Memoirs of the Unfathomable Soul

Eristelle

I've seen quite a lot of people post journals on here and I've been contemplating whether or not I should make one. :p

It's like most of the journals were made to record their progress as they continue to try to break free from their social anxiety. They're also just to discuss their days and such...

Well, I've decided to try this out and see if it helps. Maybe someone will read and respond my posts, maybe not.

I'm not sure if i'll ever make any progress or if i post anything interesting, considering I'm a complete shut in.... So, on to the first entry. :D

... And this was entry zero. xD

Eristelle

So today was quite irritating.

I woke up 1 in the afternoon again, which is starting to get on my nerves. I really should go to bed earlier, but my body clock is out of whack and it's difficult to get it back on track. Today was a typical day though. My mother working and coming home just to yell at me and leave again is becoming the usual now. She's been impossible to deal with ever since my father decided he wanted to separate a couple months after his back finally recovered and going back to work. While I understand she's hurt by this, it's been three months now since he moved out. It's been 9 months now since he declared that he wanted to separate. Why must she take out her stress and frustration on me? Now that our sole provider is gone she's the one who has to take care of everything now. I know that can be very stressful, and I feel horrible for being so useless to her, but I can't take having my opinions silenced because of her stress anymore. If I say anything to her that has a price tag on it, she rages and yells at me because money is a major, major issue right now. Yet, I never said we should purchase anything. I just like to talk about technology and such. She always assumes I want to buy everything. Well, aside from that she also yells at me over Pointless things! Like today, she got angry with me for having no idea what to have for dinner. And then there was the kitchen. I miss one day of cleaning it I get slammed. It's understandable that I must do my chores but honestly I was going to clean it.. I guess I was a bit too late. She even yells at me for things that wasn't even my fault. For example, thanksgiving shopping. She was out all night on the day before Thanksgiving when we agreed to go shopping for the huge dinner we always have. While my sister and I were dressed and waited for hours for her to get home she finally comes home drunk. Then she tells us to go shopping on our own... I get a bit angry because not only was she seriously late, it was almost 11 at night, but because she whines about being tired and makes us go, knowing we buy a crap load of things and my older sister is still recovering from a surgery so she cannot lift heavy things. It takes more than myself, and her in her condition to carry all those groceries and yet all my mother cares about is herself. How did she manage to blame us for her being late and going out for drinks and coming home drunk is beyond me. She was the one who planned this shopping trip and this dinner. If she was truly tired, why not tell us in advance instead of keeping us waiting for hours? Why not come home earlier and rest? If she told us to go on our own in advance I wouldn't of been that angry. It was 11 pm, and wal mart is like 30 minutes away! And my sister is the only one who can drive... She just needs a license. My mom always plays the victim. That is her way of explaining her illogical actions...

I feel like she's becoming far too unstable... This is sad to say, but it's actually motivating me to move out of there... It's even encouraging me to finish school and go to a college far away from this place. I can only hope I can become independent soon, I mean, i'll be 18 next month!

I'm also driven over the edge here. I can't deal with anyone here. My sister has an attitude problem and my moms just plain crazy. The only ones I can deal with are the kittens, and they destroy everything they get their rambunctious paws on. :p

MikeyC

I woke up 1 in the afternoon again, which is starting to get on my nerves. I really should go to bed earlier, but my body clock is out of whack and it's difficult to get it back on track.
Ah, yeah, getting your body clock back to where it's meant to be can take a day or two. You usually don't have fun doing it. ::p:

She was out all night on the day before Thanksgiving when we agreed to go shopping for the huge dinner we always have. While my sister and I were dressed and waited for hours for her to get home she finally comes home drunk. Then she tells us to go shopping on our own... I get a bit angry because not only was she seriously late, it was almost 11 at night, but because she whines about being tired and makes us go
This sounds like your mum is crying for help. Maybe she hasn't taken the divorce well at all. I know she's still got to provide for you and your sister, but emotionally it sounds like she's a wreck. Drinking all night when you're supposed to go shopping with your daughters screams of depression. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I'm getting.

Blabla..

Hey Eristelle , glad that you decided to make a journal !

it's pretty hard for me to read people's journals , those big walls of text are always very challenging , but i find it pretty cool to read other people's stories

all i can say is that , i didn't have a good relation with my dad when i lived with him 10 years ago , our parents are just people , and sometime they might not be as wise as we thought they were when we were kids . I love my family but they are not perfect , some of them i can't stand for very long , it's really hard to live with someone unless you both understand each other pretty good , my dad made some rules that i didn't agree with but i had to deal with it , that's why i moved out at 18 to live the way i wanted , with who i wanted !

Eristelle

I know she has depression. I'm the one who called the Cops when I saw her overdosed on pills and she had a giant deep cut on her wrist. All because my father broke her heart. They've been together for years though. Nowadays my mother claims she's over him and I kind of believe her, but sometimes I feel like if this never happened, she wouldn't be like this. Heck, i'm still a bit hurt by their separation... I'm a late reactor though. When he said he was separating I didn't care. A few months later I finally react with sadness because of the memories of us as a family hitting me in the face.

When you react right then, I shrug it off. When you're not as upset about it anymore, i'm just now coming to terms with what happened and I react like you did months earlier. It's just how I am I guess :p

Eristelle

Well... Today is just down right depressing. And it hasn't even begun yet.

I feel horrible today. I have a bad stomach ache and I just realized once again how I'm wasting my life.
My birthday is next month... I'll be 18. I hate birthdays now. They're nothing but a reminder of how older im getting and how I'm still doing nothing with my life. I'm still a drop out loser, I never leave the house, and I still cannot do simple things like most people can. I guess you can say I woke up like this. Yes, I literally wake up with these horrible thoughts everyday... That's why I sleep a lot of my days away. When I sleep, I think of nothing. Although there are occasional nightmares about the reality I live in. While my sister cries and sobs about not doing something with her life and wanting to go to college, I sit there and I don't cry... I just think about i'm not doing a thing with my life, and I don't care. People wonder why I've stopped caring. They ask how can someone so young give up on life? I just did. I knew I was going to give up after I dropped out.

I'm pathetic. While I rarely set foot outside, my mother and sister go out on weekends to have fun. Well, not recently. My sister is still recovering... But I know when she's better she'll resume her normal life. Everyday I lie in bed all day doing nothing. Even on the dreaded weekends, I sit there alone in the dark, literally the dark. When they leave, I turn off all the lights and I sit there surrounded by its peaceful atmosphere. I usually take a bunch of sleeping medicine and go to sleep. It helps to be tired. The only thing you think about is going to sleep, not the crushing reality of being a useless living thing that sleeps their life away.

I just don't care. About anything. Life, happiness, love, success, whatever i'm supposed to care about so greatly. While I may think about those things, I know they're impossible to do. Yeah I do lock myself in my room blasting loud music while crying hysterically, but no one can hear me... Or know I've been crying. I don't like to talk to them. Why would I do something completely idiotic like cry my eyes out in front of them? If I talk to them, all I ever do is piss them off. There's no one to talk to. No one to listen. So I cry. Cry the hardest I possibly can. Maybe zone out to forget about reality. Then the moment they knock on my door, I dry my tears, blow my nose, and answer nonchalantly. Sure they ask why my door is locked, and why are my eyes red looking, but I lie. Sometimes I lie so blatantly it irritates them.

I'm sorry I lie. I can't tell you I feel like dying, or I feel like you should have aborted me, or how much of a failing, useless, mentally unstable, socially retarded thing I am.

Everything is my fault anyway. That's all they ever say. So why say anything to them? I'd rather lie to them if they're going to tell me every time it's my fault and I choose this and that. Maybe it is my fault. Yet, I can no longer trust my family anymore. I can't trust anyone anymore. So instead of thinking of the stuff I just mentioned, I just day dream away... Hoping I can forget everything, even myself. Escaping reality is horrible, but I don't care. Sometimes I wish I could stay in my dreams, but I know eventually I'll come back to this world. Thinking these thoughts over and over again.

So I force myself to stay imaginative often.

Last edited:
I'm reading it Eristelle. It's good writing but a sad story. As you are the author, you can change it into a happier one though. It doesn't have to be this way forever.
What struck me most so far is you said "my mother always plays victim". Maybe learn from that. Don't choose to be a victim, too. Try not to blame others.
It's really not for me to give any advice to you, because my childhood, family life was 90% happy and cheerful. I was blessed..so lucky.
My smiling pet dog says"Woof Woof"..translated means "Hi. Cheer up!"

Eristelle

I'm reading it Eristelle. It's good writing but a sad story. As you are the author, you can change it into a happier one though. It doesn't have to be this way forever.
What struck me most so far is you said "my mother always plays victim". Maybe learn from that. Don't choose to be a victim, too. Try not to blame others.
It's really not for me to give any advice to you, because my childhood, family life was 90% happy and cheerful. I was blessed..so lucky.
My smiling pet dog says"Woof Woof"..translated means "Hi. Cheer up!"

I try not to be a victim, but seeing how I was raised by her some of the things she does, I do the exact same. Like abusing prescription drugs, self harming, and overall being negative.

I love smiling dogs. It sure beats the vicious ones in my neighborhood. :p

I try not to be a victim, but seeing how I was raised by her some of the things she does, I do the exact same. Like abusing prescription drugs, self harming, and overall being negative.

I love smiling dogs. It sure beats the vicious ones in my neighborhood. :p

the self-harming and abuse of prescription drugs are a concern..getting any professional help for that??

Eristelle

the self-harming and abuse of prescription drugs are a concern..getting any professional help for that??

I did. I had a psychiatrist and a psychologist, but my parents stopped taking me to see them due to money issues. I went to a behaviorial place for adolescents and stayed for a week. All of these were pretty pointless though.

I haven't harmed myself in months and there are no medicines of any kind to abuse so I'm pretty safe.

Eristelle

2 am counts as the next day, right? I don't know. This is just a mini entry. I don't have much to say right now because it's late and i'm tired.

It's funny how you can call a person "pretty" but the others are always "beautiful" and "gorgeous". That's what bothers me a lot. Am I just average? Maybe I am the ugliest, most unattractive person ever. :p perhaps that's unrealistic... But it's how i'll always feel. That's how its always been though. My sister: beautiful. My other sister: sexy. My brother: sexy. Me: pretty/good/"I like your shirt" -_-

I'd rather you just call me ugly. Don't play the avoid my looks game and comment on what I'm wearing or even better: the pigeon behind me. I am ugly. Don't lie to me out of pity. I'll always be that girl who you'll never really care about. The one you'll always refer to as little sister or "some person".

And no. I'm not saying people complimenting my shirt or hat are trying to avoid saying something about my looks. It's when I make a comment about my looks then they do "the shirt compliment".

I don't know... It just really bothers me. Then again, even if some do say I'm beautiful, I don't believe then anyway. It's a lost cause. :p

Last edited:

Anomaly

I'd rather you just call me ugly. Don't play the avoid my looks game and comment on what I'm wearing or even better: the pigeon behind me. I am ugly. Don't lie to me out of pity. I'll always be that girl who you'll never really care about. The one you'll always refer to as little sister or "some person".

Looks don't always have to matter. Am I a sexual interest when I speak to other males? No (or perhaps mostly no)? Then why should my looks matter?

This isn't a cue for me to flaunt myself, and I'm not even suggesting that you ought to 'accept' yourself; rather, I'm suggesting that if looks are integral to any analysis of you as a person, then the problem does not lie with you. There is biology involved in this, true, but the human willpower can negate much of this.

Why conclude on "ugly" rather than "not applicable" or "not attractive to me, but that's okay"?

Last edited:

Eristelle

Looks don't always have to matter. Am I a sexual interest when I speak to other males? No (or perhaps mostly no)? Then why should my looks matter?

This isn't a cue for me to flaunt myself, and I'm not even suggesting that you ought to 'accept' yourself; rather, I'm suggesting that if looks are integral to any analysis of you as a person, then the problem does not lie with you. There is biology involved in this, true, but the human willpower can negate much of this.

Why conclude on "ugly" rather than "not applicable" or "not attractive to me, but that's okay"?

Sometimes I just feel like people really do think i'm ugly. No looks do not determine who a person is or how they are. Honestly, I just wish I was as beautiful as my sister. :/ i'm not saying looks always matters, but I guess it's just me who thinks i'm a monster. When you see yourself as beautiful, you have confidence in yourself. When you think you're hideous, you have no confidence whatsoever. Aside from self image and looks, my horrible insecurities and non existent self esteem likely makes me think you must be at least somewhat attractive to even associate with people.

Idk... Maybe it's easier to think i'm simply unattractive than "not applicable."