Music in dreams

Do any of you hear music in your dreams?

The other night I was sleeping and as I was dreaming I made what had to be the best song I had ever heard in my life,the lyrics were great and the music was bliss,a smooth big orchestra,but then I woke up,but the weird thing was I could still hear it for a few moments after had awoke.

And a few weeks back I dreamt I was riding passenger in a car and could hear Mumford and sons and they were playing on the side of the road,and again it was so loud it woke me up,I wish I could have watched them play longer.

You all ever experience this?

When you first awaken your brain may be a little slow in transitioning from your "sleep state" to being awake...sounds like that is what happened to you. Weird that you just posted this because I just posted about something similar to this in the "post your collections" thread. I have hallucinations upon wakening sometimes. My eyes are fully open, but I will see things that are not there, and sometimes hear things. It's called hypnopomic hallucinations and it's fairly common.

That has happened to me before as well,woken up,standing in the middle of the room talking to someone whom is slowly disappearing in front of me,and then I wake up standing in the middle of my room,alone.

I know what you have seen then,it's kind of creepy,but,really cool.

Phoenixx

Yeah I've heard music in dreams before. Also what's weird is sometimes when I dream, the sounds or noises in my dream sound so real, and when I wake I still hear them for a few seconds before it's gone. Nightmares are horrible with this, hearing those sounds even after you wake. D:

Yeah I've heard music in dreams before. Also what's weird is sometimes when I dream, the sounds or noises in my dream sound so real, and when I wake I still hear them for a few seconds before it's gone. Nightmares are horrible with this, hearing those sounds even after you wake. D:

I know what you mean,I heard a loud gunshot in my house once,and wen I got up and looked around everyone said they didn't hear a thing,it made me feel crazy cause I could have swearn it was real.

Phoenixx

I know what you mean,I heard a loud gunshot in my house once,and wen I got up and looked around everyone said they didn't hear a thing,it made me feel crazy cause I could have swearn it was real.
^ Interesting. I've never heard a gunshot in my nightmares before. The worst nightmare I had this year I ended up suddenly waking up to the shrill screaming of a woman. I won't tell you the details of the nightmare since it was very bizarre and frightening, but I was basically ready to jump out of my bed, my face was just sweating, then I went into a panic attack. It was horrible. My nightmares sometimes are so bad, it's like straight out of a really scary horror film. And I don't even watch scary movies.

B

Beatrice

No, but I wonder if anyone here has ever had sexual dreams in which they could actually feel.... stuff..... lol.

chris11

No, but I wonder if anyone here has ever had sexual dreams in which they could actually feel.... stuff..... lol.

I have actually. It's funny because it really illastrates how differently we think when we're dreaming. In real life, I've never been in a relationship.

Tiercel

The last time I remember having music in a dream, I was in high school. I dreamt that I was in a band, playing Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" on a clear acrylic guitar in the gymnasium. There was purple lighting, fog, and I still had long hair.

I guess Ozzfest '99 had that effect on me.

:D

Kiwong

Yes, sometimes I have the most beautiful music playing often with colours and images to go with it. Like others have said I can't remember it when I wake up.

SingleAloneForever

I had this crazy dream a few years back. I think I may have still been in high school, I'm not 100% sure.

Before this particular dream was playing in my head, I was asleep in my bed. I dreamed that I was making out with this gorgeous girl, and when I awoke I was basically trying to sexually penetrate my computer chair.

Now THAT was weird.