I keep waking up at 3am?

PrincessKitty

Everytime when I feel tired or I go to bed at a decent time around 9-11pm. I always get up at 2-3am and I feel wide awake. No idea why though?

It's been happening a lot recently and I just want a decent nights rest, but my body is telling me otherwise.

Can someone help please :question:

SCP-087-1

I usually go to sleep at 2am and wake up at 8am. Whenever I go to bed earlier I wake up at around 3am and find it hard to get back to sleep but if I keep my light off, resist the urge to open my laptop, and pretend to sleep then eventually I drift off again. But whenever I think "i'll just go on the internet for 5min" I end up staying awake the rest of the night. So I guess just pretend to sleep until you actually fall asleep. It will take a while and will be boring as hell.

Also keep your eyes shut. A few times I lay in bed with my eyes open and I was perfectly still for about an hour and got sleep paralysis. It was scary

Everytime when I feel tired or I go to bed at a decent time around 9-11pm. I always get up at 2-3am and I feel wide awake. No idea why though?

It's been happening a lot recently and I just want a decent nights rest, but my body is telling me otherwise.

This can be a natural sleep pattern, two blocks of sleep and feeling awake for an hour or two in between
First Sleep and Second Sleep: Our Natural Pattern? | EmpowHER - Women's Health Online

I am having the same problem, I've been waking up around 2-4am and sometimes I have a difficult time falling back asleep. I used to sleep at 10-11pm and wake up at 6am. I am starting to to jog every week for about 2 hours to see if it helps, and try not to eat at night.

MotherWolff

Banned

There are many factors that cause are sleeping patters to be the way they are.

One of the major ones is our diet.

How is your diet? What are some of the things you eat on a daily basis? What is it that you drink?

Ithior

Do you stay awake for more or less one hour when it happens?

I had that a year ago, lasted some months. I think it was during my last year in university. Anyway, I googled it and I found something saying that it was actually good, though today I only found stuff saying otherwise. Anyway, after some digging around this might be what I found: Busting the 8-Hour Sleep Myth: Why You Should Wake Up in the Night | Biphasic Sleeping | Insomnia & the Science of Sleep

I used that hour to read a book or review my class notes.

selon

This usually happens to me when I don't eat dinner. It always takes me about an hour until I realize that I'm just hungry (sometimes two hours because I'm too lazy to get up and get some food 0_0 )

stevo66

This is a symptom of Major Depressive Disorder. Not saying that's whats wrong with you I'm not an expert.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
This happens when I drink coffee during the day. I lay down very tired, more so than usual, but then wake-up just a few hours later, strangely energized.