need female opinions on giving gifts

¯\(º_o)/¯

So the girl I like, she like getting flowers. Says its an old fasioned tradition that you just don't see that often.
Also in the old traditions, each flower has its own meaning, and the bouquet is like a mini story or a message.
So I found the perfect bouquet for this girl. Only problem is I can not find the most important flower for the bouquet.

I am a fairly decent artist and do own drawings pretty well.

Sony question is, would it loose its meaning if I was to draw the bouquet and frame it and give it to her that way?

In the past I have wanted things, and later received gifts that were not what I wanted but close, (1 ex. Wanted a guitar, revived a toy guitar) and really sorta made me upset.

So would it be bad to make a drawing?

I know I put female oppinions, but guys can chime in as well, females will have a good understanding how she would feel

BiWinning

I think that'd be sweet :D
It's creative too, and you're remembering she likes flowers!
So if you're a good artist, go for it killer ;)

mmmm

When you give a girl flowers, you give a girl flowers. Full stop. When you give her a drawing that you created with your own two hands, now that's something really special. I would much rather receive a drawing that someone has spent time on than something he bought at a florist. I don't think the gesture would lose meaning at all. In fact, the meaning will be greater.

P.S. This only applies if the girl likes you back. If she doesn't, well, I would find it a bit off-putting.

Just a little story of my own. I always love receiving presents, no matter what they are. I love the gesture. However, there is one exception. The worst present I ever received was from this guy who thought it would be a good idea to show me he was fond of me by giving me (for my 18th, mind you) a 3 hour long video tape of himself playing video games. You did not misread. His affection died shortly after when, on the Monday after that weekend, my vague smiles and thank yous could not hide the fact that I had not watched the thing. Apparently this makes me a dreadful person. After all, he spent hours playing video games just to make me happy.

Apersonalan

Something more sentimental or with meaning will do just fine you just need to make it about her because that's what she really wants the most for example don't get her a bowling ball if your into bowling or anything you would want etc and besides the whole flower thing is over done anyway.

The answer is pretty obvious did you really have to know or are you just trying to show all the females your soft side? .p

¯\(º_o)/¯

When you give a girl flowers, you give a girl flowers. Full stop. When you give her a drawing that you created with your own two hands, now that's something really special. I would much rather receive a drawing that someone has spent time on than something he bought at a florist. I don't think the gesture would lose meaning at all. In fact, the meaning will be greater.

P.S. This only applies if the girl likes you back. If she doesn't, well, I would find it a bit off-putting.
Honestly, I couldn't tell ya how she feels about me, I know.she used to like me alot, but now days seems to have something against me. She's still nice to me and we still talk, but there are these times where its seems she is glaring at me and seems to utter dispies me

Main reason id like to do this is to show her she means something to me, not really trying to get her he to fall for me. Kinda to do something nice for her I guess

Something more sentimental or with meaning will do just fine you just need to make it about her because that's what she really wants the most for example don't get her a bowling ball if your into bowling or anything you would want etc and besides the whole flower thing is over done anyway.

The answer is pretty obvious did you really have to know or are you just trying to show all the females your soft side? .p
Weather its over done or not that is the thing she like, so you completely missed the point. Anybody could do something creative for somebody at random and hope its something the other person likes, where as I know she likes to receive flowers and never gets any, she would really like to get some. But since its flowers she want, it could be a bad thing to give her something that isn't really flowers kinda fake flowers

awkwardamanda

Just a little story of my own. I always love receiving presents, no matter what they are. I love the gesture. However, there is one exception. The worst present I ever received was from this guy who thought it would be a good idea to show me he was fond of me by giving me (for my 18th, mind you) a 3 hour long video tape of himself playing video games. You did not misread. His affection died shortly after when, on the Monday after that weekend, my vague smiles and thank yous could not hide the fact that I had not watched the thing. Apparently this makes me a dreadful person. After all, he spent hours playing video games just to make me happy.

Wooooow. o_0 Why would he think that watching him play video games for 3 hours would make you happy? Do you like video games? Even if so, I can't see how that would be entertaining. Making a video for someone that's sweet and thoughtful is one thing, but that's just pointless. Might as well have been a video of him doing chores or just sleeping.

Last edited:

mmmm

Honestly, I couldn't tell ya how she feels about me, I know.she used to like me alot, but now days seems to have something against me. She's still nice to me and we still talk, but there are these times where its seems she is glaring at me and seems to utter dispies me

Main reason id like to do this is to show her she means something to me, not really trying to get her he to fall for me. Kinda to do something nice for her I guess

I'd go for it. Say something silly like "I wanted to give you flowers that would last."

mmmm

Wooooow. o_0 Why would he think that watching him play video games for 3 hours would make you happy? Do you like video games? Even if so, I can't see how that would be entertaining. Making a video for someone that's sweet and thoughtful is one thing, but that's just pointless. Might as well have been a video of him doing chores or just sleeping.

No, I don't like video games. He liked them and wanted to show me what I was missing. It wasn't even "of him." It was just VCR taping taping the game.HAHA.

awkwardamanda

No, I don't like video games. He liked them and wanted to show me what I was missing. It wasn't even "of him." It was just VCR taping taping the game.HAHA.

Omg, that's even funnier. (And not a good sort of funny.) I thought maybe the camera was aimed at him so that you could have a video of him, or maybe the camera was behind or off to the side so that you could see him and the screen. But, THAT is just plain ridiculous.

MaliceInWickedland

Personally I think that's very sweet and thoughtful. Hell, if a guy would do that for me I'd definitely give him a chance. I feel that it's hard to come across guys like you who are thoughtful and actually make the effort to show the girl that they care and put a lot of thought into making them happy. I say you go for it! :)

I think it would be great. Flowers die, but she can keep your framed drawing forever. Plus it's something you spent a lot of your personal time on, which should impress her.