Ideal way other person should be for you to be confortable

sevenroses

What would be the ideal way the other person should act in order for you to be comfortable at his or her presence?

Confuseddd

I would want the person to be genuinely caring and nice and have some compassion as well. I like those qualitys in a person.

Minty

Don't say anything to make me feel self conscious. Ask a lot of questions to draw me into conversation. If I talk a lot, I'll lose myself in that conversation and I'll be less anxious.

I have a friend who I care about dearly XD but she likes to tease me when I stumble over words. She laughs when I'm feeling nervous and don't follow social cues because she was raised in a household where everyone laughed to get over their problems and it's her natural response. But it makes me feel so SELF CONSCIOUS and I hate it.

She's also the type that gets very involved in conversations because they excite her. She talks over me sometimes...which makes me give up completely. x3

Looking_in105

I sort of get uncomfortable when some is acting nice towards me. I guess I think "why are they being nice to me", "do they want to use me". Sometimes I prefer it if they are being frank and honest, otherwise I feel there is pressure to keep them acting nice towards me.

UnOccupied

I like a talkitive person who i feel is not judging. This is interesting actually, i just realized that i am very reserved when i feel others are judging me. Truth is, who cares what others think, why would i let the thoughts of others get under my skin? It's most likely i am exaggerating their negative point of views, and i am probably not nearly as important to them as my anxiety makes it out to be.

Oh, but if someone understand my humor the first time i try to be funny, that is like an automatic i will be your best friend ahhaa.

Snowdrop

A very interesting question. I'd like the person to be quite loud but not too loud, very friendly, not look bored at what I'm saying, I have to get this 'vibe' that they're not judging me (even though normally no one probably judges me it's just all in my head). because I'm none of those things. Also, it'd help if they think what I say is worth listening to, eg. laugh at my humour etc.

LazyHermitCrab

Someone friendly but, not loud who does most of the talking. Dependable, fun, isn't a slob, sensitive but not over the top, likes to go out and understands I don't like crowds, patient....that would be nice well i have one friend who's pretty close to this :)

3lefts

Open minded, slightly self-focused, talkative, upbeat and thought provoking.
If they're not talkative, I'll be more likely to talk because I don't want to the person to be uncomfortable. Which makes me uncomfortable..
And if they are slightly self focused it gives me the room I need to keep to myself.
I've basically just described my best-friend, which makes sense because she is the only person I've ever been comfortable around hah :D

DespairSoul

I will love to have some one witty around me,who can make me smile anytime if im upset.
Some crayzy like me. Totally not to much high self-esteem just healthy one.
Perceiving to my issues. Imaginative,strong nerves on my moods,calm and clearminded that she/he knows what she/he want from live reach. Just positive person opposite of me.