meeting fans

dancingintherain

I went to see two Morten Harket concerts this week and I found it really easy to socialize with fans, because you instantly know what to talk about, you have a common interest. I made five friends that day and spoke to some others.. now I miss them
What about you, have you met any fans and found it easy?

WeirdyMcGee

It seems to work out that way at conventions as well.
People get along well automatically because they have common interests- they recognize your shirt logo or a piece of jewelry and break the ice right away.

MikeyC

I sometimes meet heavy metal fans at concerts but have come to realise a lot of them are meatheads so it's best to stay away.

christa

I wish that happened to me!
At the few concerts I've been to on my own, people just look down on me.

alak

I can relate to that. It happened when my friend and I went to the midnight launch of a video game we love. I met other fans of the franchise and it was nice. I opened up and felt a lot less anxious.

Last edited:

this_portrait

Eh, for some reason I have trouble conversing with people at concerts even though it would be so easy to. Maybe it's because most people tend to shout, scream, throw their hands in the air, mosh, dance, and act crazy while I'm the type that does nothing and just watches the show.

wariomona

I've been to a few concerts. No one talks during them though, do they? It's just the waiting inline beforehand...

It's also really confronting to actually talk to people about interests in person because generally no one likes the same things I do. The one time someone has approached me before a concert caused me to freak out. Didn't help that the concert was in Japan, the person couldn't speak English, and all my Japanese skills decided to leave me as soon as the conversation started...