I'm thinking of chopping my hair off.

superario

So, right before I started high school I went to get a haircut. It was very short. But people said it looked cute. And having short hair has its benefits because my hair is crazy and hard to manage and it's easier that way. And plus it's summer, so that's a nice way to keep fresh.

I was thinking about getting it cut short again right after school, to kind of symbolize a start and a finish, if you get me. I mean I had it super short right when I started school it only made sense that I did the same after school. I was gonna go the next day after graduation but I chickened out. Well, I was busy taking care of my injured dog but I still chickened out because I never went anyway.

Now I'm thinking about doing it again. My sister-in-law went to the college down the street where my friend is studying cosmetology/hair/etc. They do haircuts there for very cheap because they are students. Well, my dad got his hair done and lots of my friends did there too by one of my bestfriends (she's cut my hair in the past) and she cut my sister-in-law's hair really short (pixie cut) and it was really cute. But then again, she's really pretty. I said I didn't want to copy her but she said that I had it short before and it looked good and her sister, who is also going with us, is getting it short (I don't know how short though). So I asked my other friend to help me pick a style and she gave me some cute short ones and I'm honestly thinking of doing it but the thing holding me back is that I'm afraid I don't look feminine enough and will look like a boy. Or worse, a girl pretending to be a boy. :3

I'm very self-conscious, lol. So I don't know what to do. I think it'd be nice to have short hair and I'm starting college soon and I'd like a whole new look and I really wanna do it but I don't know, I'm scared.

Last night I tied my hair back to make it look like I had short hair and posted pictures on my Facebook. People said that it looked good.

BUT WHAT IF THEY'RE LYING? Lol. I really wanna look like a girl still.

::p:

I don't know. What do you all think? Have you ever done something like this?

And I can post pictures if you wanna see what I look like. Cuz I need someone else to convince that I look decent enough to do it.

Last edited:

Dr. Doom

Well I don't know, I personally like chicks with shorter hair. Buzzed even. If you think you look good with short hair though then that's all you need. Though if you have longer hair now, shorter hair will draw attention to you. Im a boy, and I cut my hair to less than a 1, but lately I've been just letting it grow.

I really wouldn't worry about it.

Remus

Staff member
220px-EmmaWatsonNov2010.jpg

What do we reckon gents? A yes?

Dr. Doom

aaah man, you are so pretty, I like your hair tied up like that, but I think it would look great cut short.

Anomaly

My honest reply, for what it's worth: it looks good, but not as good as the pictures with your hair down.

superario

So, I went and got it cut anyway. Folly TB is making me put this up here ^_^

pow.png

Hope it looks ok. It's not styled or anything, this is just after a shower.

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

So, I went and got it cut anyway. Folly TB is making me put this up here ^_^

pow.png

Hope it looks ok. It's not styled or anything, this is just after a shower.

yay!
It's a bit longer than a pixie, isn't it?
I'll bet is feels really nice in the heat-- and way easier to take care of with all the humidity.
I had hair at my mid-back when I cut it to pixie length a few years ago. Never regretted it! XD

You rock!

superario

yay!
It's a bit longer than a pixie, isn't it?
I'll bet is feels really nice in the heat-- and way easier to take care of with all the humidity.
I had hair at my mid-back when I cut it to pixie length a few years ago. Never regretted it! XD

You rock!

Yeah, my friend ended up cutting it shorter than I had first anticipated but I'm happy with the outcome. It feels nice but it also feels very strange, especially when I washed it, lol.

Thanks for the nice comment. ;D

Phoenixx

Cute! I really like it. :) It looks so lightweight and nice and cool. Great haircut for the summer!

Anomaly

How do you plan on styling it? I have to admit, you set a high standard with the initial pictures where you had your hair longer (and down), and I can't quite say that this picture reaches it. From my perspective as a heterosexual male, you were stunning with your hair longer and down (particularly the 2nd picture in the other pictures thread). You're still good-looking in this picture, though.

This has been another honest reply™ by yours truly. :)

superario

How do you plan on styling it? I have to admit, you set a high standard with the initial pictures where you had your hair longer (and down), and I can't quite say that this picture reaches it. From my perspective as a heterosexual male, you were stunning with your hair longer and down (particularly the 2nd picture in the other pictures thread). You're still good-looking in this picture, though.

This has been another honest reply™ by yours truly. :)

I suppose I don't have many options as far as styling goes, lol. The good thing about this haircut is that it will grow back eventually! I still appreciate the honesty though.