My sister stole from me... again...

Forgotten-Children

OK.. I'm never lending money to my sister again because she STOLE over $200 dollars from me so now I'm $418 dollars in the hole! What happened was yesterday she asked for 20 bucks for gas money so her friends and her could drive somewhere and then she'd pay me back today plus covering the over-charge fee. Instead I find myself even more in debt than I was before...

She hasn't come home yet (dunno if she'll come home at all tonight because she isn't answering her phone. I think she knows she's in deep sh*t. And she's the legal adult age in my state; 17 so she can go to jail if she gets caught. I mean... I really don't want to be the one responsible to be the one to put her in jail because she's my litttle sister and all... but... She still stole ALOT from me. If she doesn't give me her entire last paycheck, MY paycheck is going strait to the bank and then I'll be at square 1 with not a single dent in my original debt...

This whole situation just sucks.. I just can't believe she would do something like this..

I already called and filed that my card was stolen, but the thing is, I dunno if they'll refund the money because my sister is most likely going to say that I lent her 20 bucks to save her ass so I'll be the one in trouble because I lent her money I didn't have. (Which was stupid of me, but I just thought and hoped that she would pay me back today but she didn't)

Pfft... She's probably out partying somewhere with her friends, drinking boose and doing pot/smoking (yeah, she smokes).

Sorry but I just needed to vent somewhere. *rages*

mismeek

if you filed the card as stolen..why would they talk to you sister? What my bank does it just shut the card off and reimburse my money(only up to 1500).. they dont try to hunt down the thief.

*hugs* I'm very sorry.. My sister steals from me also.. but shes not dumb enough to steal that much. She knows I dont play. :p

Forgotten-Children

if you filed the card as stolen..why would they talk to you sister? What my bank does it just shut the card off and reimburse my money(only up to 1500).. they dont try to hunt down the thief.

*hugs* I'm very sorry.. My sister steals from me also.. but shes not dumb enough to steal that much. She knows I dont play. :p

I dunno. It's just if they ever did, it could raise problems if my sister tried to weasle her way out like she always tries to do. She's very cunning... in a bad way.

*hugs back* I think she knows that I'm easy to push around because if she pushes me enough I'll end up doing anything she wants... Which is true. I've never been assertive to anyone which needs to change fast.

My parents are talking about filing a restraining order on her because my sis has a very bad history of stealing from the family. If she isn't put in jail, atleast she'll be able to stay with her boyfriend or friends.

mismeek

a restraining order?! Just kick her ass out and change the locks. Thats what we had to do with my sister (shes 20 now) It was rough in the beginning but she has grew up and changed ALOT. Shes so much more responsible and she really values the money she makes. you sister sounds like mine- spoiled and I think its time to give her a reality check.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh... but I HATE people who take advantage of nice people RAWR!

Forgotten-Children

a restraining order?! Just kick her ass out and change the locks. Thats what we had to do with my sister (shes 20 now) It was rough in the beginning but she has grew up and changed ALOT. Shes so much more responsible and she really values the money she makes. you sister sounds like mine- spoiled and I think its time to give her a reality check.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh... but I HATE people who take advantage of nice people RAWR!

That's the thing... My parents already kicked her out multiple times before but she keeps coming back saying that she'll follow the rules.

Forgotten-Children

your parents are softies too? :p

I would like to say no because for the way that they act but my sister acts so cool and calm when they blow they're tops. If I were to get in trouble and they blew they're tops at my, I'd just quiver in fear.

I guess they just don't know what to do with her because she acts differently than me and my brother.

mismeek

I dont think she needs any more chances.. shes obviously not remorseful. I think she might be doing that because she knows she can. Your parent should just cut her off..no more chances. no matter how much she crys and begs.

Forgotten-Children

I dont think she needs any more chances.. shes obviously not remorseful. I think she might be doing that because she knows she can. Your parent should just cut her off..no more chances. no matter how much she crys and begs.

She doesn't even cry about it atleast from what I've seen the last few times she was kicked out. :/ I don't know what's with her...

mismeek

*pats* goodluck! it was a nightmare living with my sister, my anxiety was thru the roof. i was so relieved when she got kicked out. I hope your parents figure something out.

maybe a lobotomy? :p

MaliceInWickedland

It's things like these that make me glad I'm an only child. Although I have been chipped out of my money by my cousin who lived with us for a while after her parents went on vacation and asked us to watch her. One day I signed on to my bank account and saw a strange transaction I didn't remember paying for. It said "Gaia Online - October Monthly Collectible" or something along the lines of that with a lovely $250 next to it. I don't have nor ever had an account on this so called "Gaia Online" so that pretty much left my cousin as the culprit.

Note to Self: don't allow your computer nerd cousin to use your computer without first locking your payment card in a vault...

Forgotten-Children

It's things like these that make me glad I'm an only child. Although I have been chipped out of my money by my cousin who lived with us for a while after her parents went on vacation and asked us to watch her. One day I signed on to my bank account and saw a strange transaction I didn't remember paying for. It said "Gaia Online - October Monthly Collectible" or something along the lines of that with a lovely $250 next to it. I don't have nor ever had an account on this so called "Gaia Online" so that pretty much left my cousin as the culprit.

Note to Self: don't allow your computer nerd cousin to use your computer without first locking your payment card in a vault...

Oh god.. Gaia online? My sister has an account there.

Yeah. I kinda gave her my card without going with her which was really stupid of me so I'm going to get a new card.

MaliceInWickedland

Oh god.. Gaia online? My sister has an account there.

Yeah. I kinda gave her my card without going with her which was really stupid of me so I'm going to get a new card.

Well as long as she didn't use your card to buy $250 worth of nonsense, then you should be good to go ::p:

I'm checking out the site right now that I remembered that incident and I finally found out what a "monthly collectible" is. So it's basically an item you put on your avatar for the site? Wow, now I'm even more infuriated with my cousin. Here I was, thinking she used my money to buy merch from the site that you could wear like a hat or something considering the name "collectible", but no, it's a stupid item made of pixels - something you can't have in real life! I really don't see the point in spending money on something like that...