Need your opinion

Amitush123

Hello,

I apologize for advance for seeking your help, many people need help more than me, but I am too self - centered not to ask your opinion..
I've always been shy, introvent and quiet, but did what I can to fight it and to be not entirely anti - social.
However, recently I gave up. I feel tired, exausted, rejected from this world. I have 40 facebook friends, half are family. I've conducted a test and remained hours at a time online to see who will send me a msg...no one did for more than a week.
Everytime I see friends together or bf and gf I become bitter, angry, full of desire to hurt others or myself. I've alwys swinged between happiness and depression rapidly, but it intensified over the last few weeks.
I am currently waiting for an explosion to happen.

Do you think I should seek help?

Amitush123

If you want to... Though, it wouldnae hurt, would it? Seeking help. Sorry, am totally sh*te when it comes tae givin' advice.

Though, ah can definitely relate to how you've been feelin' lately, with the being between happiness and depression. Seems yer going through a difficult time, right now.

Not too sure on the whole introvert but not anti-social bit, though. Still tryin' figure that out maself. Anyway, hope ye feel better soon, mate. :thumbup:

Don't let yer whole issue with Facebook bother ye too much, though. In the long terms it's no worth dwellin' on too much, eh? :idontknow:

You're right, although the ophoria - depression swing has always been there..
And depression aside...God save the (mighty) Beard!

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
If you want to... Though, it wouldnae hurt, would it? Seeking help. Sorry, am totally sh*te when it comes tae givin' advice.

Though, ah can definitely relate to how you've been feelin' lately, with the being between happiness and depression. Seems yer going through a difficult time, right now. Don't let yer whole issue with Facebook bother ye too much, though. In the long terms it's no worth dwellin' on too much, eh? :idontknow:

Not too sure on the whole introvert but not anti-social bit, though. Still tryin' figure that out maself. Anyway, hope ye feel better soon, mate. :thumbup:

jaim38

You are not alone. I have less than 15 "friends" on FB, some of whom are just family members. Try not to spend so much time on FB. Life happens outside of FB.
If you need anyone to talk to, there's always forums like this. And there's also free hotlines that you can call many of which are sponsored by the government and nonprofits. You can google them.

I think you should talk to someone who you trust then seek help if you think its beneficial...believe me facebook is the worst thing that ever existed in my opinion, ive had it since 2008 and decided its time to delete it ive been 3 days without facebook now and ive noticed I am not getting rapid mood changes....it made me jealous, my friends posting pictures of themselves all together having a few drinks without me...indidnt even get an invite and my jealousy and obbession increased dramatically over who commented on my partners wall...whos so and so I always asked and hed say a girl from school, my aunty, it just got too much for me..I see the difference already I think im alot happier...so heres my advice to you get all the contact details from the people that matter and delete facebook best thing I have ever done so far....

Yarrow

I think you need to reassess how you're gauging people's care in you and your friendships. People who have others clamoring for their attention every time they so much as come online are typically social butterflies who give a significant amount of attention to others, too.

Amitush123

Thank you all for your replies.
I'm not really troubled with the facebook thingy, but when I'm in the mood to get angry, every little thing makes me want to become the Incredible Hulk and SMASH!

MikeyC

Mate, if you feel it's time to seek help, do it. You would know more than us if you're starting to slip and you need a helping hand. It does sound like you're not having a very good time with things, though.

Try not to spend so much time on FB.
A simple sentiment, but it does work. It can be difficult to do if you're after contact.

Amitush123

Mate, if you feel it's time to seek help, do it. You would know more than us if you're starting to slip and you need a helping hand. It does sound like you're not having a very good time with things, though.

A simple sentiment, but it does work. It can be difficult to do if you're after contact.

Thanks, Mikey, wise words indeed.