i wanna know how do you guys act when you talk to someone?

just wanna b normal

in person or in a group? like whats goin on thru yur mind? you get tense? heart pounding? scared? mind start wandering? are you quiet or do you speak yur mind?

Confuseddd

if im with close friends i am usually at ease. with people that i dont know im on edge.. I dont usually know what to say, and i get awkward. Whats going through my mind? Is he/she judging me? do they think im weird? do they notice im anxious as hell? you know..

EscapeArtist

My thoughts just...disappear in public. So I don't have anything going through my mind.. or that I notice... that's one of the big problems. Suddenly no thoughts, out of fear. My face goes really tense and I feel like it's solid/unmovable, body gets restless/shakey, mouth goes dry, I sit very enclosed or stand with my arms crossed... I am usually quiet, but I will speak my mind every now and then. Don't know where to look.

just wanna b normal

if im with close friends i am usually at ease. with people that i dont know im on edge.. I dont usually know what to say, and i get awkward. Whats going through my mind? Is he/she judging me? do they think im weird? do they notice im anxious as hell? you know..

thats good let it all out. so you can analyze yourself & know the problem & find a solution. just start thinking postive stop thinking so negative love & accept yourself for who you are f**k what they think! checc out my other post on how to cure social anxiety! :)

Forgotten-Children

We if I don't know the person that well then I'm very quiet around them unless I have to talk to them and I usually stutter.

However if I know the person well, then I can talk to them pretty well.. unless they're yelling at me, then I just can't get any words out even though I have a lot to say. It's more fear of what the other person will say because I don't want them to get any more angry at me. (I don't like arguing with people because I end up always losing because of my timidness)

Minty

Extremely self-conscious. Like, so focused on my body language and my voice that I stop paying attention to the other person and how I should reply to them. I love people to death but I hate socializing with them because it's just...not fun. I hate being self-conscious.

:(

Kinetik

I tend to rehearse some things (in my mind) that I want to say ahead of time. I'll try to anticipate the situation and figure out what is likely to come up in the conversation. This is especially true if I have to deal with a company, or someone in an official capacity. Usually that's fairly easy to do because you know that it's going to be all business and you can stick to the facts or what needs doing.

Socially, it's a lot harder to predict what's going to happen. More often than not, I'll stick with being unobtrusive and polite where possible, and interjecting a little every so often so people don't think I'm mute. It also helps for me to be at least a little tipsy, or to have things to fiddle with - which is why I'll occasionally check my mobile phone or smoke a cigarette. Anything to break up the time into manageable chunks, I suppose.

My thoughts just...disappear in public. So I don't have anything going through my mind.. or that I notice... that's one of the big problems. Suddenly no thoughts, out of fear. My face goes really tense and I feel like it's solid/unmovable, body gets restless/shakey, mouth goes dry, I sit very enclosed or stand with my arms crossed... I am usually quiet, but I will speak my mind every now and then. Don't know where to look.

You describe this so well; this is me at my worst. A blank mind in a job interview doesn't go down well.

takethislife

If i'm really anxious my mind goes:
Please God let me survive this please God let me survive this... and on and on
Seriously