If you could read thoughts..

vanillabear

Hypothetically, if for one full day you were offered the ability to be able to read the thoughts of everyone you see, talk to, encounter, etc. would you do it?

I'll clarify.. I mean that this would be a passive ability, so it requires no effort on your part - the thoughts would just flow into your head.

Just curious :)

KiaKaha

Banned
Yes I would. And it would confirm everything that I suspect. Besides - all of us can read minds to a certain extent.

Or I could not just care and be at peace and all of that garbage - but where is the fun in that?

Last edited:

Lamb

Yes, to see if my hypotheses prove correct. The curiosity outweighs potential negative outcomes. I think I could manage for one day.

ImNotMyIllness

NO! You wouldn't learn as much as you think you would. A lot of times we say things in our head that we don't mean.

Now, instead of reading cluttered minds. I would prefer to be able to read people's hearts and their intentions.

laure15

NO! You wouldn't learn as much as you think you would. A lot of times we say things in our head that we don't mean.

Now, instead of reading cluttered minds. I would prefer to be able to read people's hearts and their intentions.

I'm with you on this. Sometimes I have songs stuck in my head on rewind even though I don't even like those songs. We are not our thoughts.

PerseverareJasmine

No, I feel like it would be too overwhelming to constantly have everyone's thoughts flowing into my head and not being able to be selective about it.

sazz

Yes. I'd love to know what people think about me as opposed to what they say to my face.

WeirdyMcGee

For *one* day?

... yes.

I know that what I 'believe' people are thinking in my mind is probably not what they're thinking at all and it might help my confidence a little to know that no one is actually glaring at the back of my head and planning how to knife me while no one is looking.