L337 r00t for Windows 7?

Windows vista is the bad one, 7 isnt to bad, it has some issues with older software but that is due to the remake of the kernal, other then that it has been working well, and since I have the pro version it has a built in xp mode for the old programs.

JamieD

I don't know what the thread title is on about, but my sister has Window 7 on her Dell inpsiron mini netbook- it's Windows 7 Starter, and it doesn't even let you change your wallpaper :confused: there's most likely some hack/workaround though. Just don't get Starter, get Home Premium at the least. Windows 7 has the looks of Vista with the speed of XP (ish) It's what Vista never was.

SickCycleCarousel

I <3 Windows 7. I didn't try Vista, but I think it's better than XP by far. It's faster and 10 times easier to troubleshoot (if you have problems at all, anyway).

Last edited:

mummylala

We got fed up with all the problems we were having with windows so we are using UBUNTU.

We have yet to have a problem with it and its sooooo easy to use and plus it was free :)

Ignace

Windows 7 is the best OS ever

Yeah, in Microsoft-land. Ubuntu and Max are still more stable then Windows, but yet, Windows is best for normal use in my opinion. When you play games you actually have no other choice. I don't know it's allowed on this forum, otherwise this post can be edited/deleted by the mods, but torrents or newsgroups always do the trick. It's not bad for your computer, just only download from a good source. Don't do it when you doubt.

Emily_G

I have windows 7 on my new laptop....seems fine to me....i'm not picky though. Hubby has Vista and doesn't like it.

We got fed up with all the problems we were having with windows so we are using UBUNTU.

We have yet to have a problem with it and its sooooo easy to use and plus it was free :)

Not a bad OS, two issues with it for me, one can't play as many of the games I want on it, its not as bad as it use to be. And two it has serious issues with my laptop and the graphic card, been trying to make that work for ages, stupid ATI graphics :p.

I could detail many things between the OS's, excluding the Mac, sorry but never had the money for one, I just build my own PC's.

The main thing with Windows 7 is that it is the true next OS after XP, Vista was a fluke. Though as I said getting something like pro or higher 7 is good if you are into messing a lot with the basic structure and want access to XP mode, allowing older programs to run, due to the kernel change most don't on 7. I currently switch to 7 about 6 months ago and haven't had any major issues that I did with vista. There is admitting some older games that have issues, ones that were programmed on XP, but not always.

Ok enough random tech talk, I am bad about explaining things unless I am ask a specific question.

Honestly except the eye candy and whatnot in Win7 I think it is not to far of from Vista.
Win7 is what Vista was suppose to be so under the hood it would not surprise me that it's the same thing.
Although I have not done any lengthy research on this.

I can only hope that in Windows 8 or what ever they name it they will actually get
all the stuff that they planed for Vista-Win7 which did not make it (WinFS etc...)

Honestly except the eye candy and whatnot in Win7 I think it is not to far of from Vista.
Win7 is what Vista was suppose to be so under the hood it would not surprise me that it's the same thing.
Although I have not done any lengthy research on this.

I can only hope that in Windows 8 or what ever they name it they will actually get
all the stuff that they planed for Vista-Win7 which did not make it (WinFS etc...)

True in a lot of ways it is just vista done the right way. I to expect windows 8 to be better, or I really hope it is. There are many things that could have been done that weren't. I mainly am using 7 for some of the features I like, one my tv tuner works well in the media center it comes with, two I like that windows snap thing, though it is silly, three I can use directx 10 though it is now 11, I can use more ram even on 32bit, etc. Nothing much over xp.

True in a lot of ways it is just vista done the right way. I to expect windows 8 to be better, or I really hope it is...
Yeah apparently the Media center in Win7 is suppose to be a lot better then the Vista one because the TV-pack (Fiji) and the more amount of simultaneous tuners allowed also HD codecs are included for HD TV. Just stuff I have read.
The snap thing if you ask me is nothing. That they even commercialize this and claim it to be a feature of the OS is just sad if you ask me.
I as you just switched to it because of DirectX 11 which is a marketing scam really. It is as for as I know only on Win7.