I'm so embarrassed

hangbi92

Sorry for my bad English but here's my problem:
Today I skipped the third period at school to go home and then I went to school for period 4. The third period today started later than usual, and therefore ended later than usual, but because I skipped it so I didnt know about that. So when I came to school for period 4 it was actually still period 3. My period 4 was English so I came to the English class and... I walked in the class and everyone was staring at me. I realized they were not my classmates. Then they started laughing. I went out to check wether the classroom number was right and wrong, and I found it right. So I walked in again and ask the teacher. And The English teacher who taught me everyday was not here so I had to ask this sub-teacher. I was so nervous and my English was not good (because Im an international student), so the way I talked to her was very retarded. She looked at me as if I was an alien or sth. ANd everyone was laughing. I felt humiliated. Then I walked out the class waiting outside foe the third period to end and felt so embarrassed. I could hear they discuss about me when I left the classroom. They probably thought I was retarded or mentally disabled. I wanted to disappear from this place right away.
When the third period finally ended, the students left the classroom and looked at me, while I blushed and stood rooted to the spot. The whole fourth period I sat in my seat like a lost soul. And now I go home and all I can think about is that humiliating moment. Its like a video tape that I have replayed many times in my brain. I cannot think of anything else. I dont why things I remember the most are always bad things like this.
I still feel so embarrassed right now. I feel so down. Im afraid of going to school tomorrow, afraid that I will meet the students in the English class today.
This is my problem I want to share with you. I hope you can understand what I wrote

I did something like that, enter the wrong class, i was walking and looking down while everyone went to classroom '2' I entered '1' and the teacher said you're supposed to be there, they laughed and i did as if i did it on purpose and just laughed with them, I always laugh in these kind of situations, don't make a serious face...

Don't be afraid to go to school tomorrow, its not like a big event they'll forever remember, it's you making it look like that!

black-wings

First off congrats on the English:) understood everything you're talking about.

Unfortunately embarrassing, awkward moments like that happen sometimes but the good thing is, you're not alone. They happen to us all and most often its forgotten within a few days.

Go to school tomorrow and keep your head up and ignore those brats that laugh at you. :) I know its easy for me to sit here and say that but trust me, been there before. Keep on moving forward my friend!

Shy_Gurl2007

You are not alone. I do these kind of things all the time LOL. At work, I once walked into a full room of people, sat down, and prepared to do my training. I seriously thought I was in the right place, but I wasn't. It took the teacher five minutes before telling me so. I wanted to die, but I just shook it off, and went back to working. Don't let those kids get to you. I'm sure they have done something to embarrass themselves. Don't let them win! :)

hangbi92

Thank you all :). U guys make me feel better and have some courage to go to school tomorrow. Hope I have a good sleep tonight :D

they laughed and i did as if i did it on purpose and just laughed with them, I always laugh in these kind of situations, don't make a serious face...!

I wish I could be like you, but whenever I am put into an embarrassing situation all I can feel is nervousness. I feel like crying more than laughing. But thanks for your advice, I will try to learn it
First off congrats on the English:) understood everything you're talking about

Heh thanks, I have to use the dictionary when writing this. My writing is a bit better than speaking
You are not alone. I do these kind of things all the time LOL. At work, I once walked into a full room of people, sat down, and prepared to do my training. I seriously thought I was in the right place, but I wasn't. It took the teacher five minutes before telling me so. I wanted to die, but I just shook it off, and went back to working. Don't let those kids get to you. I'm sure they have done something to embarrass themselves. Don't let them win! :)
Thank you. U are sure braver than me

I have so many embarrassing school stories. I have fainted at school, thrown up at school, been in a wheelchair, got in the wrong persons car, stayed in the wrong class....who does that??? oh it's endless....

Thank you. I have many embarrassing school stories too. And what is bad about me is that I take them all seriously, while normal people can easily ignore those kind of things.

jaypee06

i went to uni once with my polo shirt inside out -_-;; ... uni-frickin-versity

what's your mother language anyway? i think it's natural for people to find it humurous when people, who arent fluent in their language, make obvious errors... if i were you i'd tell myself not to worry too much if others make a joke at my expense, so long as theyre decent enough to correct me once theyre done laughing

i was reading through a quotes thread here before and this one would be quite handy to keep in mind:

"You wouldnt worry about what people think of you if you knew how little time they spent doing it" -- Charles Rushton

dont let it disrupt your schooling and pressure you into skipping class

they probably wont even remember it happened. and the more u think about it the worse ull feel..i know its hard, believe me i do..but when u think about them laughing at u and u being an idiot they win, and rtemember kids are pretty immature, they ARE JUST LOOKING FOR REASONS TO LAUGH!
whenever someone knocks on our school dorr everyone is ready to do smthg.. its normal..
and just think: in a couple of months my english will be perfect(its great now)..
good luck :)

hangbi92

i went to uni once with my polo shirt inside out -_-;; ... uni-frickin-versity

what's your mother language anyway? i think it's natural for people to find it humurous when people, who arent fluent in their language, make obvious errors... if i were you i'd tell myself not to worry too much if others make a joke at my expense, so long as theyre decent enough to correct me once theyre done laughing

i was reading through a quotes thread here before and this one would be quite handy to keep in mind:

"You wouldnt worry about what people think of you if you knew how little time they spent doing it" -- Charles Rushton

dont let it disrupt your schooling and pressure you into skipping class
Hey thanks for your advice and the quote
My mother language is Vietnamese.
The problem is the students i mentioned were not my classmate, and the sub-teacher were there instead of the main teacher, so they probably didnt know that im international. Based on the way they looked at me, I think they would think of me as an idiot or a crazy guy rather than a person with language problem. And language is only a small aspect of my problem. The important thing was my akwardness and anxiety when I was in a crowd. The fact was that I suffered from quite severe social anxiety disorder since I was in Vietnam, so Im sure language has few things to do with my nervousness. My SAD has developed to the point that my fear is so big that my mind goes blank and my body becomes stiff when Im around people. I completely lose control of myself in these situation, so I think your advice wont work for me. I mean I seriously have a psychosis, and I need some form of treatment to get better. I cannot get better only by changing my attitude.
Recently I have ask school counsellor for help, and they will arrange me a therapist. I hope it will help me.
Thank you though

hangbi92

they probably wont even remember it happened. and the more u think about it the worse ull feel..i know its hard, believe me i do..but when u think about them laughing at u and u being an idiot they win, and rtemember kids are pretty immature, they ARE JUST LOOKING FOR REASONS TO LAUGH!
whenever someone knocks on our school dorr everyone is ready to do smthg.. its normal..
and just think: in a couple of months my english will be perfect(its great now)..
good luck :)
Thank u Chained but my problem is not simple like that
As I mentioned above, Language is just a very small aspect that causes my anxiety. I have severe SAD.
And they are not kids. Im 18 already, and they are probably 17 I think. They are mature enough to know what they r laughing about
Thank you anyway Chained :)

Why

dont sweat it! we've all been (and i bet the majority of humans) have been in those awkward situations

lyricalliaisons

I completely understood everything that you wrote. Your English is much better than you think it is. I can completely relaate, though, because I've had similar things happen to me on more than one occasion. When I was in the seventh grade, it happened a LOT because I wasn't used to changing classes & was often late for classes or in the wrong classes altogether. Even now, in college, I still have that problem sometimes.

I'm sure it's a bigger deal to you than it was to the rest of them & they probably won't even remember by tomorrow/the next time you have your classes. Try to relax about the ordeal & I hope you feel better soon :)

hangbi92

I completely understood everything that you wrote. Your English is much better than you think it is. I can completely relaate, though, because I've had similar things happen to me on more than one occasion. When I was in the seventh grade, it happened a LOT because I wasn't used to changing classes & was often late for classes or in the wrong classes altogether. Even now, in college, I still have that problem sometimes.

I'm sure it's a bigger deal to you than it was to the rest of them & they probably won't even remember by tomorrow/the next time you have your classes. Try to relax about the ordeal & I hope you feel better soon :)
Thank u lyricalliaison. Im feeling better now
BTW, I was late many times because I had to wait for everyone to be in the class so that I could comfortably walk in the hall. So weird.

Ravens

I would never of guessed English wasn't your first language from your typing... always amazed at how many non-native speakers are able to handle English so well... put us to shame ::p:
I can totally relate to your story, and I've had similar experiences. Just try not to let it stir in your mind, just be glad it's over. I always have the tendency to let those kinds of instances to repeat in my mind, when really everyone else has already forgotten about it.
Anyway, glad you're feeling better about it now.:)