... I work with really high risk preschoolers (CP kids and such). There was a really tough kid last year and one day he said in this tiny voice, "You smell good." and then he said, "I love you." It made me all teary just because... he wasn't one of those kids that just said such things... and he had a really hard life and was so angry at everything... We had a similar child the year before and his mom told me that he had named his teddy bear after me. Things like that make me feel good, because they're genuine, and I know I made a difference for someone else who was hurting...

That's really cool. You're doing a really good thing by helping those kids.

madeup

Coworker: "look at you, you're going to be a CEO someday"

He was laughing when he said it but it felt good nonetheless.

"You seem really smart"
- Last date I went on

"I'm so happy that you have your shit together"
- My dad after telling me that my brother got caught stealing and got evicted from college

This is an awesome game... It's challenging to think of the positive things people have said to me... but it's definitely worth it, I feel great now.

_Brittany_

It definitely made my night. Smile

That's cute! was he hot?

sketchy24

A couple people complement my lips.... physically thats about the only thing I've been complemented on. I even had a guy comment on them saying he wished his wife had lips like mine... which was quite disturbing to say the least since I can only imagine why he said that >.<

The only problem is, on a girl, ya I guess they would look good. On a guy though... eww... they're like... huge fat fish lips that would make angelina jolie jealous.

Reholla

i like this thread!!!!! I kind of have a lot just because i try ON PURPOSE to remember the GOOD & forget the negative... heres some, but i really liked the ones i read too :)

"You would make a good couple with ANY guy, "reholla""
my little cousin saying I was "her favorite cousin" (we have a huge family and its a big compliment)
'' you have a great personality!" (i like these compliments better than, your hair looks good today type thing..)
"i just wanted to let you know how much i appreciate you as a friend and i thank God every day for giving me some one that is just simply amazing"
the ONLY nice thing my critical sister has ever said "I dont know why you dont have a boyfriend.."
my cousin who is completely honest and speaks his mind "well you definitely werent hit with the ugly stick" haha this one just made me laugh..
oh and my therapist saying how "(standing up for your self) is a good quality for a woman to have..."
I keep all these old letters from high school that my friends wrote me. we were really good about encouraging each other, im sure they have some from me, and im so glad we did, because i STILL look at them to this day.

x000x

People posted a lot of nice things about my hair after I posted a pic a few days ago.

Ventrilo

Today i had someone someone i've known online for a while was adding people i know IRL to his facebook to critique them and eventually he added me and i asked him what he thought (i'm not gay...) and he said "you look normal, a bit pale". I don't think i've been told i look normal before which is a nice compliment, and the pale is probably understood by many people here

al1

nice things people have said:

im fun to work with
im beautiful
:D
even when things like this are said its often easier to remember and focus on negative things which have been said :cry:

samyou

That I'm a good speaker (orator) when it comes to public speeches lol :) and that i influence easily peopple when it comes to politics and stuff

Victor

People have told me many time that I can write real good, and also that I'm always so calm and serene. I also get lots of compliments at my local band, for I started to read and play music decently after but one year of training from scratch. I also get compliments for speaking languages without accent, even if I don't know them. And there are my DIY skills that impress somebody every now and then. But who, who the fuck cares, if that can't get me a girlfriend (even ugly) nor a job (even low wage-ish)?

kuhtreen

_Brittany_ said:
It definitely made my night. Smile

That's cute! was he hot?

Nope. Haha.

This is a good thread!
some compliments that I've gotten in the past:
"you're hot"
"you're funny"
"you're really cool"
"I like you more than your brother" I've gotten this from basically everybody that me and my brother both hang out with lol (my brother has a REALLY short temper, and can be annoying at times)

they all make me feel awesome!