I must be boring him to death. . .

this_portrait

I'm talking with this guy who messaged me on Plenty of Fish. We have quite a bit in common, and we seem to get along well so far. We just started talking to each other over MSN yesterday, and that went really well.

Tonight, though, while it may have started off well, I'm beginning to think I'm boring the guy to death. He's been very slow at replying to my IMs, and I've been waiting for over 20 minutes for him to reply to the last thing I said. I'm convinced that he thinks I'm boring and won't want to continue to talk to me. . .

You could be right, or he could just be doing a lot of other stuff. I have a friend who usually takes a few minutes, and often hours, to reply to IMs -- because she's working and just IMs when there are free moments.

Anomaly

There are a few things to look for when you want to see if someone is interested over the internet. Response time is one of them - there's no reason why a reply can't come within a minute, preferably less, unless they explicitly state that they're busy or you can see their status set to busy/away/etc. The quality of those responses must also be more than "lol" or "hehe" or "nice." The other person must initiate conversation. That means you're not the only reason why the conversation keeps going - they bring up topics and ask you questions.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Try not to think the worst, I'm sure you've had instances in the past where you overreacted and worried yourself to death over nothing.

I know I have. This may just be one of those times for you.

Maybe he's arguing with his roommate or something like that and just doesn't want to bother you with it.

Breathe-in, breathe-out. Breathe-in, breathe-out. Ha Ha

Last edited:

this_portrait

Well, it's been almost an hour since he last replied. . .

I just hope he doesn't randomly go offline without even saying goodbye. . .

EDIT:: As I had feared, he went offline without saying goodbye. . .

Last edited:

FountainandFairfax

Try not to give him so much power.

Get up from the computer and go do something besides hanging on his every message for an hour or so.

I think it'll do you some good, I hope it does. ::(:

EDIT: I'm sorry that happened.

FountainandFairfax

PFFFFFFT. Whatever.

I've had more awkward, heart-palpitation inducing messenger chats in one month than either of you'll have in your entire lives. :D

this_portrait

I just feel so hopeless right now, because it seemed as if I would finally get a b/f (and one who I could possibly get along and have things in common with, no less), and now it just seems as if I have to start all over again. . .

I'd like to think that something just came up, but I just don't feel that's what it is. . .

agoraphobickatie

keeping in with the quotes--
"nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent"
-eleanor roosevelt

..i'm a sucker for a good quote

PennyLane

I feel like im I might be jumped on for saying this....but in my experience men dont like girls who are too keen. Like someone else said...don't give him all the power. You should feel that he is also lucky to be chatting to you, not just the other way around.

It sounded like you had a lot in common and clicked, so I really don't think its because you bored him. Even if you did, that wouldn't be a reason to not say goodbye.

Please try not to worry, there will be someone. This one might still have a chance too. I get myself worked up over nothing where men are concerned all the time.

iwanttogetbetter

reenactment of my msn conversations
person:heyyyyyyy
me: "shit why didnt i put my status on away" *wait 2 minutes* oh hii how are you?
person: not bad u
me: yeah im good
then goes down hill from there. *block*

real life reenactment at school
Me: Hey guys
peeps: *nods*
all down hill from there 2 :(

atleast u had a conversation about something.

klytus

iwanttogetbetter said:
reenactment of my msn conversations
person:heyyyyyyy
me: "shit why didnt i put my status on away" *wait 2 minutes* oh hii how are you?
person: not bad u
me: yeah im good
then goes down hill from there. *block*
Why would you block him? That appears to be unfair. It's like blaming and punishing the other person for not entertaining you properly. If a conversation doesn't work, it's no one's fault. The people are just incompatible.

Last edited: