New in this forum

ana0989

Hi everyone, this is the first time I write in this forum, I'm not an English- native speaker but I hope you accept me :)

I have social anxiety disorder too, I have always been shy, quiet and introvert, specially at school and out from home. I've always suffered for this condition and I used to ask myself why I was so different to the rest of the children and the people in general, of course never finding a suitable answer.

Anyway, I think the phobia just started when I was about 12, when I started secondary school. It was then when anxiety increased at exaggerated levels and I started avoiding social situations ever since. Everything which involved social contact such as meetings, parties, working in groups and so on, it became a nightmare to me.
I went to several psychologists, but I didin't receive proper help until 2008, when I met a psychologist who worked with cognitive- behavioral therapy. It was just then when I felt understood for the first time. He knew the problem very well, so I felt confident enough to talk about what I was going through. I was with him for two years, and it helped me a lot to deal with the problem.

Three years later I decided to start with therapy again, since I started feeling really bad again, but this time with another psychologist (the other was out of town). She helped me a lot too, she worked with the same kind of therapy, but this time I just talked more rather than using techniques, since I had already knew everything, as she said. I had a kind of relapse.

Now I'm not in therapy anymore, I'm still struggling with this, it is not easy, I feel like dying at times, but I go on since I have hope and I belive in God.

Thank you very much for reading, I hope we can be friends! sorry if my English is bad, I hope you help me with it too! :giggle:

Regards

April72

Welcome to the forum!
It sounds as you already did a great job. Congratulations!
I hope you will find here, friends you can relate to.

TryAgain

Worry not, there are many non-native English speakers here as well, I'm one of them. More importantly, native speakers won't give you a hard time.

Welcome!

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
hithere.gif
Hiya - oh and, eh, welcome. :thumbup:

MotherWolff

Banned
Hi everyone, this is the first time I write in this forum, I'm not an English- native speaker but I hope you accept me :)

I have social anxiety disorder too, I have always been shy, quiet and introvert, specially at school and out from home. I've always suffered for this condition and I used to ask myself why I was so different to the rest of the children and the people in general, of course never finding a suitable answer.

Anyway, I think the phobia just started when I was about 12, when I started secondary school. It was then when anxiety increased at exaggerated levels and I started avoiding social situations ever since. Everything which involved social contact such as meetings, parties, working in groups and so on, it became a nightmare to me.
I went to several psychologists, but I didin't receive proper help until 2008, when I met a psychologist who worked with cognitive- behavioral therapy. It was just then when I felt understood for the first time. He knew the problem very well, so I felt confident enough to talk about what I was going through. I was with him for two years, and it helped me a lot to deal with the problem.

Three years later I decided to start with therapy again, since I started feeling really bad again, but this time with another psychologist (the other was out of town). She helped me a lot too, she worked with the same kind of therapy, but this time I just talked more rather than using techniques, since I had already knew everything, as she said. I had a kind of relapse.

Now I'm not in therapy anymore, I'm still struggling with this, it is not easy, I feel like dying at times, but I go on since I have hope and I belive in God.

Thank you very much for reading, I hope we can be friends! sorry if my English is bad, I hope you help me with it too! :giggle:

Regards

welcomedog.jpg