my mind is holding me back!!!

Madix

where do I even begin? far as I can remember, I've always been a quiet person. since my childhood times. but ive managed away to meet people and keep some friends, and have some relationships. the problem at hand is that I can't communicate with them. for some reason, I can never come up with anything to say. and usually when I do, it comes out maybe 2 or 3 sentences long, very brief and meaningless. so i sit back and watch everyone else talk, while my dumb head sits in absolute silence, for some reason i cant have anything intellegent to say, like i never payed any attention to anything that happened my whole entire life...so what do I have to do? re-learn everything again? idk. its just getting on my last nerves, and cant help any of it, like this is some serious mental problem and its been getting worse as the years go by, like my brain turning into a pile of goop, for god sakes, I cant even talk to myself and make it work. seriously what has been wrong with me my whole life?? i had a doctor tell me I have ADHD. but idk. i just feel like my mind processes information very slowly. and it really sucks on my part. :confused:

StandingJelly

Shoot, you described me entirely :)

I'm glad there is someone alike!

I mean people were just talking about some events that even I should have equally experienced last year. All I can do is nod my head to confirm that it happened. Its very difficult to come up with something smart to say, and on top of that I go on and on about the same topic by just confirming with some adjective.

Its better in a one on one conversation. As I can just ask questions (prepare them?) and the other person does all the talking.

Usually people findout very little about me. Maybe thats another reason why we are lonely people.

fitftw

I don't like the people who tell stories about their lives. Probably because I don't have stories. If I ever have kids, I'll have no stories at all to tell them.

I feel out of place in social situations with people laughing and having a good time. I have to fake a smile and pretend to know what's going on. It's a struggle.

lunaticbinge

I hear you, man. I don't know if you have ADHD or not, but I have kind of the same problem. With ADHD it's not so much that you process slowly, it's just that you're easily distracted by other thoughts and external stimuli.
I think you need to read the bible bra.
What does the bible have to do with anything?:confused:

Madix

Shoot, you described me entirely :)

I'm glad there is someone alike!

I mean people were just talking about some events that even I should have equally experienced last year. All I can do is nod my head to confirm that it happened. Its very difficult to come up with something smart to say, and on top of that I go on and on about the same topic by just confirming with some adjective.

Its better in a one on one conversation. As I can just ask questions (prepare them?) and the other person does all the talking.

Usually people findout very little about me. Maybe thats another reason why we are lonely people.

its good that at least someone feels me :)

but ya know what I mean...its very strange because I have no problem with being around people. or even talking to them...I just cant get the words out right. there reason I've always thought it was ADHD is because I keep forgetting everything lol :eek:

Chriiss

Madix... I get where your coming from. I have issues with being with people but when I do have to speak I know what I have to say but I stutter, mumble and forget what I was about to say.
So what I try to do now especially in work. Is really think about what I'm going to say and try and exaggerate every word.. You look the fool but you get your point across.
There's nothing worse than going to say something and forgetting or just mucking up your entire sentence.