Just saying hello :)

Midnitelexi

I've never been good at introductions but here goes nothing.

Hi everyone, I'm Midnitelexi.

I consider myself to be an introvert or extreme introvert. I can't say for sure I have social anxiety or phobia - though my extremely quiet nature may be called into question. I've always had a difficult time socializing since I was very little and it takes me a fairly long time to warm up to social situations. Sometimes I think my own mind is my worst enemy, the thoughts never stop coming; it's kind of like having a gerbil constantly running in it's wheel 24/7. Some nights I can wake up having thoughts upon thoughts, like my mind hasn't shut off yet. Because of my quiet nature I'm always stuck between not having anything to say or not knowing what to say which makes me wonder if there's something wrong with me...

On a more positive note, I'm a wanna-be writer. Generally I write fiction/teen-fiction with a splash of romance. Some authors I look up too are Kelley Armstrong, Lara Adrian and Becca Fitzpatrick. I'm happy to call myself a bookworm or geek/nerd/otaku. I'm very much into video games (Zelda series, Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior...etc) and anime/manga.

I'm glad to have found this site. I feel a little better knowing it's not just me who has difficulties in the social world :] Because it sure feels like it some days.

Its nice to meet everyone!

Alienated

Hi Midnitelexi.. if you would like a few suggestion you might try to put that little sucker on the wheel to sleep, I got some ideas... I suffered from that for years, and finally found a way to stop the train and get off the track...

I see you said your a reader and nurdy... So am I... I found numberous hobbies that that require intense focus, and you just tire your brain out.
I love the sciences, everything from anatomy, physiology, psychology, chemistry, engineering, and Earth sciences... I find what makes the world I am in work and what it's made of...even me, and why I do the crazy things I do !!

I also do technological disection... I take things people throw away apart, use the parts to invent and build new things... Great way to spend time, very challeging and very satisfying... And since I live in complete isolation... it"s a one man job, and talking outloud to yourself is encouraged !!!

Try to find something you really enjoy that is mentally challenging... Your brain needs it, it knows it, and so it exercises it's self whether you want it to or not... give it what it needs, and it will leave you alone... Just like your subconscience signiture choice...

Sometime you have to play with it too you know, why do you think it tries to play with you ?

Last edited:

DepravedFurball

Woot for otaku-gaming-writers from Canada! We're a small sub-group, but at least we know how best to hibernate. >.<

You probably have a Watty account, eh? If you do, hit me up. I'll be a follower/reader/editor if you'd like. ^^

Edit: Found ya on there already. :p