most brutal film you've ever seen

Sad-Kitten

I really couldn't speak of just one i have watched plenty of horror and war movies so there's a lot to go through. :lol:

weak

ZiggyCosmicJive

I loved "Old Boy"- one of the best films I saw last year. It's free on demand if anyone has that and wants to see it. And I don't think that movie was especially brutal, but it had it's parts. I'm not one of those people who relishes a really violent movie. If it tells a good enough story and has well developed characters then violence is okay, but violence for violence sake doesn't turn me on. The slow-mo car crash in "Death Proof" was pretty damn brutal. And I never saw the whole thing, but I caught a bit of "Scarface" the other day and it looked super-violent. 8O

durda_dan

mainly the tongue cutting scene in old boy, That makes me cringe. so discusting!

they are re-making or making a sequal or something to oldboy, except not asian
Willsmith... :cry:

ZiggyCosmicJive

durda_dan said:
mainly the tongue cutting scene in old boy, That makes me cringe. so discusting!

they are re-making or making a sequal or something to oldboy, except not asian
Willsmith... :cry:

Really? Any word on a director? Hopefully whoever it is, they don't butcher it, or dumb it down for English audiences. I think there could be better choices for the main character, but Will Smith is a pretty strong actor at his best, and I can picture him in the role. But I have a feeling the father/daughter incest thing will be out. Kudos if they have the balls to keep it.

I know he's busy with other stuff, but my choice to direct it would be Tarantino, he was notably a big fan of "Old Boy", he wanted it to get the Palme d'Or at Cannes, but it lost out to "Fahrenheit 9/11".

durda_dan

actually i think spielburg and willsmith are directing it together....
and i don't think will would be good, because Old dea su was ugly, a lowlife really.
they need like MC hammer to be him

Naniwazu

By far the most violent and disgusting movie I have ever seen (partly, cause I had to switch it off) was the Japanese film 'Men behind the Sun' aka 'Black Sun 731' about Japanese war atrocities. The movie is too graphic: from the actual, real-life feeding of two cats to a bunch of rats and then burning the rats to scenes showing (not real-life!) decompression of bodies and freezing down hands and feet and then stripping the skin to the bones..ok, just writing this is making me sick, probably because this actually happened :cry: :evil:

sleepysparrow

Naniwazu said:
By far the most violent and disgusting movie I have ever seen (partly, cause I had to switch it off) was the Japanese film 'Men behind the Sun' aka 'Black Sun 731' about Japanese war atrocities. The movie is too graphic: from the actual, real-life feeding of two cats to a bunch of rats and then burning the rats to scenes showing (not real-life!) decompression of bodies and freezing down hands and feet and then stripping the skin to the bones..ok, just writing this is making me sick, probably because this actually happened :cry: :evil:

OH MY GOD, I couldn't even get through that movie, that is definately the most brutal movie i've ever seen, even more so because it's based on real life.

weak

Naniwazu said:

yeah unfortunately they made a grip of sequels to that one.

Other brutal films worthy of mention:

Chaos
Philosophy of a Knife
August Underground series
Salo

dpr

Kenny Glenn beating up his cat on Youtube was the only video I've ever watched that I had to turn off. And some of the factory farming stuff on there.

Not really "movies" though.

I guess some parts of "Boys Don't Cry" were pretty terrible. The true stories are always worse for me. Those scenes stuck in my mind. That's the only one I can think of right now.

littl3misstrange

when i first saw 'a clockwork orange' i thought that was pretty brutal/shocking.
so was the original 1972 version of 'last house on the left.'

dpr

when i first saw 'a clockwork orange' i thought that was pretty brutal/shocking.
so was the original 1972 version of 'last house on the left.'

Oh yeah! Clockwork Orange is pretty awful actually. Still a good movie and a really good book, but parts of it are really disturbing.

recluse

Wizard Oz......The flying monkeys are disturbing and the part where the witch melts after getting water thrown at her was disturbing....Ha only joking:D

I think one of the most disturbing films i have seen is the Passion of the Christ, the part when he get's whipped and he's torn to shreds is the worst, and i had tears in my eyes watching it.

Artanis

the most brutal film I've ever seen is Dagon (based on an H. P. Lovecraft story)

the scariest movie I've ever seen though is Jesus Camp - utterly terrifying...