Im starting to get scared.

jonas89

So last year I was introduced at school the possibilities on studying in a different country or in my neighbourhood country Denmark.
I found it so fascinating going to another country and study there, life experience and in a way maybe a new start in life. So I said that I will graduate from school which I did last December.
Now I have to start to fill out the application for it for the semester that starts in August,,
But here is the thing that is making me scared,,,

First: That I have never gone abroad and I really not sure how to manage all these things that I have to get done before going and when there, even tho there is enough time and I still haven't got a confirmation that Im going.

Second: Is that if I get in and everything, Im scared that I will just skip going because I'll get to scared to go haha

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Do you really want to go? Or not? It's going to be harder than the easy option (not to do it), but if you want to do it, just make sure you commit to it 100%, do the best you can and don't let fear make you fail - if you do that, in the end you can only be proud of yourself.

jonas89

Do you really want to go? Or not? It's going to be harder than the easy option (not to do it), but if you want to do it, just make sure you commit to it 100%, do the best you can and don't let fear make you fail - if you do that, in the end you can only be proud of yourself.

I really want to go, I have been thinking about for about an year now. I guess of course it's normal to be scared but I also scared that I will just bail out,, I want to to this I know it will be worth it in the end,,, but it will just be so hard to get that ball rolling.

Dark angel

Hi Jonas! How are you?!? Listen, you've being talking about this studying abroad gig for a while and you've always sounded excited. Don't let your fears get you down. Besides I think is better for you to experience it first hand and if you have the opportunity to go, do it. If they accept you and you decide not to go because of your feel afraid, you might end up feeling regret by missing something that could be a great for you and your future. Is better to do something even if it doesn't go as planned and later on say," ok, I tried and even of I didn't like it at least I did what I had to" instead of not going, and be like "if only I would've gone to study over there my life could have been different." Believe me, same thing happened to me when I was studying, I missed a lot of opportunities and now I'm wondering where or how my situation now would be if only I wasn't so scared on trying new experiences. If you get accepted, DON'T DOUBT GOING. For better or for worse your gonna learn new things that will get you somewhere else in life. This could be next path for your career or a way to decide if what your gonna study is for you or it isn't. As I see it, is a double win situation :) And it is perfectly normal to be scared of the unknown or things we dont understand but once you go over that other country and time goes by, you'll feel more comfortable... :) It is better to say I tried it and I succeeded (or failed at it but I'm still standing) than saying If only I would've have take action back then...

jonas89

Hi Jonas! How are you?!? Listen, you've being talking about this studying abroad gig for a while and you've always sounded excited. Don't let your fears get you down. Besides I think is better for you to experience it first hand and if you have the opportunity to go, do it. If they accept you and you decide not to go because of your feel afraid, you might end up feeling regret by missing something that could be a great for you and your future. Is better to do something even if it doesn't go as planned and later on say," ok, I tried and even of I didn't like it at least I did what I had to" instead of not going, and be like "if only I would've gone to study over there my life could have been different." Believe me, same thing happened to me when I was studying, I missed a lot of opportunities and now I'm wondering where or how my situation now would be if only I wasn't so scared on trying new experiences. If you get accepted, DON'T DOUBT GOING. For better or for worse your gonna learn new things that will get you somewhere else in life. This could be next path for your career or a way to decide if what your gonna study is for you or it isn't. As I see it, is a double win situation :) And it is perfectly normal to be scared of the unknown or things we dont understand but once you go over that other country and time goes by, you'll feel more comfortable... :) It is better to say I tried it and I succeeded (or failed at it but I'm still standing) than saying If only I would've have take action back then...

Ohh thank you Angel,, that is something I really needed to hear.. I might even read this a few times..
I know I can't let a fear go in my way,, : ) this is just so overwhelming.. like finding a place to stay,, new ppl,, language and culture.. really tough studies,, Im kinda afraid of them because I really want to succeed in those.
I'll just have to go and see what happens : ) thank you.

nodejesque

Hi jonas... I completely understand your excitement and nervousness. Im going through something similar where I had to go to a training in a different country and my self doubt was making me question what I had worked so hard for. I have issues about myself, but ultimately I had nothing to loose so I completed a training in Costa Rica as part of my graduate work and psrticipation in an organization . One of the best decisions I've ever made. Although now I continue to struggle with the same anxiety and issues as before, I was able to accomplish some of my goal. I say go for it and submerge yourself in something new. It is definitely an experience :)

jonas89

Hi jonas... I completely understand your excitement and nervousness. Im going through something similar where I had to go to a training in a different country and my self doubt was making me question what I had worked so hard for. I have issues about myself, but ultimately I had nothing to loose so I completed a training in Costa Rica as part of my graduate work and psrticipation in an organization . One of the best decisions I've ever made. Although now I continue to struggle with the same anxiety and issues as before, I was able to accomplish some of my goal. I say go for it and submerge yourself in something new. It is definitely an experience :)

That is nice to hear,, this is really encouraging to hear.. Im glad that you went and finished it :)
I sorry to hear that your anxiety is still in the way :/ I hope you will find away to cope with it soon.