loneliness

funkyy

first day of sch vacation, planning to catch the hangover2 and shop around..but suddenly loneliness sets in, and how i wish there is someone to hang out with rather than alone.

Sometimes all we have is us, self, ourself. Try not to worry so much and just go enjoy. Enjoy what you do. Be open to changes. Definitely, as you walk about do not fear yourself.

funkyy

i hate going out alone for fear of seeing people i know seeing that im going out alone....

funkyy

and whenever im out, i dont know where to shop..i walk back and forth , and if i walk to a shop i stare blankly at the items..., and i just dont know what to do.

Sprunk

and whenever im out, i dont know where to shop..i walk back and forth , and if i walk to a shop i stare blankly at the items..., and i just dont know what to do.
I'm sure a lot of people on here feel the same at times.Shopping can be awkward for most of us i would imagine.I got some help with this issue with a Psychologist it might be worthwhile for you too

Vampayah88

i hate going out alone for fear of seeing people i know seeing that im going out alone....

Tell me about it. I hate it when I'm out alone and I see people I know hanging out with a bunch of friends, or with their bf's/gf's. It truly sucks.

Kinetik

The Hangover 2 was pretty good, I saw it yesterday. It's crammed full of Asian stereotypes though so I'm not sure how it will go down in Singapore. :D

Feathers

Funkyy, can you pretend you're only shopping on the way to see your gf or friends??

Some people do 'stuff' before their mates/friends/loved ones get off work or such...??
Also what if your friends were eg on vacation, would you be forced to stay shut in the flat all day??

Small shops can be easier than big shops too..

If you take notice of interesting things around you or maybe go to a park or event, you might even meet someone interesting??

funkyy

The Hangover 2 was pretty good, I saw it yesterday. It's crammed full of Asian stereotypes though so I'm not sure how it will go down in Singapore. :D

haha i just catched it .it was still as funny as the part 1 . allen is so dumb!

funkyy

Funkyy, can you pretend you're only shopping on the way to see your gf or friends??

Some people do 'stuff' before their mates/friends/loved ones get off work or such...??
Also what if your friends were eg on vacation, would you be forced to stay shut in the flat all day??

Small shops can be easier than big shops too..

If you take notice of interesting things around you or maybe go to a park or event, you might even meet someone interesting??

what kinda event can i go to? esp ALONE. i cant go to concerts alone..(i missed my fav bands concert which sucks)..

i just feel completely lonely when im outside alone..feeling like a loser with no frens. when im on vacation, gosh i have no idea what to do..it was meant to be a happy thing, but end up i get more depressed maybe even suicidal.

mikebird

Banned
I live in a social vaccum.

It gets worse over time.

Don't ever let it happen.

Recover.

All was fine when living in houses of 4 or 6. It was stressful. Having our own place was good, but too small for my girlfriend. Good investment. When she left, everything went downhill, including my career, all because of that event.

Feathers

This may be easier if you live in a city.

As a student I sometimes just got all prettied up and went out - maybe just to a shop or post office, to look around boutiques (it's normal for a girl to shop alone), but sometimes even other people thought I was going to a hot date and even asked me about it haha...

Also just walking/jogging to the park, or was sitting on a bench/in a cafe/by riverside writing in my journal etc. Sometimes people started talking to me, or even I chatted up another jogger with a doggie or such... It's easier if energy levels are higher, jogging/exercise/movement can help with that.. It's good if you smile too..

what kinda event can i go to? esp ALONE. i cant go to concerts alone..(i missed my fav bands concert which sucks)..
I don't know what kind of events are available locally? Check online what's happening, some stuff may be on FB etc. Also don't know what you're into...?
Friends of mine have gone to concerts alone, and they're girls - one even got a bf that way!! (You can just maybe say you got 'lost' from the others or the mate you were supposed to meet didn't show up or something like that?)

There may be workshops or courses or eco events... Maybe sometimes just things/events in the park... or the library... poetry readings, gallery openings or such maybe.. It's normal if a person comes alone, it's easier if you at least know people who work there or the poet lol or some others with similar interests... Or you can pretend to just be a big fan of the art or interested in the topic etc. :)

Or you could join a club/organisation with your interests... eg poetry/songwriting/literary/artsy/eco club or such...?

funkyy

feather:

u do have anxiety? because i Cant smile to people. when i jog i dont talk to nobody...normally people who sees me felt as though they saw a hostile girl anyway. i leave bad impression to so many people.

and i really dont see how i can go for events alone. it is totally insane. it will definitely gives me a panic attack!

i dont have many interest and i dont seem to be able to join a club..either i cant spend money or theres always something getting in my way.

i used to love singing.
now i dont sing often.

dont have the motivation to do things.

see no point in doing things..

Understood. When you feel up to it don't forget what you once enjoyed.

Keep this in mind: Enjoy the small things in life. They always seem to matter more, somehow.

Shant

Ah, loneliness, the double-whammy of social phobia. It would make life a lot bearable if loneliness didn't exist. Myself, when I feel this way, I usually just get really lazy and play with music or listen to music, or if especially down, I'll just watch anime since I won't feel like doing anything else and it requires no effort.

feather:

u do have anxiety? because i Cant smile to people. when i jog i dont talk to nobody...normally people who sees me felt as though they saw a hostile girl anyway. i leave bad impression to so many people.
It's strange how social anxiety affects so many people in so many different ways - I have social anxiety and all I do is smile to people - that nervous smile - it's not even geniune, it's automatic out of anxiety tension. Weird.
dont have the motivation to do things.

see no point in doing things..
Do you think you're depressed, possibly? That usually tends to cycle with loneliness, pretty bad.