Looking ahead - any New Year's resolutions?

MikeyC

This is me, 120%. My resolution is going to work on having a healthy relationship with food and to not try and eat my emotions. I have been doing A LOT of emotional eating now that I am back home... it's terrible. I don't want to cut out "bad foods" but learn how to live with them and not need them.

If you want any type of support to carry out your resolution I would be more than happy to help. I'll need it too.
So you're exactly like me? You can relate to my problems. I don't want to completely cut McDonald's or whatever, but moderation is key. Same with chocolate or ice-cream. I need to learn moderation and start making healthier choices.

My new year's resolution is the same one as last year.

...and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that.....

Seriously.

I have run out of different ways to approach it.:confused:

Every year I say "this year will be different".
It's like someone who keeps buying a lottery ticket and says, "this will be the one that wins"!

So here I go again. Another year, another angle, another way of approaching it, another attempt.::(::rolleyes:
What is your resolution for the past several years?

Silatuyok

Any time I try to make a new year's resolution I end up thinking, "why don't I just start now?" So I usually do.
That being said, I do have one resolution: to spend 100 hours or less on the internet in all of 2012.

lonely_drummer

I actually never have done this, so I'm taking a step forward and making a few this year. One, learn a new instrument this year and also drop a few pounds, being back in the city makes grease very tempting. My third one will be to get all my solo acoustic work into an album and try to play a few solo shows. That one will be the hardest since I can't sing in front of anyone, it's gonna be a hard year haha.

systemanic

My new year's resolution is the same one as last year ...and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that.....
Seriously.
I have run out of different ways to approach it.
Every year I say "this year will be different".
It's like someone who keeps buying a lottery ticket and says, "this will be the one that wins"!
So here I go again. Another year, another angle, another way of approaching it, another attempt.
Same here. I used to set them every year, but they always got "lost in the clutter", and at best only did for a week or so.
So now i just wait till i'm truly ready to have/apply any new "resolution" & then start then, not at year's end. And :. i will be much more likely to stick with it, whatever it is.
The idea of "new year resolution" is good, but it is pointless if you won't be able to keep applying it in practise.

Last edited:

Jegan

I have a couple of things on mind. I am going to work on building my self esteem in order to do that I need to stop hanging around people who are so called my friends treating me like dirt and me put me down every time i have something to say. I am going to start reading. Im going to stop drinking alchohall and start working out. I am just going to force my self to stay at a job and keep it up for awhile. because i have hard time styaing at one job for ever. I am just going to make money.

Fighter86

Hopefully, I will hold down this horrible job I am currently having for the whole entire year as I really need the experience and also for the past one year half I've been switching jobs multiple times, its close to two years since I last held down a job for a year.

Illusions

Basically I just resolve to be happy. I stopped bothering with specific resolutions a while back. Hell, no one really follows through with resolutions anyway, haha.

Insanewoman389

I tend to but never follow through with it lol This year I'm gonna try to enjoy life and be happy more often. That and watch more Sailor Moon lol XD

Sartana

My first one sounds a bit mean spirited. But I'm going to try only giving people the time that they would give me. I don't have any regrets about how hard I've tried to be more out of my shell this year, and most of my friends do treat me the same as I treat them, but it's time to give a bit less time to those that don't.

Start a band (or help my friend finish her film)! Either will do.

Stay off msn, skype, wikipedia and facebook when I'm doing essays. This is the biggest one as it absolutely kills my productivity.

MikeyC

My first one sounds a bit mean spirited. But I'm going to try only giving people the time that they would give me. I don't have any regrets about how hard I've tried to be more out of my shell this year, and most of my friends do treat me the same as I treat them, but it's time to give a bit less time to those that don't.
That's actually not a bad thing. I need to do the same thing, especially with a few people I know. Even with one person I'm spending time with in Melbourne. ::(:

HH

Widen my social circle and be more pro-active in finding that special someone :)

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Keep up the good work
and try to boost my self-esteem to the level needed to be able to stay in a relationship....

twiggle

-To stop thinking as much as I do
- To keep busy
- To care only for the people who are important to me instead of worrying about what randoms think... because when I worry too much about that, I get down, and am not as good a friend or relative to the people who actually mean something.
- Health and fitness
- To make this year better than 2011
- Less time at the computer
- love like a river
- Give my best for both of the companies I work for
- Smile more
-Stop comparing times

etc
etc
etc
etc