kids making my life terrible

Rodrigue

Hi everypne, I have about 10 kids that play footbal under my appartment. They are the kids of my neighbours. They keep screaming and I can't sleep from their noise. So I shouted at them. But they didn't stop, instead, they started throwing fireworks at my balcony, I don't want to call the police, because I know that their parents are thugs, and they are seeking trouble. I need your help guys. Thanks

ImNotMyIllness

I have a noise issue where I live (family member). I sleep with ear plugs. Silicone ear plugs won't hurt your ears when you're sleeping on your side but they can fall out. I pretty much depend on them and they have helped me sleep. Try it.

You can purchase these at any store like Walmart, CVS...etc.

Amazon.com: Mack's Pillow Soft Silicone Earplugs, Value Pack, 6 pr: Sports & Outdoors

Roll it into a ball and then insert into ear (follow the directions on package).

Kiwong

I had a neighbours kid throw his tennis ball at my car, and stole my shopping. I put in a complaint to the body corporate. It got up the parents nose and they moved.

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member
They are playing football late at night? That must be illegal, call the police!

conscious_mindz

I can sympathise with your situation, i also have the same problem, my apartment is directly above someones back garden & i have a trampoline directly underneath my bedroom window which the kids jump on all day in the summertime & they constantly scream at the top of there lungs.

I also have a slider & swing underneath my living room window that the kids use & scream & cry all damn day i get no peace...i've told the kids to quieten down but to no avail.

Last year the kids were screaming & i flipped out & started to stomp my floor really hard...multiple times & i put my foot through my floor which i had to pay to get repaired without the landlord finding out which cost me a bomb!

This time around if it happens again i will go & see the parents or write them a little note to post in there letterbox detailing why its getting on my nerves, my advice would be to either tell the landlord or tell the kids to quieten down as you should not have to put up with it

Rodrigue

Thank you for your replies Kiwong, Remus and conscious_mindz. @ Remus, no they are not playing late at night, but I work at night in a hospital, and need to sleep in the afternoons... @ conscious_mindz, I baught a stream called liquidass, I sorry for the word, but that's the product name, it makes a horrible smell, and I have throwed two bottles of it in the place where the kids are playing, they stopped playing for about 1 hours, and then continued... So don't try this, it was a complete failure! As for earplugs, it didn't work with me neither, because they slam the ball to a metalic door, and you can hear the BOOOM like it is in the house. I am thinking of buying some fireworks and firing back at them, what do you think guys?? Or will they think that I entered the "Game" with them?... I thank you again because you are helping me.

MistMoon

Thank you for your replies Kiwong, Remus and conscious_mindz. @ Remus, no they are not playing late at night, but I work at night in a hospital, and need to sleep in the afternoons... @ conscious_mindz, I baught a stream called liquidass, I sorry for the word, but that's the product name, it makes a horrible smell, and I have throwed two bottles of it in the place where the kids are playing, they stopped playing for about 1 hours, and then continued... So don't try this, it was a complete failure! As for earplugs, it didn't work with me neither, because they slam the ball to a metalic door, and you can hear the BOOOM like it is in the house. I am thinking of buying some fireworks and firing back at them, what do you think guys?? Or will they think that I entered the "Game" with them?... I thank you again because you are helping me.

No no, please don't use fireworks against them! That'll only make a bad situation worse! They'll think you're trying to compete with them and then if more people get involved you'll look like the bad guy for doing the same thing, and then YOU could get in trouble.
Like the person before me said, if fireworks are being fired off, you might need to call the police :( I know you're hesitant to do this because of the family but that might be your best option, considering you've tried everything else.

laure15

I don't recommend using fireworks because the parents of these kids might get angry. Try out the earplugs for now and consider moving out if possible.

Rodrigue

@joule hahahahhaha you make me laugh looool, I promise you, I will try it lol, but I am not very old, I have 21 years... I am just peacefull, that's why perhaps you thought that I am old.

Kiwong

Rodrigue, where I live, playing games on the common property is against the rules of the body corporate. In my case I spoke to the strata management people, and they sent out of a reminder of the body corporate rules to each owner in my apartment complex, with the threat of a fine for repeat offences.

It worked for me the parents and children moved.

coyote

it's a normal thing for kids to play outdoors in the middle of the afternoon

it's also pretty normal for them to be loud, having fun, etc.

i know it sucks that you're trying to sleep, but it's not really their fault - they're just being normal kids

be glad for them that they're not shut up indoors, alone, in their room, avoiding life

as someone already mentioned, you can try earplugs - they worked for me many years ago on board an aircraft carrier when i had to sleep right under the deck that jet aircraft were landing on

or maybe try approaching the kids or their parents in a friendly manner and establishing a relationship with them - explain that you have an odd work schedule and are trying to sleep in the afternoon, and maybe offer to do something nice for them in exchange for their cooperation in keeping the noise level down

good luck :thumbup:

Rodrigue

I can see why such kids will be in the future bad people, since they are left outdoors, their parents don't have time to make them learn moral and ethical values such as do not disturb your neighbour.

hardy

Accept it? If you cannot get enough sleep one after-noon, you will sleep better the next day..! Give some living-kindness blessings to the kids...as kids will be kids.

Buddha said: If you are to walk on a thorny road, you might as well wear shoes instead of picking up every thorn and throwing it out. Such a waste of energy trying to get rid of kids playing. Kids are the only good things left on the planet...they are many many times cooler than the elderly.

Remus

Staff member
I can see why such kids will be in the future bad people, since they are left outdoors, their parents don't have time to make them learn moral and ethical values such as do not disturb your neighbour.

They're just being children. It's daytime so not unreasonable.

Get some earplugs as Coyote said.

Kiwong

They're just being children. It's daytime so not unreasonable.

Get some earplugs as Coyote said.

Under his apartment? Is it a car park? Then it might be illegal based on the body corporate rules. Playing games on the common property may not be allowed.

Some tips for the earplugs: Make sure you get the highest dB ones you can find (say 30+). The best is the blue silicone. Also it will take a bit of practise to be able to gain the maximium/perfect seal.

If the noises still wake you, maybe you could try wearing earmuffs as well?.