I've created a Discord server for SPW

Sacrament

An SPW friend mentioned in a different thread that they were afraid of not finding anyone from here if the SPW board went bonkers. With that in mind, I've created a Discord server just for people from this message board (or anyone you know with or without social anxiety that wishes to join). You can access the server by following this link https://discord.gg/QyzJG5u

And you can download Discord (it's free) here: https://discordapp.com/download

As I've said, it's a free app that you can use to chat with a bunch of people at the same time. I think it's a good way to keep us SPW folk company, to vent, to talk about whatever.

Feel free to join!

how come i can't get into the Discord Server unless i come to Sacrament's #1 post right here? like I don't have an icon. This is a good idea as i feel that one day SPW might be gone b/c SPW Italy and Spain have disappeared.
Have you downloaded "Discord" on your device, lily? After you have downloaded it, you will be able to get in through that.

It may also ask you to download "Adobe Connect" if your device does not already have that, so just download that as well.

Remus

Staff member
how come i can't get into the Discord Server unless i come to Sacrament's #1 post right here? like I don't have an icon. This is a good idea as i feel that one day SPW might be gone b/c SPW Italy and Spain have disappeared.

I've been thinking this, seems like it's just around the corner, the forum software is now so out of date it's impossible to run the board properly.

I was wondering about creating a closed FB group as a fallback option. though that lacks anonymity

I've been thinking this, seems like it's just around the corner, the forum software is now so out of date it's impossible to run the board properly.

I was wondering about creating a closed FB group as a fallback option. though that lacks anonymity
That is such a shame the end is nigh, just because the Webmaster won't get updated software :sad:

Yeah, the lack of anonymity would stop me from being involved in a Facebook one, but others may not mind.

I can't get into my old Facebook account anyway. I have not gone into it for over 2 years now, and I have forgotten my password. I've also lost access to my recovery email and phone number for it, because my old email account was hacked. :thumbdown:

LoyalXenite

:sad: Its sucky as hell that the end is nigh as Blue said, this site was one of the few things that helped me get through the days when I was in a really bad place. If it hadnt been for this site and my pets I dont think I'd have actually gotten through it.

The anonymity of a facebook group could be circumvented if people make an alternative profile solely for it. Personally I'm so attached to the site that Im not worried about using my real fb name if it means SPW exists in some form :giggle:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
The anonymity of a facebook group could be circumvented if people make an alternative profile solely for it. Personally I'm so attached to the site that Im not worried about using my real fb name if it means SPW exists in some form :giggle:

I was going to say the same thing, I remember years ago "vj" had a facebook account full of friends with clearly fake names all from SPW. At this point I don't care much if my secret identity is reveled, but for others I think it should be easy enough to do.

I am not particularly facebook savvy though, if there is a closed group would people on your friends list see you being a member of it still? If so, that's what would deter me.

LoyalXenite

I am not particularly facebook savvy though, if there is a closed group would people on your friends list see you being a member of it still? If so, that's what would deter me.

You can make Secret groups now that only those in it can see, and only those invited by either select people or by members can join (I assume this varies with the settings but I've never made one so not sure)

The anonymity of a facebook group could be circumvented if people make an alternative profile solely for it.
As I would have to make a new account anyway to get into Facebook now, I could make one solely for an SPW group in there! :thumbup:
Is that possible to use an account name - other than a real one - for a Facebook account though? :thinking:

I'm having trouble with the Discord SPW. Today i logged into a different #. Yesterday and the day i joined it was always the same # and there was another # that was there that i never logged into called 'lily' too. Also i clicked delete account to this one bc it's not the one i signed up for in my e-mail and password and it told me if you delete this you won't be able to sign in again so i might not then. I don't know what's going on. is it really that difficult or is someone playing around with my account.
I don't know what would cause that, lily.
Someone else in here who is more familiar with Discord, will hopefully be able to help you with that problem....

LoyalXenite

Is that possible to use an account name - other than a real one - for a Facebook account though? :thinking:

It is possible, I see people with all sorts of names, as long as there is something in the first name and something in the last name sections then you can be any name

It is possible, I see people with all sorts of names, as long as there is something in the first name and something in the last name sections then you can be any name
oh ok, well that is good to know.
I thought when I was signing up with Facebook for my old account, that I saw something saying you should not use a false name? :thinking: I must be confusing that with something else then.

Well that is a relief! I am all for a private Facebook SPW group then, if ever one is formed..... :perfect:

LoyalXenite

oh ok, well that is good to know.
I thought when I was signing up with Facebook for my old account, that I saw something saying you should not use a false name? :thinking: I must be confusing that with something else then.

Well that is a relief! I am all for a private Facebook SPW group then, if ever one is formed..... :perfect:

No you're right im pretty sure technically you're not supposed to, but people do it anyway so it should be fine

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
No you're right im pretty sure technically you're not supposed to, but people do it anyway so it should be fine

Yes, I think it's a technicality too. Considering how many pets have accounts though, I don't think facebook really cares about it ::p:

I read an article recently and the author was given the "verified" checkmark, and was concerned about how little she actually had to do to receive it, so she changed her name to this to make a point.

Screenshot_2015_10_01_20.51.09.png

Facebook didn't even care about a verified psyduck replying to all her posts with "PSYY" (until the author went out her wait to make a stink about it through twitter and whatnot) so I am fairly certain they won't care about random profile with an odd name ::p: