Journey Through Agoraphobia, Panic and Anxiety

WearyChild

Sad

I'm trying to look back and see if I've ever felt this way before. Trying to think okay it got better before right? I read peoples stories and they are still anxious into adulthood and I wonder can I survive it for that long. It makes me sad that no ones been replying, oh well.

Scooter

It does persist, it's always there, but it's not always so bad as you get older. When I was younger it was a daily, constant monkey on my shoulder. Now it's still there but it's normally in the background. I've learned to live with it these days, I have a better understanding and I'm better at coping with it. Every now and then I get stressed and the SA jumps out & goes 'my turn'!! But even then, I know what it is and I know I'll get through it. Stay strong, it won't always be this bad.

WearyChild

Content

After a very stressful and soar day I am now finally kind of content. Not in a nothing at all way but in a maybe I'm not completely screwed mind set. Maybe its the start of another climb into the better. Ugg headache, does anyone else get more headaches in really down times?

WearyChild

Health

Is anyone deathly terrified of having to go to the hospital or see a doctor. I used to actually like needles (weird I know) but two experiences screwed me over for life. A few years ago I went to the doctor to get my booster shot and she basically pinched my arms 50 times before stabbing me with a needle, man it felt like she popped my arms. Also soon after I had to go for an MRI and I was at the hospital and the lady was asking all the regular questions like are you pregnant ect ect and then she said okay you can go back to the waiting room and a nurse will come to give you the IV and my mind just freaked. My mom and my aunt had come with me and I just started telling my mom I couldn't do it I couldn't do it and eventually I ran out of the hospital and just found a patch of grass and sat there until my mom found me and we went home. I don't know what effected it. It may have been my moms heart failure earlier that year where I saw a billion IV's sticking out of her. The sad part is, is that this was before my anxiety. Now I still have a screwed up leg and don't know how to get it checked out. Also alot of the time when I'm having a panic attack it makes it twice as bad because I think oh no I'm going to have to go to the hospital but I wont be able to and then I'll run and end up dying in a ditch.... hey that **** happens. Now I'm constantly anxious about the thought of getting sick because I'm terrified of having to go to a doctor. Any tips?

WearyChild

So Sick

Okay I'm not literally sick, although I am really paranoid about getting sick. It seems everyone I talk to is sick or knows someone who's sick and that just screws up my head. But back to the title I am so sick of being like this. I just want to get better and be better. I want to go out and have friends and finish school and have a family of my own. God I want a family of my own. For the longest time thats all I ever wanted and now with my fear of everything I'm afraid of having kids.

WearyChild

I Guess Not 'Everybody' Is Corrupted By Greed

Okay I thought this was really cool and it kind of gave me a bit more faith in humanity. The other day when I was having a breakdown (if you look back you could probably find my entree) I decided I was going to email the owner of one of those programs that are supposed to cure your anxiety. I basically ranted in one paragraph that if he believed in his product and if he truly believed in helping people he would send me his video sessions free. I got a reply from him today and guess what, he did! I know completely shocking seeing as if I were to actually pay for them I would be spending 150+ so thats money he's never going to get but I thought that was amazing. The program will remain nameless until I've done it and then I'll give you a review. Best thing was, was that when he emailed me back he actually went on to say that I was right and I am a very persuasive writer and I should do something with it. (I don't know how persuasive the ramblings of a person in the middle of a panic attack are but apparently quite so.)

k123dave

I Guess Not 'Everybody' Is Corrupted By Greed

Okay I thought this was really cool and it kind of gave me a bit more faith in humanity. The other day when I was having a breakdown (if you look back you could probably find my entree) I decided I was going to email the owner of one of those programs that are supposed to cure your anxiety. I basically ranted in one paragraph that if he believed in his product and if he truly believed in helping people he would send me his video sessions free. I got a reply from him today and guess what, he did! I know completely shocking seeing as if I were to actually pay for them I would be spending 150+ so thats money he's never going to get but I thought that was amazing. The program will remain nameless until I've done it and then I'll give you a review. Best thing was, was that when he emailed me back he actually went on to say that I was right and I am a very persuasive writer and I should do something with it. (I don't know how persuasive the ramblings of a person in the middle of a panic attack are but apparently quite so.)

Oh nice! You lucky so and so! :cool: It's good to see that action in life :) Respect to the person :D I hope it works for you! If/when you do a review I will email the program and thank him also, they deserve respect for that.

WearyChild

Food

Lately I've noticed an anxiety when it comes to food. For that last few months I've been very germiphobic so I'll check everything but lately, especially today I'll get anxious when its time to sit down for dinner. I'll be so stressed by the time we actually sit down to eat that I eat twice as little as normal and it will make me feel twice as bad. Also I know chest pains are a normal symptom of anxiety but what type of chest pain is normal?

davidburke

Food

Lately I've noticed an anxiety when it comes to food. For that last few months I've been very germiphobic so I'll check everything but lately, especially today I'll get anxious when its time to sit down for dinner. I'll be so stressed by the time we actually sit down to eat that I eat twice as little as normal and it will make me feel twice as bad. Also I know chest pains are a normal symptom of anxiety but what type of chest pain is normal?

are you conscience of eating in front of people or is it just your not able to eat much when your anxious? i don't like eating in front of others when i'm away i often go all day without eating until i get home cause i hate going to eat somewhere

WearyChild

Tense

All evening I have been so tense I can feel my muscles getting soar from it. Everyone in my house is sick and just the thought of getting sick and my asthma is stressing me out. I can feel my stomach in near permanent knots and my head is killing me. Anyone got any de-stressing technics.

To answer davidburke, no I do not get anxious eating in front of other people. Or eating out for that matter (well when I used to leave the house anyway) I know a lot of people who can't stand eating in front of others but thats just like how some people are afraid of using public bathrooms or doing #2 in public bathrooms. Neither of which do I have problems with either.

WearyChild

Calm

I am on day two of the program and although I haven't had to do much today has been a more enjoyable day then I've had in a really really long time. I even walked to the store with the dog. (You have no idea how long its been since I've done even that) We shall see what tomorrow brings now wont we.

WearyChild

It's Me

I had such a good day but constantly in spare moments I would catch myself tensed up and stressed because all I can think is, 'It's coming I know it is, just a matter of time.' The tenseness ends up giving me stomach pain or neck pain or back pain or all of them which in turn actually does make me anxious. I wish I could just revel in the moment of greatness without having to think negatively.

WearyChild

Arg

Okay so I'm on day three of the program and yesterday was pretty fricken awesome. I walked to the store, by my self (if you don't include dog as a person). Today however is horrible, well compared anyway. I don't know why but I just woke up all tense and so obviously I've felt tense all day so far. Went for a walk and although I walked a decent amount I was anxious the entire time. Now my head hurts and my abdominal muscles have been tense for so long it feels like I'm going to get abs (not in a good way) I just can feel all my muscles flexed and strained and they wont relax. Any ideas?

Remus

Staff member
yeah tackling agorophobia some days can often be one step forward, two steps back, don't be discouraged, the long term progress is what counts and that will be gradual but improvement will come :cool:

before long you will look back and see how far you have come :)

WearyChild

yeah tackling agorophobia some days can often be one step forward, two steps back, don't be discouraged, the long term progress is what counts and that will be gradual but improvement will come :cool:

before long you will look back and see how far you have come :)

Oh trust me I am well aware of that. I think the main stresser is it just seems like the higher you climb the farther you fall.

WearyChild

Reverse Social Anxiety?

Okay the main reason I am on this website is generalized anxiety not specifically social anxiety. I always thought I had social anxiety because I can't start talking to people I have to wait for them to talk to me first and I hate phones ect ect. But the other day I ran into someone (more specifically they ran into me since I was sitting on my front step) and at the time I was anxious. Felt light headed and disoriented and as soon as she started talking to me I forgot all my problems. After that during walks the past few days I've noticed that as I'm walking I'm praying I'll run into someone and they will talk to me.

Today I've been tense (as previous entry shows) but as soon as I started talking to an old friend on msn I started to relax. Well the tension is back now times a billion but it makes me wonder if being around people (aside from my family) would actually help my generalized panic attacks and anxiety. But really theres no way to tell because I'm Agoraphobic and therefore never in a position to attempt to be social. Any thoughts and or suggestions feel not afraid to reply.

michaellipz

this is a great idea for a thread. ive thought of doing something like this myself and i bet it will be a great way to be able to see your day to day progress and get more confidence and momentum