kinda mad

LazyHermitCrab

I went to the petstore with my boyfriend to get a fish tank. On the way out a cashier who could be his grandma was there. This is what happened.
Her:how are you?
Him: Good you..?
Her: Good. And it's good you got a big tank for your fish. Have you ever got a fish before?
Him: No she's helping me (looks at me)
Her: Oh so you're working together!
Him: Yeah
Her: Oh if you ever need to come in to test your betta water you can come back here *wink* (she actually winked!!!) and said see ya (to him)
I'm so pissed right now!!!!! Help? I seriously want to talk to her and say that was not respectful *****. I'm not trying to be rude by saying grandma but i'm serious. When i'm old and even now I would never do that....

Last edited:

Starry

Try not to worry about it, there is a perfectly good chance that the wink was nothing more than friendliness. I've known people who wink at others certainly not meaning anything in the least bit suggestive. In fact, I wink at my dog when I smile at her... My mother winks at young children when she smiles at them, it's just an extra bit of friendliness, nothing more, obviously. If she was that much older then the chances of it being a friendly wink are greater than any other kind of wink.

jaim38

I think she's trying to be friendly by making small talk. I don't think she's flirting with your bf.

But I could be wrong because I didn't see this go down. If she is, don't go back to the petstore.

LazyHermitCrab

Try not to worry about it, there is a perfectly good chance that the wink was nothing more than friendliness. I've known people who wink at others certainly not meaning anything in the least bit suggestive. In fact, I wink at my dog when I smile at her... My mother winks at young children when she smiles at them, it's just an extra bit of friendliness, nothing more, obviously. If she was that much older then the chances of it being a friendly wink are greater than any other kind of wink.

I hope so. That's the only thing that kept me from putting my middle finger up as I left and also my best friend works there lol... :)

LazyHermitCrab

I think she's trying to be friendly by making small talk. I don't think she's flirting with your bf.

But I could be wrong because I didn't see this go down. If she is, don't go back to the petstore.

Going to try to avoid it. It's not something to worry about really cuz I know he wouldn't cheat on my even if she was young. I just don't like it when ppl don't have respect for others and want to make a difference by showing that lady that's not okay especially if she plans on doing it to someone else too.

LazyHermitCrab

Hey Lazy Hermit Crab, can we try to remember that when you're on the internet the whole world can see it. The last thing we want to do is convince all those horny gilfs to be less slutty. :p

Haha. Sorry if you're interested in flirting with a gilf then you can still go for it under the right circumstances. >.>

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Please, don't take this personally, but you are overreacting.

Winking doesn't instantly mean flirting, it all depends on the situation. The situation you describe is just a friendly thing. I've had plenty of grandpas winking at me when I was very little, does that make all of them pedophiles? I don't think so.

My father and one of my uncles winked at me when joking about something, what would that make them then?

Try to re-think whenver you're about to do something drastic, in this case showing the middle finger to that lady. Not everyone is out to get you or your mate. Just worry if said lady did that to him every single time and added suggestive remarks. Otherwise, it's all friendly stuff.

LazyHermitCrab

Please, don't take this personally, but you are overreacting.

Winking doesn't instantly mean flirting, it all depends on the situation. The situation you describe is just a friendly thing. I've had plenty of grandpas winking at me when I was very little, does that make all of them pedophiles? I don't think so.

My father and one of my uncles winked at me when joking about something, what would that make them then?

Try to re-think whenver you're about to do something drastic, in this case showing the middle finger to that lady. Not everyone is out to get you or your mate. Just worry if said lady did that to him every single time and added suggestive remarks. Otherwise, it's all friendly stuff.

About your first question. No i don't think they are pedophiles but yes pedophiles do exist. With family it seems okay. She wasn't joking about anything so... anyway yeah i'm not gonna do anything drastic unless something else happens. Body language is a very strong thing it's not all about saying suggestive remarks. Saying suggestive remark is 100% obvious though.

Xervello

I wasn't there, so who knows what the truth of it is. But going by how you've described it, LHC, I'd have to agree with Hellhound. You're overreacting. Sounds like she was just being friendly. Each person is friendly in their own way. I'm sure she's aware of her age, his age, and that you were with him. Sounds harmless.

wow overreaction of the century..i don't mean to be rude but you seriously need to try and address your attitude in regards to jealousy and possessiveness of your bf otherwise its going to eat you away inside and end badly one day. just some freindly advice.