Missing

PerseverareJasmine

What do you feel like you are missing in your life? Have you tried to work on getting what you feel like you are missing out on? I can easily think of a few things I feel as though I'm missing, and although some involve aspects that are somewhat out of my control, when I think about it I have to admit I could be doing a better job of trying to make some of the things I want out of life a reality.

Silatuyok

I am missing a close female friend. I have drifted apart from my sisters and best friend due to geographic and lifestyle changes. I would love to have somebody outside of my relationship to feel close to. I haven't really made any steps toward getting this because I'm at a loss as to how to go about it.

I am missing a close female friend. I have drifted apart from my sisters and best friend due to geographic and lifestyle changes. I would love to have somebody outside of my relationship to feel close to. I haven't really made any steps toward getting this because I'm at a loss as to how to go about it.

Same here, minus the relationship.

That is without a doubt the one thing I am missing: at least one real-life really good friend who lives near me.

I've made friends in the past, so I know I can do it, but that was because of primary school. It's much harder in the adult world.

I've made attempts, like going to meetups, asking coworkers out for coffee. But it never turned into something more, and that's the tricky part. It's hard to turn acquaintances into friends, and you can't force it. I've come close a few times but then I moved, or the other person moved, or had to go back to Ireland (a very specific instance, haha). I get nervous asking for anyone's contact information or to go get coffee because I'm afraid they don't like me enough to do that.

OP, you didn't mention what YOU are missing; care to share?

Last edited:

MikeyC

What do you feel like you are missing in your life? Have you tried to work on getting what you feel like you are missing out on? I can easily think of a few things I feel as though I'm missing, and although some involve aspects that are somewhat out of my control, when I think about it I have to admit I could be doing a better job of trying to make some of the things I want out of life a reality.
What are you missing, Jasmine?

It's quite simple for me: a girlfriend. Yeah, another whining male, blah blah, but that's just how it is. I have undertaken steps to get one (eHarmony, plentyoffish), but so far nothing.

Ithior

I'm missing a close friend too I guess. The gender doesn't matter, though I tend to feel more comfortable talking about my problems to girls.

Steiner

I don't even know what is missing I feel like my head is empty yet full of confusion. Though I feel anger because deep inside it feels like everyone has slighted me.

^So this!
I have usually had one close female friend in my past but on the last two occasions, my SA ended up ruining both after a few years. The only place I can possibly find a new one would be if I could get a job :(

Alejandra15

I'm missing a close friend one that can actually relate to me in ways, I had one but I came back to the U.S. and she's in Mexico, yeah we could talk on the phone but I never have time and she never has time.:\

PerseverareJasmine

I'm definitely missing the feeling of friendship in my life too. A big reason for it is because I have a tendency of putting walls up, which is something I've been trying to work on for a while. I actually don't mind being alone sometimes to have time to myself, but it would be nice to have a few close friends, or at least one who I can turn to.

I'm definitely missing the feeling of friendship in my life too. A big reason for it is because I have a tendency of putting walls up, which is something I've been trying to work on for a while. I actually don't mind being alone sometimes to have time to myself, but it would be nice to have a few close friends, or at least one who I can turn to.
^exactly :)
It is a case of getting the time alone/time with friends right isn't it? Too much of either is not ideal.

PerseverareJasmine

Same here, minus the relationship.

That is without a doubt the one thing I am missing: at least one real-life really good friend who lives near me.

I've made friends in the past, so I know I can do it, but that was because of primary school. It's much harder in the adult world.

I've made attempts, like going to meetups, asking coworkers out for coffee. But it never turned into something more, and that's the tricky part. It's hard to turn acquaintances into friends, and you can't force it. I've come close a few times but then I moved, or the other person moved, or had to go back to Ireland (a very specific instance, haha). I get nervous asking for anyone's contact information or to go get coffee because I'm afraid they don't like me enough to do that.

OP, you didn't mention what YOU are missing; care to share?

Thanks for replying. I'm missing the feeling of friendship too, and I do agree that its not best to try to force friendships. I'm also missing the feeling that I'm doing something I'm passionate about. I work at a call center and although its necessary for me to work there right now because of financial issues involving my family, its not something I have an interest in and its not exactly a job that is a good fit for me. I try to look at it with a positive attitude, even though its difficult to do that with something you really dislike. I am glad that at least the job is helping me help my family, and I'm just trying to tolerate it until I can possibly get out of it.

PerseverareJasmine

I don't even know what is missing I feel like my head is empty yet full of confusion. Though I feel anger because deep inside it feels like everyone has slighted me.

Kind of like the feeling that people intentionally ignore you or look over you and don't give you a chance? I've been there before, and the feeling definitely sucks.

PerseverareJasmine

I'm missing a close friend too I guess. The gender doesn't matter, though I tend to feel more comfortable talking about my problems to girls.

I also don't have much of a preference when it comes to the gender of my friends. As long as I feel comfortable around him/her and can trust them.

PerseverareJasmine

What are you missing, Jasmine?

It's quite simple for me: a girlfriend. Yeah, another whining male, blah blah, but that's just how it is. I have undertaken steps to get one (eHarmony, plentyoffish), but so far nothing.

I'm missing the feeling of friendship mostly, and the feeling that I'm doing something worthwhile with my life. I can understand the feeling of wanting to be in a relationship. I've never had a boyfriend and while I know that I'm still young, I admit it would be nice to have someone who I can share things with, talk to, not feel alone with, feel special around, etc, though I'm not exactly looking forward to the drama that can come with being in a relationship haha. I guess it comes down to taking the good with the bad when it comes to relationships.

MikeyC

I'm missing the feeling of friendship mostly, and the feeling that I'm doing something worthwhile with my life. I can understand the feeling of wanting to be in a relationship. I've never had a boyfriend and while I know that I'm still young, I admit it would be nice to have someone who I can share things with, talk to, not feel alone with, feel special around, etc, though I'm not exactly looking forward to the drama that can come with being in a relationship haha. I guess it comes down to taking the good with the bad when it comes to relationships.
Relationships are a give-and-take affair, but the good should far outweigh the bad, otherwise you're in a bad relationship.

I hope you get to find a friend and a nice man soon. :)

PerseverareJasmine

Relationships are a give-and-take affair, but the good should far outweigh the bad, otherwise you're in a bad relationship.

I hope you get to find a friend and a nice man soon. :)

You're right, and I'd be willing to deal with the bad to get to experience what good can come out of being in a relationship. Thanks, and I hope you find someone who's right for you too :).

MikeyC

You're right, and I'd be willing to deal with the bad to get to experience what good can come out of being in a relationship. Thanks, and I hope you find someone who's right for you too :).
The good in a relationship is great: having someone who loves you and cares about you in a way nobody else can, and you feeling the same about them. It's quite a magical feeling, and I can't wait to feel that again. You will feel it, so give it time. :)

Kiwong

Why is that ?

My family home was sold and bulldozed 30 years ago. It's the only place I ever called home. The north coast is somewhere I live not a home. I feel the need to create a place I live that gives me that sense of home.