I've gotten depressed over the last few months

BlueWeepingRose

I'm not sure what happened but I feel like I lost myself. And I want to get that person back. I let my ex boyfriend back into my life and I regret this. I've noticed my depression has gotten worse. Most of the time he's always upset or down, and his moods overtime started to affect me.

Haven't said anything about it yet cause I'm kinda scared too, to be honest. But it's gotten much worse and now I feel like I should cut ties off with him cause of how badly he's affecting me. Deep down I feel really horrible, but it's depressing me to the point where I've been sleeping in bed. Always been the kind of friend that will always stick through and through for everyone. Many of things changed, I lost some of my friends and it's gotten harder for me to talk to anyone. Now I feel really alone. Find most of time trying to reach out in forums and post to keep myself busy. Not many things are enjoyable like they were before. Feel really tired or sore, and I hate the way I feel right now. Been bottling this in for so long now and I always wanted to post this up in many forums I've been too but I always fear that people will judge me or ridicule me in some way.... it's really hard for me to be open right now. And the first time I've ever been honest with myself.

Most of the time I daydream so I can escape all the horrible things that has happened to me, I try to block out all the horrible things that has happened. And I wish none of it happened. I would say more but I'm scared too...

neardeath

we have to go with our gut feelings in our relationships. It is hard, but I know I did the same thing you did and regretted it. Now I wonder why I was so mean to myself to let it go on. It made me more depressed, too. Finally I sold most of what I had and got out of there. It was worth it. "To thine own self be true." Hang in there! Getting honest is a great thing!

MikeyC

Sounds like letting your ex-boyfriend back into your life is the cause of your current depression.

Yes, you should cut ties. He will be upset about it but this is about you, not him. Having that negative influence gone, you should hopefully start feeling better.

laure15

Seems like your ex is causing you depression. You could urge him to seek help for his depression, like go to a therapist, read self help books, or seek solace in spirituality. Don't do more than you could handle. Then let him take advantage of the resources. No one can hold his hand all the way. He himself must take the first step towards recovery.

rosewood

all the horrible things? are you ok?

try to make yourself as safe as possible, and if that means leaving him then so be it. whatever you decide is the right thing to do.

I wish you well and hope for a brighter future sooner than later.

Tamara89

Sometimes you just have to be "selfish" and I don't mean that in the negative way. You have to think about yourself in this situation and do what you know is right for you and your health

BlueWeepingRose

Thank you for all you're honest replies. Yes I'm working up the courage of telling him the truth about how I feel. I can't bottle it in anymore, believe I'll be happier without him as well. Cause were always constantly fighting when things don't go his way...

MikeyC

Cause were always constantly fighting when things don't go his way...
Who wants to be with someone as selfish and immature as this? Relationships are give and take, not take and take. Dump his sorry *** and you'll feel much better.