i'm always nervous!

nervous_95

Whenever someone walks by me i'm nervous. sometimes during school in some of my classes, I'll suddenly start feeling very nervous, even though I have no reason to. I'll start to cover my face, or touch my hands to my face. Not sure if anyone even notices when i'm nervous. I get nervous when I have to walk up to someone that's watching me walk up to them. When i'm nervous sometimes i will start twitching my head or looking all around! I hate looking nervous on the streets because it makes me look like i'm up to no good. On those chatting webcam websites, when i'm nervous, I watch myself but don't even notice any changes in my face when i'm nervous. I am very nervous around pretty women to. I am just so awkward. in school whenever someone near me gets called on, all the heads get turned in my general direction, and i start feeling really, really, really nervous. When iI touch my hand to my face, it kind of relieves me of my nervousness for the mean while. i can't stand quiet rooms where people are just sitting their not making a peep, it makes me suddenly get nervous. I also can't stand how some of my class rooms are set up like 50-50 where half the class is facing the other half. I am always nervous walking into buildings late, where everyone is already their. My dad kind of makes fun of me about it, like when i'm at the grocery store, my dad says well what are you waiting for, give here the money(when she's not even ready for the money yet) and I almost wan't to cry. My dad is constantly dragging me places I don't wan't to go. I don't like being out in the open. But when i'm doing my hobby like fly fishing, i'm never nervous, I talk to everyone and anyone i can who is fishing with out getting nervous. Sometimes when my mom tells me i'm being weird out loud(i go mom, shut up in an angry voice, people can here you.). or when ever my mom says something (it doesn't matter what too loud) i get paranoid and hide around corners, or start walking around the opposite direction. whenever i'm in a car or vehicle and someone pulls up to me on the street in their car while i'm in mine i get nervous, even when their just driving past me. When i'm riding my bike home from school, and i see a cop driving past, I get so freakin nervous, even when i haven't done anything wrong. I go out of my way, just to avoid confrontations with people. If i see someone in front of me, i'll walk around or go the opposite way. like I said, I'm not even sure if people notice when i'm nervous or doing these kinds of things, it might just be me being paranoid. :idontknow: does anyone else have these kinds of problems? I am so tired of it, I just wan't to be normal. I don't remember being nervous when I was younger (now i'm almost 18), I remember I used to get in trouble for talking too much, i used to hang out with the wrong crowds and be getting in trouble all the time. It seems that it started when I was in eigth grade(wasn't that nervous) and progressed to be worse and worse throughout the years. I feel like i'm retarded,when i'm getting all nervous when someones trying to talk to me. It seems that now i'm nervous with family members, which I wasn't all like that before. :kickingmyself: :idontknow: Now i'm in my senior year in high school, and I can't even remember the last time I wen't grocery shopping with my mom. Now when my school is having social events, during classes. I just make it fact to say home that day. I can't even stare someone in the eyes more than 5 seconds without looking down or away and feeling very nervous. everything with me is just so awkward!:kickingmyself:

FriendlyShadow

Hey, it sounds like you and I have somewhat of a resemblance of your anxiety and backgrounds. Please, please, please(and I try to remind everyone about this if they will listen to me carefully) don't think that there is something wrong with you or that you have to fit into everyone what they consider of the norms. It's natural that you feel scared around others you're not close with or have become unattached with. The only help I can give you is if you can ask your parents to take you to a therapist or something(I know it's not the best piece of advice I can offer) however, there are asmr videos(alot of them you can google) and listen to the videos to see if they can relax you. Sorry, people don't understand you as you want them to. Your dad should learn to help you with your problems rather than teasing you and encouraging the problem to rise worse. I wish you best of luck.

FriendlyShadow

Also, maybe you can meditate or do yoga. It might relieve some of the tension from yourself and the mind. Do you do stretches as well? You can listen to calm peaceful music on the internet.

Last edited:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
You just described me when I was your age ... (it kills me to say that...)
Now I'm 10 years older than you, and I'm doing pretty well. I think the important is that even if all these things make you anxious, you don't use it as an excuse for anything. You can't let it stop you from doing anything. You seem to be doing ok so far, so don't let the anxiety drag you down. If people seem to be laughing at you, try to let it go, you'll do better next time. Or next year.

Also, would you say you are over sensitive and experience stomach pain and/or brain fog on a regular basis? I know it sounds completely out of the subject, but I swear there is a link. :p

Kiwong

You're not alone in your fear.

I couldn't walk past people who I thought were watching me. Didn't help that in high school children used to follow and tease my walk.

Pretty women also strike fear into my heart. I was staying at a hotel with two drop dead gorgeous ladies in jump suits serving on the counter. I was so frightened of making a fool of myself. That was last year and now I am 50 years of age.

I hate supermarket check outs, airport check in counters, banks. Anywhere I have to exchange things by hand. I always have to use the auto check out.

I was also nervous with family this Christmas, even my sister and cousins. I can't relax with anyone.

I am also at peace with my solitary hobbies, running and photography.

There's no answer but to keep fighting. I keep trying and sometimes I win.

Last edited:

Gerard

You have lack of confidence and facing some depressed conditions.
You need to handle your this nervousness to be confident.
Meat people, participate the discussion with people, play some sports, also do some exercise to control your nervousness.

Last edited:

jaim38

I'm nervous too especially when people are looking at me. I feel so much pressure to not act weird or mess up in public.

FriendlyShadow

You see, I disagree with statements like these being said. I'm not trying to offend to the person who posted this, but to gain confidence even when people are teasing you for it is not the solution to help the problem go away. The person who made this thread has to surrround herself around good/caring people who'll understand(and unfortunately there are too many phonies and jerks that are in this world so that plan is out of the way.) The only thing that can help to naturally relax is to just listen to peaceful sound effects on the computer(raining, crickets churpping, ect) I forget what what those sites are called, but it may help to ease tension. Like I said in a few previous posts, you cannot immediatley expect yourself to gain confidence while others treat you like garbage.