I'm Feeling very low, fed up with no hope?

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I dont have any friends i could talk to. Old friends that contact me constantly want to know how i am and 'what i've been up to' and its a really hard question to answer.
Maybe at least one is asking because they actually care, and if so you could tell them the truth and go from there?

Lorraine Manca

for me 17 and 18 were the hardest years. figuring out a direction in life from scratch is enough to make anyone feel like crap. you'll figure out what you're interested in at college and everything will be alright. the hardest part is having a complete blank in your future, but it wont always be like that. i wish you the best

Eam

If there is one thing I could advise others on with our problems at your age xxaimsxx, it's to try your best not to let the things you haven't done stop you from feeling equal to others. I did that at your age and it meant that I did a lot of avoiding, which exacerbated my problems.

I wish you the very best, I'm sure you have a lot of happiness to come.

anomicdeer

I have nothing... and not much is happening to me.
I have two more options. If those don't work out...
I don't know what else will.

agoraphobickatie

aw xxaimsxx =/ sounds like you're just stuck in a rut, need a change of pace, ya know?
surely college will bring something new for you, you should try to be excited about the future and decide what you want to make of it, because it's truly up to you. there will be different people in college, and even if you don't get up the courage to make friends on day one, the new environment and challenge of classes will get your mind working, give you something to do, focus on, and strive for. look at the challenges you're facing as experiments.. you don't have to do everything perfect, you don't have to live up to anyone but yourself. just be as positive as you can and look forward to your future with excitement.. you can build your confidence by doing productive things. even small things day to day, set little goals and allow yourself to feel accomplished by doing them.

whatever you do, just don't lose hope and don't give up, you're young and have tons of time to live and learn. stay positive and keep your head up. best wishes to you :)

xxaimsxx

Thanks guys. All really nice replies. :)
Im in two minds about college. About 80% scared and 20% curious..

Kat

Yeah, you never know until you try and it's better to try, and if it's not for you, you can move onto something else, whilst you still have time.

xxaimsxx

Yeah i guess because it is full of people you can atleast find a few people like you. Heres hoping anyways. I always hated school but i wont know about college until i try eh?
Thankyou :)

agoraphobickatie

Yeah i guess because it is full of people you can atleast find a few people like you. Heres hoping anyways. I always hated school but i wont know about college until i try eh?
Thankyou :)

i always hated school, too.. it was hell! but i loved college, and i want to go back as soon as i feel ready. being nervous about college is nothing new at all, most people are nervous about new things, anyway.. they just react differently than we do, it's easier for them to just cope and get through it, that's all. it's okay to be nervous, and at least you're still a little curious, too.. that's good! it's much different than high school, i hope you like it more! :)