• hell yeah! most people r..

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • no way...

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

Richey

average is a very general description. i think we need to be more specific here, by average what do you mean? do you mean the money you are earning? do you mean the amount of friends you have, is it the hobbies you keep. there alot of succesful career people who crave for the simple life because of the demand and stress levels their job requires so they crave the escape to somewhere simpler. the same goes for people in a easier to come by jobs, they crave the life at the top or somewhere better in their heads. you need to live the life that matches your interests and you'll feel much happier. if you read write stories or articles perhaps writing is what would make you happy but you are instead working in an industry that doesnt interest you. in terms of hobbies i draw, i try to play instruments, i play basketball and i listen to music alot. i like to ride my bike around. but i would still consider myself average simply because i am working a throwaway part time job so i feel like i'm not reaching my full potential. often i wake up and i dont feel motivated like other people i see. sometimes i do though.

i was watching a documentary the other day about John frusciante the guitarist from Red Hot Chilli Peppers. he was in a band playing guitar and suddenly had a lot of money and what did he do with his time. he lived in a run down apartment and stayed in his room playing guitar while almost destroying with cocaine, thats why he left the band. he never cared about the fact that he had money because it was the art that made him happy.

Another interesting thing that happened around the same time, 1991/92 a group called the KLF had become the biggest pop stars in the world and they made great music. they were suddenly seeing the royalties of their success coming in. they had a few million dollars to their name and they decided to burn all their money and quit the music industry because they felt more fulfilled doing that then taking the money from the record company. alot of other people would have taken the money and used it. but that is the interesting dynamic of human beings, everyone has a different outlook and perspective and nothing is ever concrete. alot of people tend to view the world in very materialistic ways and in terms of career its more about the social status then the actual passion to be in that industry, not always bu you see it alot.

in terms of relationships that is more important i think. we need to have friends around us just so we can have experiences burnt into our memory otherwise we have nothing to remember and thats where you'll start to feel really bad. so having friends is the biggest part of living life whether its considered average or above average.

average is a very general description. i think we need to be more specific here, by average what do you mean? do you mean the money you are earning? do you mean the amount of friends you have, is it the hobbies you keep. there alot of succesful career people who crave for the simple life because of the demand and stress levels their job requires so they crave the escape to somewhere simpler. the same goes for people in a easier to come by jobs, they crave the life at the top or somewhere better in their heads. you need to live the life that matches your interests and you'll feel much happier. if you read write stories or articles perhaps writing is what would make you happy but you are instead working in an industry that doesnt interest you. in terms of hobbies i draw, i try to play instruments, i play basketball and i listen to music alot. i like to ride my bike around. but i would still consider myself average simply because i am working a throwaway part time job so i feel like i'm not reaching my full potential. often i wake up and i dont feel motivated like other people i see. sometimes i do though.

i was watching a documentary the other day about John frusciante the guitarist from Red Hot Chilli Peppers. he was in a band playing guitar and suddenly had a lot of money and what did he do with his time. he lived in a run down apartment and stayed in his room playing guitar while almost destroying with cocaine, thats why he left the band. he never cared about the fact that he had money because it was the art that made him happy.

Another interesting thing that happened around the same time, 1991/92 a group called the KLF had become the biggest pop stars in the world and they made great music. they were suddenly seeing the royalties of their success coming in. they had a few million dollars to their name and they decided to burn all their money and quit the music industry because they felt more fulfilled doing that then taking the money from the record company. alot of other people would have taken the money and used it. but that is the interesting dynamic of human beings, everyone has a different outlook and perspective and nothing is ever concrete. alot of people tend to view the world in very materialistic ways and in terms of career its more about the social status then the actual passion to be in that industry, not always bu you see it alot.

in terms of relationships that is more important i think. we need to have friends around us just so we can have experiences burnt into our memory otherwise we have nothing to remember and thats where you'll start to feel really bad. so having friends is the biggest part of living life whether its considered average or above average.

well, I am a perfectionist, did I forget to mention that.. and I mean above average, as in intelligence, talents and so on, yes I know,. everyone for themself.. I think I'm beginning to realize this.. I guess my average has to do with being talented, I guess I want to make up for my SA by being above average.. becasue I keep hearing and seeing people with some kind of disorder/illness that have something else to show off because of that.. maybe my only illness is perfectionist.. I'm a perfectionist with almost no talents.. what a waste of perfectionism lol sorry for the coonmfusion. and yes of course reaching your full potential, thta;s whta my perfectionism is all about.. :)

Juggalo

Average how? Looks? Money? What?

Being average in looks is ok, maybe you can at least get another average looking person. Its being fugly that sucks. lol

paydo

Wait...if you're talking height...being short SUUUUUCKS. Especially for men.
really?am short and it doesn't suck,i did fell bad about it before but now i except it,
oh and being average is perfectly fine,it's because of our SA that we want to be perfect,but being average is fine,but still it matters what we think an average life is and looks like,i think that everybody looks at this in a different way

Juggalo

Women prefer tall guys, thats why it sucks. Plus people tend to take short men less seriously in general.

LadyWench

Average in what sense? There is nothing wrong with being average, I'm just wondering what the exact definition would be for it.

I, on the other hand, usually feel very competitive and like I need to be perfect. I'm far from it, though, so I may as well not waste the energy. I feel like I always have to win games, be the best at spelling and grammar, do this right and do that right. Blah blah blah. My post is pointless.

reslo

When it comes to social skills, I would love to be average/normal/like everyone else/mediocre/middle of the road!!!!!! that would be a dream come true.

when asked, most americans say they are above average. (like there have been studies on this and I'm an american I don't think i'm above average- anyways). therefore, maybe seeing yourself as "just average" seems like a bad thing? when really it's not???

I would say some of you find the RAGE in average !

SpLynx

No way! That is one of the biggest problems of humanity - people wanting t be average just like others!!! IT IS WRONG!