My secret addiction...

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
In my free time I like watching the NBC comedies, I think it's been a while since parks and recreation has failed to make me laugh ::p: Also 2 Broke Girls and The New Girl keep me entertained as well.

I've never watched any of those shows episodes more than once though, so they really haven't earned their dues yet. The shows I can watch reruns of over and over again are Friends (first and foremost), Scrubs, House, How I Met Your Mother,and old episodes of Degrassi ::eek::. You could probab;y throw Spin City, NCIS, SUV, and Seinfield in there too if you wanted, but they come second ;).

tenuous~hold

i love big bang theory, too. bunch of loveable geeks. otherwise i can't stand most sitcoms since they seem to target a crowd i don't belong to.

i like survivor - yep & i'll even admit it. something is really fun about peeking into the whole human interaction thing. btw, there's a geeky kid on there who would fit right into big bang.

i used to love conan, before he left the network (dam* it, jay). i should fine more ways to watch him online, but it's just not as easy late at night.

i watch jimmy fallon now, which is pretty enjoyable.

i like some heavy dramas, but can't watch many cop or hospital shows since they're almost a dime a dozen. love some of the british (irish/australian) dramas, too.

i just signed up for netflix again & am currently catching up on all the mad men episodes i've missed over the years.

i guess now i can catch up on breaking bad & all kinds of stuff, huh?

Last edited:
I don't watch much tv but

The first episode of the big bang theory I saw...

Annoyed me. It was just a bunch of badly scripted cliches prancing around in cliche wardrobe with cliche attitudes spouting cliche one-liners in cliche scenarios and frankly I was embarrassed for the writers. Very poor.

However I switched the tv last week and it was on and I have to say, they really turned it ('some' of it-some of it is still embarrassing- overly stereotypical) around. The humor is more subtle and it is actually very funny in places. Now my main gripe with it is the canned laughter- it is whenever anybody says anything, it's nearly every single line....I hate canned laughter.

Now Fraiser!!! There's a show. Re-runs or not-it never gets old. I heart Fraiser.

surreyger

My favourite show! Sheldon is hilarious, but they are all brilliant. Im about half way through season 4 atm, so need to catch up!

Moa

Also 2 Broke Girls and The New Girl keep me entertained as well.

I like that show, I'm a big Zooey fan. :)

The first episode of the big bang theory I saw...

Annoyed me. It was just a bunch of badly scripted cliches prancing around in cliche wardrobe with cliche attitudes spouting cliche one-liners in cliche scenarios and frankly I was embarrassed for the writers. Very poor.

I totally agree with you. I'm a stickler for creativity.

tenuous~hold

My favourite show! Sheldon is hilarious, but they are all brilliant. Im about half way through season 4 atm, so need to catch up!

sheldon is great, for sure.

a geeky friend said that all the stuff that's written into the show - no matter how stereotypical geeky it sounds - is correct. guess the writers do a lot of research, so to me all the science-biology-geeky stuff is endearing & not annoying. & i've seen it off & on from the beginning, & it didn't bug me then either.

Invisibleman

The show that keeps me going is definetely TopGear (British one not the horrible american one). Anytime im super down I just throw in my TopGear DVDs and feel better instantly,funniest show ever in my opinion:)

Moa

The show that keeps me going is definetely TopGear (British one not the horrible american one). Anytime im super down I just throw in my TopGear DVDs and feel better instantly,funniest show ever in my opinion:)

Love love love Top Gear! Agreed, the American version is just downright awful. They're trying to imitate Clarkson, Hammond, and May... apparently the producers don't understand that it's a person's natural personality that makes them funny, and it can't be replicated.

MoonBoom

Whoever said BBT, Breaking Bad, Conan, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, Parks and Recreation, The Office, Californication, Modern Family, and Weeds, I agree.