Jumping at shadows...

Are you a paranoid android? :-P

• Relax, it might never happen!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Kurt Cobain sang, "just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you..."

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

princess_haru

I'm always imagining something bad is going to happen to me.

When I'm walking through an automatic door I tense up and imagine it's gonna malfunction and smash shut on me.

If I'm concentrating on something and someone suddenly says something to me I'll jump out of my skin - I've even been known to shriek! :oops:

If I'm crossing a road and a car's coming towards me I quickly plan out the best route to run, in case the driver puts their foot down and tries to run me over!

When I hear footsteps behind me in an otherwise deserted area I start mentally rehearsing defensive moves, even if it's broad daylight in a really non-sinister setting!

Can anyone else here relate?

recluse

Yes i think that something bad is going to happen in any situation. A common one i get is when i am walking towards a group of youths, and i instantly think that they are going to attack me either verbally o'r physically.

princess_haru

Whew, at least it's not just me lol.

I get that feeling when I'm walking towards a group of people (especially a gang of teens) too, Recluse. I tend to stiffen up, then realise they'll notice this and be drawn towards what they see as a weakness (ack, some people are just like sharks scenting blood!) so I try to force myself to relax. It's not easy to relax when you're forcing it though :roll:

ImSorry

I thought the thread had to do with some OCD, avoiding stepping on shadows :lol: i did it some years ago

sometimes i think about escaping from the car trying to running me over thing