Memories that make you happy

MentalyBlind

list things or a story that made you really happy and glad to be alive, one moment in your life where you felt at peace with everything, even if it's just thinking about things that make you joyful :)

the thing that makes me the most happy is running in the woods for a workout and caring for my plants, I study Carnivorous plant life as a hobby.

MikeyC

My trip to New Zealand not too long ago reaffirmed that there are still good people in this world. That's a memory I'll keep with me forever. :)

Feeling_Nothing

To be honest whenever I think of happy memories I just feel bad, I miss "those" days or "that" person. So I try not to think of them at all.

EscapeArtist

Yeah I have the same problem Feeling_Nothing, that's why this thread is succchh a great idea.. I didn't even realize realize memories should be appreciated and not compared and missed.

Going on a bike ride through the farmlands makes me feel at peace
In 7th grade at camp, boy, that was one of the best times of my life!!! Had a close group of friends, bestie, a beautiful place, activities and the community of school, kayaking in a beautiful pennisula with friends, hot chocolate, camp fire, the 2 hour canoe trip, playing games in the forest, decided to take on the challenge of tightroping (with harness) way up high in the trees...Aaaaaahhhhh.. I remember being so upset that I had to come home. Can't wait to have an experience like that one again

Srijita52

I had two best friends in middle school. We used to have lots of fun together, laughed all the time. When I think of them it always makes me smile.

MentalyBlind

Thats the reason why I created this thread, For everyone to relive there happy memories an feel something that they have forgotten, that one thing im useing to break out of my sad crappy world i use to live in. I hated being upset and depressed everyday so I started to look at the good times...the days before all this sadness. I look at it as a sickness and you have to get better one way or another.

AGR

Pizza, that make me very happy :D

Jez thinking about it I dont have many,to be with my mother,my aunt,father,to be in love,those are the tops,dont really have any specific story,sorry.

Iluv

I had this friend once upon a time. In fact, she was my bestfriend. Her name was Veronica.
Happy memory ended.

Last edited:

YellowBird

my memories make me cry,hell i started reading your posts and your memories made me cry too,it's so precious the life people are having and not realising it at all.

Hoppy

I was once asked by a therapist to think of a happy memory and I couldn't think of one. That was 20 years ago, and I still can't. All the things that I did that I enjoyed I ended regretting due to the family messing it up. And the one's they didn't mess up I had to keep a secret, so that stresses me out.

WeirdyMcGee

I've been working on this for a couple years... my therapists always ask me to make lists but it's hard to think of things.

Here's what I've come up with:
- childhood camping trips
- napping with my kittens, feeding them from syringes, bathing them
- receiving an award
- teaching little brother how to swim
- my first; and extremely awkward, cold kiss in the snow
- first road trip in our first car complete with shoestring windshield wiper because the wiper motor was broken
- meeting one of my role models
- first time in a sound booth, auditioning
- receiving an award... a different one for the same thing, just 8 years later

hidwell

I've been working on this for a couple years... my therapists always ask me to make lists but it's hard to think of things.

Here's what I've come up with:
- childhood camping trips
- napping with my kittens, feeding them from syringes, bathing them
- receiving an award
- teaching little brother how to swim
- my first; and extremely awkward, cold kiss in the snow
- first road trip in our first car complete with shoestring windshield wiper because the wiper motor was broken
- meeting one of my role models
- first time in a sound booth, auditioning
- receiving an award... a different one for the same thing, just 8 years later

Nice one Weirdy :)