life without mirrors!

FOR REAL

Banned
if there wasnt any mirrors, think of the advantages!
guys who have girlfriends wouldnt have to wait a fortnite to use the bathroom!
we wouldnt know what we looked like, so no one could judge us, cause they wouldnt know what they looked like!
you wouldnt get 7 years bad luck for breaking one!
females wouldnt need that makeup stuff!
guys wouldnt have to shave!
no makeup no shaving foam, would solve world hunger(money wise)!
it would be great i think:)

im just trying to think of any drawbacks! (nope i cant think of any):D

it must have been great being a caveman - you'd never know what you looked like! except if you found a really still pool of water or something.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Perhaps if we couldn't see our own reflection, because there are quite a few reflective surfaces other than mirrors. Or perhaps if there were no reflective surfaces at all...
Still, side view mirrors - we need those.

Sinar_Matahari

Nah! I'm too vain for there to be no mirrors. I actually don't take a long to put makeup on. It takes me less than ten minutes. I also don't take long doing my hair because I don't bother doing anything other than washing and brushing. Again, it's vanity that compels me to stand in front of the mirror much more than getting ready. We have mirrors all around the house so I don't take up anyone's mirror time. What I do spend time on is clothes and I have to see how they look on me. It doesn't matter what others will think of my clothes but I have to catch glimpses of myself in reflections when I'm out and about so I may as well look my best.

dream

We have eyes so we can see one another and we have cameras so we could always take pictures if there were no mirrors we would still be able to see what we looked like lol although if there were no mirrors we wouldn't be obsessed with curising/admiring our image in the mirror or be so self concious when we pass by a mirror.

it must have been great being a caveman - you'd never know what you looked like! except if you found a really still pool of water or something.

Yeah I would have loved to have lived in the cavemen times. No make-up and no hairspray for work....No shaving everyday for men. Everybody would be wearing the same animal skin clothes...The only down side of course, is that you had to run 2 miles just to catch and spear your dinner everyday if there were no berries/fruit around.:D

BeauZa

You are absolutely right!
I like the part where we wouldn't judge each other based on our appearances. ^_^
If there would ever be a perfect world, it would begin with the abolishing of mirrors. =]

Harleyq

I like the part where we wouldn't judge each other based on our appearances.

Somehow, I doubt this would happen. I think we would just ask eachother what we looked like and judge our own appearances based off of everyone else's opinions, which is worse, IMO. And people who were told by everyone that they were beautiful might get more judgmental and only want to be with equally pretty people.

sullyS1985

I would love if there were no mirrors in this world because then i wouldnt be disgusted everytime i looked into one because they wouldnt exist in this hypothetical situation.

da_illest101

you do know that water reflection exist?

plus there wouldn't be one of my favorite game of all time called mirror's edge

Harleyq

Have you tried shaving while looking at your reflection in a puddle of water? Its just not the same.

There's also shiny, reflective surfaces.

One of my old highschool friends, who was really vain, once stopped in front a framed photo of our principal and started checking out her hair and fixing it using the reflection from the glass.

Still not the same as shaving, I'm sure.

sabbath

Banned
Girl before the mirror
Appraises her disguise
Child become a mother
Tries to fix her eyes
No more of his excuses
It has to be today
She can keep her fantasy
If she can get away

Paint her name on a one-way street
Painted cheeks with angry heat