-insert title-

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I thought I should share this. Just replace "Facebook" for "the internet"

6 Things People Need to STOP Bragging About on Facebook | The Stir

I found this particular paragraph o be the most interesting:

"Your perfect spouse -- For the love of all things holy, PLEASE cool it with the sappy romance letters. We get it, you love your husband. But we don't need to know that he brings you breakfast in bed and a dozen roses every day, whispers sweet nothings in your ear, kisses your feet, and then weeps over how in love he is with you."

Some folks should learn a thing or two before creating accounts on places. I've always wondered what the point of making your relationship public is. And what's the point of bragging in general? I can maybe understand it coming from teenagers... but adults? Just... why?

I got upset from seeing two people last night posting constant "I love you"'s on each other's pages. They do this everyday. Both live in the same country, they see each other all the time, so... why not just text your mate? or better yet, just tell him/her that in person? It's not the first time I see a case like this, but I name this one in particular because it's the one I see the most. I can't unfriend the person because they're a good friend of mine, I don't want to make them upset for no reason.

Maybe any of you can explain me? :idontknow:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I read that article when you posted it on fb.

Only a small percentage of my fb feed remotely resembles any of that in the slightest.

Whom you choose to be fb friends with makes all the difference.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I wouldn't call them "facebook friends", they're people I know outside of it, they don't do that outside of facebook, strangely enough.

Maybe any of you can explain me? :idontknow:

I can understand how annoying this would be - imagine if this happened in real life, in public - its a conversation that should be kept to themselves; explanation...ignorance? bad judgement?

Capsaicin

I think the obvious stuff like three updates a day saying "I love my boyfriend" or "best boyfriend ever" is kind of weird, and especially the ones where young women post photos of themselves dressed up and talk about how ugly they are, but articles like this actually just start to reek of insecurity and bitterness when quotes like this start cropping up:

Your workout -- OMG. I swear, if I have to hear about one more person sweating for four hours straight at the gym, I'm going to scream. You worked out. Good for you. Now shut up about it and let me eat my Oreos in peace.

A better question is, on a social network why shouldn't people share successes and happiness with, of all people, their friends and family? Should it be limited to opinions on television and complaints so that nobody need suffer the indignity of seeing their loved ones do well?

Is it bragging if you tell someone in person that you love your job or have really been sticking to your weight loss plan? Are you "allowed" to vent positive feelings instead of just negative ones? :idontknow:

Uhhhh, soooo, I'm really guilty of this one. I've posted the "I love my job!" or "I can't believe I actually get paid to do this!" sort of update on more than one occasion. And I apologize. It's great that I love my job, but I know not everyone loves their job. And it's not fair for me or anyone else to brag about how great their career is -- because it might make some friends feel really, really shitty about theirs. (I won't do it anymore. I promise.)

Your weight -- This isn't limited to women, because lately I've seen dudes broadcasting the number on the scale in a status update. Why on earth would you put your weight out there for people to see unless you want a pat on the back for it?

Last edited:

Kiwong

The only thing that really bothers me on facebook are endless Farmville or chefville requests that continue after I have made it clear I don't play those games.

jaim38

You could just ignore their posts or unsubscribe. People have the right to do whatever's within the rules on FB.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
The only thing that really bothers me on facebook are endless Farmville or chefville requests that continue after I have made it clear I don't play those games.

8rco.jpg

I love this ^^^ Ha ha ha "sent you a tractor"! Hey, hellhound, can you maybe send me a new tractor? Like land it in my yard instead of the house? Hate to ask, but the one I use is a 1951 model. I'll be your bestest great best friend for ever!...