I think im getting better

ShyBeliever

Two weeks ago I decided to take some action to fight my depressive mood. The only thing i need is just good discipline.

1 - I go now to the gym 4 times per week (Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat) - I have a work-out plan made by the instructor that helps me keeping motivated. I just dont need to interact with any people besides the eventual help by the instructor. Gym is a safe place for a social phobic.

2 - I started taking one multivitaminic pill everyday (Centrum). I dont know if i really need it but the whole concept of putting together all the vitamins we need daily in the right dosage makes sense to me. Maybe i have some kind of ineffeciency in my diet that makes me tired and transform me in a slow thinker and consequently makes me affraid of talking to people.

3 -Everyday and before going to bed i have 30 minutes of meditation. Actually i listen to a cd of self-hypnosis made by Paul Mckenna (that came with the book "Instant confidence"). I think self-hypnosis is similar to meditation with the addition of the possible NLP benefits (i say possible because NLP is not a totally recognized method by the medical community). Anyway the benefits of meditation are certain and science is now discovering why:

The Benefits of Meditation | Psychology Today

Never felt so calm and happy. I think these new additions in my daily routine are capable of changing me as a person. Maybe is just placebo dont know but i i´ve been feeling different and people are noticing :)

Last edited:

Confuseddd

Thats great!
I use the gym as a resource as well. I was using meditation awhile back but I only got so far because my mind likes to go on auto-pilot. I would have loved to be able to get into a habit of meditation as the little bit I had done made me noticably more clear minded. Multi vitamins are great as well, I just feel healthier after taking them :)
Congratulations man, I hope all stays well for you!

agoraphobickatie

wow, i'm really glad reading this :) those seem like solid and healthy practices to incorporate into your life no matter what issues you may face! i've been taking multivitamins for a while now, too and it just seems to make sense to take them, it can't hurt! although i need to start taking something for my immune system now, too.. i work with kids and keep getting cold after cold after cold! lol

waine

thats great news well done. i tried meditation for 40 minutes a day for 3 months but found it didnt do anything for me really. Also i tried working out and got strong which did help a little.

The LostOne

Its great to hear your doing well and making an effort to put yourself out there, I think that really helps, good luck and stick with it.