Is truck driving a good job for someone with social aniety

RaphialLee

I'm trying to find a career where I can work by myself. I can work with people some, but just not all of the time. :kickingmyself: yes it is aggravating. :cuttingmyhair:

Silatuyok

I can imagine it could be a good job for people with SA, though I've never been a truck driver so I can't say for certain. :) I did watch an entertaining documentary once about truck drivers, which might give you an idea of some of the pros and cons: "Big Rig" FULL Movie - YouTube

Richey

it is if you can deal with the timing of deliveries, driving a big unit, backing it into spaces. Also got to have patience in traffic and you need to call customer and head office if you're running late.

gustavofring

I will take a guess that it's hard work and lonely work. Being on the road for days/nights, being alert all the time. I think people have to be quite strong mentally to keep it up.

Flanscho

Depends. I guess it's good to avoid what you fear, but it's bad if you want to improve your condition.

GhastlyCC

My grandfather apparently had SA too.
And he was a truck driver for years until he retired.
My mother always brings it up and tells me that it would be the best job for me.

mikebird

Banned
It would be perfect.

I mentioned HGV or van during a follow-up meeting with my neurologist, backed up by his little registrar - the perfect to work as a team as people who are there to control me and fight against me.

I have asked about the simplest driving jobs but everyone's relished job is to prevent me from working. 50 years' experience of anything required.

Nice statement that a person who has suffered a few epileptic seizures with 3.5 or 4 years gap without. A liability. And anyone who wants to fly a plane or helicopter. Probably the same for a little lawnmower. The right attitude of a doctor to assume any person with this condition will be affected every day, from today, forever. A dilemma to try a usual application form where the clear questions include 'epilepsy' where I was truthful. To easily get through any simpleton, is to not declare it and get hired but even the consequences of law later, it becomes a personal matter to affect the confidence to try it.

I keep repeating the same signal. Maybe some of us feel the same?
Every effort to achieve is blocked by: punchbag of every :kickingmyself: authorised person from police, inpatient or outpatient doctor or recruiter makes it easy for them to hold you back and reject

The good of many outweighs the desire of one