I obviously don't have SA???

user12053

I read a subject thats in the top ten. Some one saying those who posted pictures in the "post picture tread" and have a girlfriend/boyfriend obviously dont suffer from SA. THANK GOD!! Now I don't have SA anymore. Problem sovled!

Christ, somebody indeedly doent know that there are severel types of SA. Mine contains the problem that I can't funktion in groups of people. What the heck does that have to do with having a girlfriend or boyfriend and posting your pic???? Let me know!

lyricalliaisons

Whoever said that was wrong, you're right. While I've never heard of different types (though, I guess I could be wrong) of SA, there are different severity's. Mine is of the most severe (never in my life dated anyone & I'm 26 :oops: & on & on....), but those like you, who are able to function better, certainly aren't exempt from having SA.

A lot of people who have it more severely think that all people who don't have it as severely, obviously don't have it. I'm not one of those. But it also happens the other way around (more often, I think); those who are more able to function in their everyday lives, think those like me are nut-cases who need to "get over" their fear & just live their lives.

Anyway.... whoever that person was, they obviously didn't know what they were talking about.

:)

user12053

Well, my English is not that good :S I might have meant "server" instead of types, but I'm sure you know what I meant :)

lyricalliaisons

Yeah, I did...

Your English seems pretty good to me, though. I understood everything you said (or so I think I did lol). :)

Helyna

Thank you! I was going to respond to that thread, but all I could think of to say was along the lines of "what the HECK...?" I don't understand it at all! Okay, so some boys think I'm good-looking, so I will naturally feel comfortable around my girl friends and, of course, those boys! No, it doesn't work like that!

JonnyD

really that's not that big deal, he just said that he find hard to belive that people as good looking as those who posted their pics have SA, i admit that's the wrong mindset.

Remus

Staff member
ZumasZika said:
I read a subject thats in the top ten. Some one saying those who posted pictures in the "post picture tread" and have a girlfriend/boyfriend obviously dont suffer from SA. THANK GOD!! Now I don't have SA anymore. Problem sovled!

Yes its true, this person is one of the worlds leading psychiatrists! They know exactly what they are tlaking about :lol:

I agree! Makes me so annoyed that people who have one sort of SA start judging other people who have different problems to them, and saying we don't have SA. What the hell do they know? They only know about THEIR case of SA, not mine, and not yours.
Why in the world would I say I have SA if I don't?! People should make sure they are fully informed before they start judging other people's cases.
Yar!

Hylke

ZumasZika said:

Christ, somebody indeedly doent know that there are severel types of SA. Mine contains the problem that I can't funktion in groups of people. What the heck does that have to do with having a girlfriend or boyfriend and posting your pic???? Let me know!

Oh god are we going to bring this up again. Yes that was my thread and if you'd have read it properly you'd know that I was asking why these people have SA or if they even had it because it was so different from my own situation (I can hardly look in the mirror, or look in the mirror for hours wondering what is wrong with me depending on my mood).

Try to read please instead of looking to find a scapegoat bully that's supposed to be out to get you. Most of this board seems to consist of people taking their anxiousness way too seriously. Oh boohoo you can't function in groups, now please don't let anyone question your situation because you are too fragile!

Grow up! Yes we all have our problems. Some have it bad, other not so bad (and reading this board I realised that I really don't have it all that bad). Labeling anxiousness APD, SA, SP or even the most pretentious of mental illnesses; autism, doesn't make us special or wonderfull people and we certainly can't use it as a shield; help! I can't function in society because I have SA!!!

Sure some people may never recover, suffer severe panic attacks in public situations, affraid to even leave the house, they are brave even to try and do small things like grocery shopping.

But it dawns upon me that this board is just like all the other self help boards. Full of 14-year olds pretending to have a mental illness just to feel special. Maybe you aren't one of those, but if you are beautifull, have a boyfriend (or in other words an actual, possibly sexual, relation with another human being) and suffer from nothing more severe than group anxiety than you will be fine. SA is not a severe mental illness, it is pretty normal.

Maybe you didn't deserve this rant, and I'm sorry for it. But this was just frustration build up by the people on this forum, by the people on the internet, who think are somehow handicapped just because they don't have great social skills.

Don't take yourself so fucking seriously. You are nothing better than any of the bullies we hate so much or any of the normal people. We are all grey and normal except for those who achieve. SA hinders our achievement and therefore makes us more normal, more dull. Read my other thread about laughing your anxiousness away! It really helps not to treat yourself like a little baby that can't help pooping its pants.

Now I'll just wait for the shitstorm of people who completely miss my point either because they don't want to understand it or just stopped reading after one sentence and filled in the rest themselves. I don't fucking care, go ahead prove me right.

I agree with some points you make. I have no interest in arguing or starting a "shitstorm" as you say. I think you could have gone about explaining it in a more peaceable manner, however.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and how they choose to perceive their own situation. I honestly don't see this thread as progressive or productive in any manner more than wanting to drudge one another through the mud.

Best of luck and wishes to everyone involved in growing and working through their own circumstances. If someone happens to state something you disagree with, just disregard it and move on. This is all pretty trivial.

Best regards,
-WaryAdversary

JonnyD_

OH SHUT UP EVERYONE, AT LEAST UNTIL YOU ARE ADULT ENOUGHT TO DON'T TURN IT INTO ANOTHER FLAMEWAR LIKE THAT ONE IN THE PICS TREAT!

now that you've read my yells please read the post right before this message to a completelly sane and inteligent answer, thank you :)

JonnyD_ said:
OH SHUT UP EVERYONE, AT LEAST UNTIL YOU ARE ADULT ENOUGHT TO DON'T TURN IT INTO ANOTHER FLAMEWAR LIKE THAT ONE IN THE PICS TREAT!

now that you've read my yells please read the post right before this message to a completelly sane and inteligent answer, thank you :)

That's very kind of you. Thank you. :)

Always nice to get a shout out hear and there. just don't make it a habit. Hah. No need to start insulting one another though. ^_^

Have a good evening.

-Wary

Helyna

Okay, I still don't get it. But JohnnyD is right. No more flame wars. We weren't as nice as we should have been - and we all know how awful that feels for people with SA, so we have no excuse.
I say we drop it here.

user12053

The reason I posted this subject was because I just do not get it, and maybe I could get some answers so I would get it.

Thanks for your respons :)

Maybe it's jealousy? I can honestly say that from hard work and commitment I have been able to feel fairly comfortable talking to someone just one-on-one. But I still am so scared of being in groups that it's not even funny!!! But I know that there are people who can't even talk to people one-on-one or anything (I used to be like that). And I think if I was still like that I'd be looking at people who can at least hold and/or attempt to start a conversation and thinking "They can't possibly have SA".

Since I've been in the extreme and now I'm not quite as extreme but still have social anxiety say I can say that (for me) it was jealousy, and I still look at people who are doing better than me but say they have social anxiety and I get jealous. I don't mean to but it's true..

ZumasZika said:
The reason I posted this subject was because I just do not get it, and maybe I could get some answers so I would get it.

Thanks for your respons :)

Now, this would have been a much better way of going about starting the thread than going on the attack. It doesn't make people want to respond or provide meaningful answers, because all the post seemed to warrant were people speaking in kind not as an answer, but as a collective slap against who you feel wronged you.

Earnestly, the best thing you can do when you are in a position of anger or indignation is to find a way to either shrug it off or keep it to yourself until it wears off. All it did was make the fellow feel even more hostile in his own mindset and position, not helping anyone.

Obviously people have varying degrees of SA. Just like people have varying degrees of opinion.

Sometimes it's best to just let things drop. This conflict being one of those things.

-Wary

lmaoatyou

about boyfriend and girfriends

i have had boyfriends before, and i i find it is helpful for me, and it brings me more out of my shell, and gives me more experience.
Although, ive had boyfriends, ive found that i always choose the "bad" ones. The ones who use drugs or are considered dirty or low lifes, because i felt i was not good enough to get any one better...
I ended up getting used.. no suprise there, and it effected me even more...

Re: about boyfriend and girfriends

lmaoatyou said:
i have had boyfriends before, and i i find it is helpful for me, and it brings me more out of my shell, and gives me more experience.
Although, ive had boyfriends, ive found that i always choose the "bad" ones. The ones who use drugs or are considered dirty or low lifes, because i felt i was not good enough to get any one better...
I ended up getting used.. no suprise there, and it effected me even more...

Lmaoatyou, You can do better than that. You deserve better than that. Sure there are alot of jerks out there, but there are also alot of really nice guys, too. Stay positive, and I'm certain you'll find someone special for you. And when you do, you'll forget all about the bad ones. :)

Goodluck.

-Wary

Min

I understand both points of view, yes to those with severe SA may think those with a less severe one aren't truly SA...

while those who are less severe, are annoyed by what she said because it seems shes dismissing the fact you just have it less severe, as if that means you don't belong or that you're just here to complain or fit in somehow.

Personally, I have seen this come up several times, and it has turned me off of the site quite frankly. Anyone with a less severe SA probably is feeling unwanted or disliked or frustrated that no one understands that they still have problems even though they may not have as many as you. (just examples)

crome

Word. I mean if I posted a pic on here and a million people dissed my looks I wouldn't care, but if one person gave me a dirty look in the street I would crap my pants. :?