My CHALLENGE 4 u...if u dare

Smurfette

Ok, I know we have social anxieties but what is your BIGGEST fear? Large crowds? One on one conversation? I want u to think about it. Could u stand in a large crowd without having to say a word? Could u stay in a small room with just one other person but had to talk to them?

I want to challenge you to chose what ur biggest fear is and face it. For just ONE minute. So starting 2moro (and I will check up on you) I want u to for just ONE MINUTE or 30 seconds ::p: try it and come back on here and tell me what u did and how it felt. Tell me what thoughts u had and how u came to do it, etc. JUST DO IT! I don't want to be the only one!

Smurfette

OK guys! It's time to tell all! I'll start. I went to the mall today but I couldn't get myself to go alone so I went with a friend (u need at least one of these :p). I made small talk with a cashier. Maybe next time I will do this alone...?

Your turn.

petrified eyes

I didn't call my friend. ::(:

I wrote up a script, made 2 practice calls to my mom but didn't call my friend. I've been trying to for 5 1/2 months now.

Forgotten-Children

... If I tried to face my biggest fears, I'd get killed.

I'm afraid of sharks, snakes, heights (even if it's only like 5 feet off the ground), shots, and very large crouds.

mismeek

... If I tried to face my biggest fears, I'd get killed.

I'm afraid of sharks, snakes, heights (even if it's only like 5 feet off the ground), shots, and very large crouds.

I dont think you'll get killed in a very large crowd.. unless they were an angry crowd

Confuseddd

so i failed.. i didnt get my hair cut... :( again i couldnt bring myself to do it.

I mean i got to the mall went in and they were 10 minutes to closing so i didnt want to walk in and ask "got time for one more"
So tomorows a new day.
i think i can i think i can i think i can!!

Forgotten-Children

I dont think you'll get killed in a very large crowd.. unless they were an angry crowd

Well maybe not by the croud itself, but I've had multiple anxiety attacks by being in a large croud with no one I knew well so I might faint and.. possibly hit my head on something? I dunno, but chances are I won't take the dare. Call me a chicken, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. :/

Smurfette

Arsenalwa, even if you're silent it's ok. As long as u observe maybe it will motivate u to join in.

PetrifiedEyes, there's always tomorrow but the sooner u do it, the easier it will be. We are rooting for ya! Try again 2moro.

Forgotten children, no sharks, snakes or heights to face here...but I do want u to face a crowd. Just even walk through one. From one end of the room to the other. That's it! Do it for all of us who struggle with it. Show us that if u can, we can too.

As for myself, I challenge myself to talk to someone at work that I normally never do. Again, just 30 seconds. That's a pretty long time, but we'll see. The funny thing is, they don't know that they're part of an "experiment" LOL.

Check back on all of u 2moro!! :) All the best luck guys!

Smurfette

Confused, I KNOW u can and u WILL. Can't wait! Forgotten-children, NO pain NO gain, right? Do it for the rest of us. Baby steps. Please? *fluttering her smurfy lashes*

fedupoffear88

Its really surprising that i can do all that, stay in a big crowd, goto the mall, chat with strangers yet there's a sense of fear that is always inside me....its more like a sense of self consciousness.
But here's the most surprising part, recently i had started to look at the world in a whole different way and had trained myself in a way tht i had feeling that i had almost cured my SA...And then my worst fear came, and a physical problem occured that caused everything to crash and burn...and now im in the deepest pit of fear!!! :(:(:(