Lonely soul or broken heart?

andsorry

when others make me aware I'm lonely, I feel alone, empty and I'm sad. When some loser breaks my heart I know it was for the best and he's not worth my time.

Kiwong

Neither. I am not really lonely. I have had my heart broken, but I have moved on.

Saga

Broken heart.
It seems to imply that you've actually had someone/s at one stage. =P

Was a lonely soul.
Was a broken heart.
Was both lonely and broken.
We must experience what we even do not want to understand.

megalon

Broken heart.
It seems to imply that you've actually had someone/s at one stage. =P

Yeah. Better to have loved and lost... or so I'm told. I say loneliness is worse because, instead of having your heart broken, it's like your "heart" was never constructed in the first place.
If no one has ever felt that way about you, you start to think you don't deserve to have someone who cares.

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Yeah. Better to have loved and lost... or so I'm told. I say loneliness is worse because, instead of having your heart broken, it's like your "heart" was never constructed in the first place.
If no one has ever felt that way about you, you start to think you don't deserve to have someone who cares.

In my opinion, it would be worse if you have had someone who broke your heart. If there's a feeling I deeply dislike is to believe that someone cared when they never did.

Quietguy11

I've experienced both, but I would rather a broken heart over a lonely soul because with a broken heart you recover a lot faster than you do with a lonely soul. I find that loneliness has always been the make up of my life since I can remember, and from the looks of things it's not going to go away any time soon. I've had a broken heart once with a girl that I liked. I remember many nights not being able to sleep because of the feeling in my heart. But again, a broken heart, as painful as it feels, is much better than having a lonely soul because you get over people a lot faster than you start feeling connected with people.

Fighter86

Lonely soul. I am a very lonely soul, but a broken heart would be worse. I don't think I could handle such pain, I would be devastated.