Mini messenger

Bittersweet

95% of the time, the site messenger doesn't work for me. It shows a yellow caution triangle. Even when I log back in and refresh the page.

The rare times the messenger works, I find several messages from people, but I am unable to either read them or respond.

I'd like to fix this if possible. To those who have messaged me, I haven't ignored anyone, I'm just unable to reply.

Remus

Staff member
Yeah it's cack, different browsers work better with it. Firefox works best for me

MollyBeGood

I can't use the new firefox on my 64 bit system. I hated to switch to Chrome but now I am integrated, they will probably fix it soon but it's been 5 months with no repairs for me :(

MollyBeGood

hmm is it worth it? it's a lot of money to throw at an OS. This laptop came w/Vista. anyways,

i have already gave to much $ to Bill Gates, it troubles me....

Remus

Staff member
Yup, sell a kidney ;)

I got a lappy with vista and ended up putting my old Windows XP on it for a while, then got 7

MollyBeGood

LoL no thanks ::p:

I am not changing OS cuz last time I did that my desktop blew up. I had major XP issues. so far Vista has been OK, and i don't want to switch. Can't make me! lol :D

maybe if I can get it for free...maybe then.

LoL no thanks ::p:

I am not changing OS cuz last time I did that my desktop blew up. I had major XP issues. so far Vista has been OK, and i don't want to switch. Can't make me! lol :D

maybe if I can get it for free...maybe then.

Ubuntuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

MollyBeGood

yeahaaa freeware! do you use it/like it phocas?

I wish I was brave enough to go that route, but I am not as of yet. My old desktop a friend sold me had a divided drive I think it was called... so he ran windows and Ubuntu side by side. I managed to fry it with XP upgrade issues from Hell.
Wish I would have been able to use it. I got so frustrated I just bit the bullet and got this Dell studio w/Vista.

Nanita

Usually I can´t use the minimessenger either.. But then I tried with Google Chrome and it worked.

I wish I was brave enough to go that route, but I am not as of yet. My old desktop a friend sold me had a divided drive I think it was called... so he ran windows and Ubuntu side by side. I managed to fry it with XP upgrade issues from Hell.
Wish I would have been able to use it. I got so frustrated I just bit the bullet and got this Dell studio w/Vista.

We've used it in class and I use a live disk at home sometimes, I quite like it. I might install it on something at home soon.

Dark_Angel

Linux rox ^^ even if right now i'm writing from win vista =\ but i wanna change it to win 7 the ice version , they said that its so cool , and btw there are other ways to get the OS for free even windows =P but maybe can't be told in public or admins will be mad but anyways its always a mess to save everything and format and change OS but it can be worth many times

Lanciao37

That thing doesnt work for me either. I can see people sending me messages as theres a message banner flashing, But I cant read them because I dont have the thing to click on!

PM me instead.

AGR

How do you turn off the mini messanger,I put that I am offline,yet people still send me messages.

MrJones

How do you turn off the mini messanger,I put that I am offline,yet people still send me messages.
I don't know how to turn it off, but if you're offline and you still receive messages the only thing I can say is that you can disable the sound (better than nothing :p).

This is what happens when you're famous :D

AGR

I don't know how to turn it off, but if you're offline and you still receive messages the only thing I can say is that you can disable the sound (better than nothing :p).

This is what happens when you're famous :D

Or maybe I just dont know how this thing works.

Click the options tab to the right of the mini-messenger tab, and choose the "invisible" option. I'm pretty sure your name will be gone after that.

Thanks,its nothing against anyone,I just dont like real time messanger.