life is not fun anymore please respond

S_Spartan

Yeah I feel like my best days are behind me, and they weren't that great...when the magic is gone, it's really gone...when the music's over, turn out the light...

defiance

Yeah I feel like my best days are behind me, and they weren't that great...when the magic is gone, it's really gone...when the music's over, turn out the light...

I know this only too well. In fact this morning when I woke up my depression hit me so hard that I started crying and shaking. I felt like I was going to throw up. I can't do anything right. I'm an adult who is still really a child because my issues kept me from growing mentally and keeping up with the world. I constantly let people down and all I think about is ending it all. So yeah.... life sure isn't fun anymore. Then again, I wonder if it ever really was.

I'm having a bad day again today i just feel like i will never have fun again and the years of being happy are over. I've been spending the days thinking of crushes from when i was young. I think about everything from age 16 and before, i'm so obsessed with the past that i feel a new guy would never be able to make me feel the way the guys i liked years ago did.

Don't take this the wrong way. I do empathise. I don't mean to be harsh but I don't see any other way to deliver this message....I am trying to be tactful.

You are doing yourself no favours. You need to let go of the nostalgia. I read your other posts too about the guy you saw somewhere 13 years ago and didnt talk to ....and think about now. You need to let go of the nostalgia for your own good.

Lot of people seem to think that someone else will make them happy. I just dont know, I blame romcoms :eek:mg:. Charging someone else with how you feel is a massive responsibility and an unreasonable expectation to place on another human being.

My therapist told me to go and do something (Im paraphrasing) and after some objections that it would never work, I begrudgingly did, mostly to be able to turn around and tell them to shove it up their hole when it didnt work but they were right. Everyone needs to have a purpose.When your focused and you challenge yourself there is a sense of achievement when you get there and with that comes confidence and some happiness too. And it doesnt really matter what the task is so long as its something that engages you and challenges you, something you can progress and work toward.

Without a sense of purpose your mind is free to wander to what could have been...its not real

I don't know what your situation is but I read your my age in one of your posts and I know I've struggled to find direction. Im largely guessing that youre in a similar boat to that. Certainly I think its tough when everyone else is settling down and social norms are there and expectations.

I found purpose for myself by setting myself some small goals. A lot of them didnt work and I found out what did and didnt engage me and what was going to work. I even tried to write a book at one stage....well that didnt work for me hahaha. But other stuff did. I challenged myself to do the c25k and that was a good start. I felt good about doing that because it was hard. I had a purpose every day. There was loads of things. I had a list at the time. It gave me the confidence to try bigger things and gave me more purpose to my days and it has helped a ****load more than any man could have.

Last edited:

Carol

You don't have to feel good about yourself in order to be happy. I would say it's better to try NOT to think about yourself. Focus on something else, set small goals and challenge yourself to meet them, as kilojoule said. Helping somebody in need (and it doesn't have to be a financial need... could be a handicap or anything) can help take your mind off yourself. Some kind of fun exercise is good too... I like Zumba.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!

Aye, that's how ah feel. Though, people keep teling me that I've got ma whole life ahead o' me. Which is utter pish, to be honest. Ah feel ah foolishly wasted my best days, and passed up opportunities to better ma life due to self-doubt.

Not feelin' "smart enough" for a media studies college course ah choice during high school - still probably ma biggest regret in life. :kickingmyself:

That said, my life hasn't been fun for awhile, when ah really think about it. Ah mean my idea of "fun" now is if ah have at least more than one event (be it a concert or comedy show) that means I'll get out the house more than once a month, if I'm lucky. How sad, huh?

Kiwong

My best days came right after several of my worst years. 46-50 my best years.

Things can change for the better when you least expect it. Sometimes life throws stuff at you that forces you to fight; and a nightmare can turn into a dream.

Happy ever afters are fantasy, but happy ever nows, moments when you discover true happiness are possible.

When I look around me at the sane people, I don't see constantly happy people; scratch under the surface and there is dysfunction.

sprode

I can't remember the last time life was fun to me.

I'm late 20s too and it all feels so hopelessly lost. It's impossible to replace what has been missed in this decade, and it's not like my mental health is going to get better.

All I can interject here is that you need to live in the NOW. I'm not trying to sound harsh but sulking around and reflecting won't accomplish anything. I know its hard but you cannot rent a time machine and fix the past. Learn from your mistakes. Create a list of social & educational & life goals and keep moving. Nobody else will do this for you.

Last edited: